Anonymous writing advice

Thank you :joy:

4 Likes

You are welcome. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

You could try to make a promotion thread for it on here, I’m sure that some people would read it if they knew about your story :smile_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

Don’t we already have a thread for that? :thinking::sweat_smile::eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

3 Likes

We have a prompt thread, not sure about a general description one

3 Likes

We don’t have a general description one as far as I know :thinking::eyes::sparkles::green_heart::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking of making :joy:

3 Likes

Oh :no_mouth: I misunderstood it :sweat_smile::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:
A general description thread sounds like a good idea :eyes::sparkles::+1::green_heart:

3 Likes

I have a solid story idea but I’m struggling with how to link the main events with the story! Any advice?

My advice is to either make it a bonus side story or add in one factor that it shares with the main plot line, it could even just be a line of dialogue or an object which both plot lines use.

3 Likes

I’m struggling with writing relatable characters. It’s my first draft and I know it doesn’t have to be perfect but I at least want these characters to be somewhat interesting when they’re not.

3 Likes

Maybe try to base their traits and personality on real life people’s personalities? :sweat_smile::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:
I tried

1 Like

Then get attached to your chars XD

1 Like

But still kill all of them in the end :smiling_imp::eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

1 Like

I never kill my characters. I guess it’s because I write more lighthearted stories and not murder mysteries or sad dramas… but yeah, I’ve never killed off any character in my stories.

4 Likes

It’s the opposite for me… I struggle with not killing off characters… I can always come up with a way to kill them for no reason other than creating drama because I’m bored :no_mouth::green_heart::eyes::sparkles::sweat_smile::joy:

2 Likes

How do you get the MC to act like they like the LI?

3 Likes

Imagine what you would act like if you liked someone? Idk :sweat_smile::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

3 Likes

Bump.

This writing advice is so helpful! :white_heart:

2 Likes

Bump cause this is really useful but doesn’t get used enough…

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity :heart: