Anonymous writing advice

We don’t have a general description one as far as I know :thinking::eyes::sparkles::green_heart::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking of making :joy:

4 Likes

Oh :no_mouth: I misunderstood it :sweat_smile::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:
A general description thread sounds like a good idea :eyes::sparkles::+1::green_heart:

3 Likes

I have a solid story idea but I’m struggling with how to link the main events with the story! Any advice?

My advice is to either make it a bonus side story or add in one factor that it shares with the main plot line, it could even just be a line of dialogue or an object which both plot lines use.

4 Likes

I’m struggling with writing relatable characters. It’s my first draft and I know it doesn’t have to be perfect but I at least want these characters to be somewhat interesting when they’re not.

4 Likes

Maybe try to base their traits and personality on real life people’s personalities? :sweat_smile::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:
I tried

2 Likes

Then get attached to your chars XD

2 Likes

But still kill all of them in the end :smiling_imp::eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

1 Like

I never kill my characters. I guess it’s because I write more lighthearted stories and not murder mysteries or sad dramas… but yeah, I’ve never killed off any character in my stories.

5 Likes

It’s the opposite for me… I struggle with not killing off characters… I can always come up with a way to kill them for no reason other than creating drama because I’m bored :no_mouth::green_heart::eyes::sparkles::sweat_smile::joy:

3 Likes

How do you get the MC to act like they like the LI?

4 Likes

Imagine what you would act like if you liked someone? Idk :sweat_smile::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

5 Likes

Bump.

This writing advice is so helpful! :white_heart:

3 Likes

Bump cause this is really useful but doesn’t get used enough…

4 Likes

Hey everybody, I’ve reopened the thread because we have alot of new users who may want to ask for advice anonymously :blush: I’ll tag @Discussions here

11 Likes

Oh cool! Now, I don’t have to make the writing tips thread.

3 Likes

I’ve been reading Eleanor’s creative writing on the forum, she’s talented af! How do I write like her?

Hhhhhhh bro thanks for the compliment unless you mean a different Eleanor :joy:

I’m severly out of practise with my writing and I really don’t know how to advise you :sweat_smile: maybe don’t write like me, write like you :sunglasses:

5 Likes

How do you introduce characters in a more organic way? For example, let’s say the main character has been taken by a group of characters who don’t trust her. Would it make sense to have them interrogate her or tend to her needs before questioning her?

Probably tend to her needs first and have that one person who’s like damn I don’t like the look of her, something fishy goin on here :joy: I think baraging the main character with questions immediately isn’t a great idea but I have seen it done alright :joy:

5 Likes

How do we create character flaws and avoid Mary Sues?

I do believe we have a blog post on this here

5 Likes

How do I start my blog? I don’t know if I should just jump right into it or explain myself before I do anything

Shannii made a rad blog post on this here

5 Likes