Announcing the Fairy Tales Contest!

So, Episode announced a new contest. What do you think?

Fairy Tales are a part of many cultures, and we want to see your takes on their stories!

The specific guidelines are:

1. Your story must have “FT” in the title. Stories without “FT” in the title will be disqualified. While not required for entry it is strongly recommended that you format your title like this - “FT: The Golden Egg” This will help readers search for your story and identify it as a contest entry.
  2. You must completely fill out this Google form to enter. In the event that you send the wrong link or make a mistake on your entry form, please send your story title, email address and the correct link in a support ticket so we can update your entry.
  3. Your story can be in any genre, but should feature characters and/or plotting from a Fairy Tale of your choosing.

What Qualifies as a Fairy Tale? Any culture’s fictional folk tales will be classified as a fairy tale for this contest. Stories should be adaptations that use identifiable characters or plotlines, but can be molded into original works.

Authors must adapt stories and characters in the public domain, which are free for all to use due to their lack of copyright status. While most fairy tales’ concepts and characters are in the Public Domain, meaning you can write about them without it being plagiarism or infringing on someone’s copyright, the specific characterizations and unique plot elements of recent retellings (ex: Disney movies, Once Upon A Time, Grimm) are not allowed to be used, and will be considered plagiarism. For more about what’s in the public domain, and what isn’t, check this out!

We encourage you to put original spins onto these stories to make them your own!

Examples of possible plots:

• A retelling of the Ant and the Grasshopper, about two very different roommates
  • Hansel and Gretel find themselves tempted by a celebrity’s ornate mansion
  • A baker’s masterwork turns out to be a living Gingerbread man

I’m just going to share the important parts.

5 Likes

This sounds… interesting.

2 Likes

I don’t really read Episode anymore,but the contest does sound kind of interesting not gonna lie.

2 Likes

Same :pleading_face:

1 Like

I might do this.

2 Likes

Same here!

2 Likes

I actually really like how this contest sounds

3 Likes

Same.

2 Likes

This actually is interesting :eyes:

1 Like

I’m tempted to create a thread for this contest. Discussion/planning thread. But there’s only a few people doing this contest, including myself.

2 Likes

Yeah, but still do it! The more the better!

1 Like

You know what? Yeah, I’ll just make one.

1 Like

lol.

1 Like

Done diddity done. Lol

1 Like

Yaya!!! XD

1 Like

added tags here too

2 Likes

You should join the contest :eyes:

1 Like

:eyes::eyes: I don’t even write on episode anymore

1 Like

But I feel like you’d be reallyyyyy good with this contest :pleading_face:

1 Like

aw :pleading_face: but writing and coding on episode is so much work :sneezing_face:

1 Like