Are You the One? - Season Eight - Official Thread

Welcome to season eight of Are You The One, a reality show in which twenty-six competitors will compete in hopes of finding love and winning a million-dollar prize. All competitors will have a perfect match, but they will not know who it is, as their goal is to find their perfect match. This season takes place in Cape Town.

In this roleplay, each week will be three RP days. Each RP day will equal two days in real life. (Although I may change this if the RP moves very slowly or quickly)

During the first day, there will be a competition and there will be two (sometimes three and maybe only one) winners. The winners will be able to choose who they want to take on a date unless it’s one of the weeks where someone else chooses for them. (I am not sure if I will be doing that this season or not though) After the competition, all of the contestants will socialize in the house.

During the second day, the date will take place and the other contestants will socialize in the house. The rest of the contestants will also choose which couple on the date they want to send into the truth booth, which will reveal if the couple is a perfect match or not. The chosen couple will then get in the booth when they get back from their date and if they are a perfect match they will spend one last night with the other contestants before going off to the honeymoon suite. If they are not a perfect match, they will have to try to move on to continue on in the search of their perfect match.

During the third day, the contestants will socialize and get ready for the match ceremony at night. Each week either the girls or guys will have their pick of who they want to sit with at the ceremony. There will then be thirteen lights and every light represents a perfect match. The number of lights that are lit is how many perfect matches are sitting together at the ceremony.

There may be other events that take place during the days, such as parties and additional challenges.

The goal of the game is that by the end of thirteen weeks all thirteen lights will be on. If they are, the million-dollar prize will split in between all the contestants. If they are not, they will walk away with nothing.

Rules:
-Turn notifications on for this thread!
-Write at least 5-6 sentences per character!
-If your character is approachable, make them approach another approachable character, don’t just wait for some to approach your character or just post that they’re approachable if you know others are too!
-You must be active! (Please have about a conversation (at least five posts on your part in response to the same character) per character a day!)
-If you have multiple characters, do not neglect some of them and only focus on certain characters!
-Make sure to keep the roleplay dramatic, so add drama!
-If you are not active for longer than two days without letting me know beforehand, your characters may be put up for adoption! Your character can also be put up for adoption if I decide that you are not active enough! I will most likely be doing a warning system this season.
-Let me know if you are going away! (PM me or let me know in the sign-up/chat thread)
-No contact with the outside world is allowed. (Unless permitted by Terrence, the host, but you’d have to ask me first)
-No electronic devices are allowed unless they are already in the house like the TV, but there is nothing on the TV for the characters to watch.
-No books, music, animals, or most things from the outside world are allowed. (ask me if you are unsure if something would be allowed in the house)
-Characters may not leave the area of the house unless they have permission. (From me. For challenges, dates, etc)
-Once your character has found their perfect match in the truth booth and goes to the hotel, they will only be playable at the light ceremony.
-Sex is allowed (In the show there’s actually a room called the boom boom room which is in the roleplay), but obviously no graphic details! After clothes are off, either you take it to a PM or just time skip!
-Blur curse words!
-DO NOT share details about your characters with anybody else. The only thing you’re allowed to share is whatever is on the faceclaims. Do not share their personality or biography or interests or what they’re looking for in a person. The reason for this is that then it might be easier to determine who is a perfect match which ruins the whole point of the roleplay. The purpose is to discover what the other characters are like yourself instead of being told.
-When you roleplay, please try to stay with what you wrote and don’t change your characters’ personalities because if you do, their perfect match won’t be as compatible with them. If you need your character’s personality or bio or something, you can PM @Littlefeets, the matchmaker!
Do not tell me any information about your characters though. If you need anything else that doesn’t have to do with your characters’ personalities or the matches, PM me.
-If you are not writing in character, write OOC (Out of Character) or ORP. (Out of Roleplay) Blurring the OOCs is preferable. Try to avoid writing out of character and just type whatever you want to say in the sign-up thread/chat. I’m the only one that can break this rule.
-Do not advertise your own RPs/SGs/any of that on here or the sign-up thread!

If those rules are broken, some will make your character go up for adoption immediately, others will give you a warning or two before your character goes up for adoption!

Wait list:
@Dying_Dragon
@MeghanWrites
@SkyWalker

Faceclaims: Click here!
House Tour/Map: Click here!
Sign-up/chat thread: Click here!

@Littlefeets, @Kate, @CerealKiller, @Aesthetic, @Madilnel, @astxrism, @raviola, @unicornio, @Xx_Alyssa_xX, @Oak, @MeghanWrites, @jiya.writes, @euphoriaa, @sofia

If you need me to explain anything in more detail, tell me on the sign-up/chat thread or PM me!

List of approachable characters (if your character is on this list, approach another approachable character on this list):

10 Likes

OOC: Can everyone just start from the new day? If you made any posts in the new day, could you repost them? I don’t think there were too many.

Also, it will be 75 degrees Fahrenheit outside in the middle of the day in the RP. It is sunny and at night it will drop now to 58 degrees.

It is the third (and last) day of the third week.

Tags

@Littlefeets, @Kate, @CerealKiller, @Aesthetic, @Madilnel, @astxrism, @raviola, @unicornio, @Xx_Alyssa_xX, @Oak

6 Likes

Viviane Porcallo
I had a great day yesterday but the end of the night did not go as planned. I don’t understand how Nathan wasn’t my match. I played with my heart here and opened up to him. I felt a connection and even let myself start to like him. I made myself get up and get ready even though I was very down right now. I let out a sigh as I stood under the water in the shower, letting it fall over my head. I let Nathan’s words replay in my head from during our date. ”i like you because you’re special, and you make me feel like I haven’t felt in a long time“ These gave me a little reassurance but still things could happen. So much for my happy girl positive attitude today. Maybe I get one day to not be… I finally got out of the shower after a long shower. I got dressed by putting on a tie front top and a pair of high waisted shorts. I put on some jewelry again, I mostly always did. I just felt it tied an outfit together and then I put my hair into a low pony. The front pieces falling out naturally and drying in small waves like the rest of my hair. I did my make up because if I did my make up that would at least make me feel happy on the outside. The saying, if you dress good you’ll feel good is my motto for right now. I then left the beauty room and walked outside. I wasn’t hungry this morning so I found a spot up on the balcony to hang out at for the time being until some other people woke up.

Outfit

@CerealKiller

1 Like

Cora Baker

I had gotten up extra early so I could spend some time in the pool before everyone else was up. I had been out swimming for a while when I heard someone nearby. I looked up and saw Lucius come by. “Hey there Lucius. I haven’t really seen you since truth or dare.”

@sofia

2 Likes

Nathan Anderson

Nathan has never felt more devastated in his entire life than he has when the results of the truth booth came up,
How could they not be a match? It felt so right…
He once again found himself absolutely clueless, now he had to find his actual match, but he already found what he was actually looking for.
As Nathan woke up his bedmate was still asleep, so he went to clear his thoughts in she shower, maybe wash the negativity off himself .
He wondered what was going to happen from now on, would she still want him even though they weren’t a match, or will she surrender to the rules of the game and leave him to find her actual match?
Getting dressed after the shower, Nathan went out to the balcony, where he suddenly noticed viv sitting on her own.
“Hey” he said with a warm smirk , barely even a smile.
She looked different, less positive and happy than she usually looked.
“Are you okay?” He asked and sat next to her “you look a bit off” he said worries
@Madilnel

outift (no hat)

Screenshot_20200224-171953_Instagram

1 Like

Viviane Porcallo
I knew my match was in here somewhere and part of me knew I should give them the same chance I gave Nathan but I didn’t want to. I felt a great connection with Nathan and I didn’t know if that could come across the same with anyone else. Or whoever my match is, may be in the same boat as me also. Maybe I can get to know them strictly as friends. I didn’t want to just give up on me and Nathan though because he truly made my happy, even in the short time we knew each other. I leaned back on the day bed I was sitting on and fiddled with the necklace around my neck until I heard Nathan’s voice and sat up slightly while he spoke. “Are you okay? you look a bit off” “I definitely not as happy as I was yesterday…” I admitted and scooted over so he could also sit down. “I’m just very confused how you aren’t my match.” I shrugged as I spoke and looked over at him.
@CerealKiller

2 Likes

Nathan Anderson

He sat down next to her and pulled her to a side hug with a sigh “so am I” he admitted “but that’s not what’s really important, If my heart tells me that you are my match, it’s true no matter that this stupid booth says” he said with a light smile
“I’ll still look for my match obviously, it’s still part of the game. But I won’t leave you for that” he said “promise” he said and gave her a kiss on the head
@Madilnel

2 Likes

Viviane Porcallo
When he pulled me in for a side hug, I let my arm snake behind him and my head leaned against his chest. It all just felt so natural with him and I felt comforted. I smiled to myself at his words. I was happy to know he was feeling the same way I was right now. “I’ll still look for my match obviously" I nodded. “Oh, yeah I got it. I don’t want to let anyone down either by not still trying. I don’t care about the money, but some people might and I would hate to be the reason we lose.” I said to him. I still wanted to find my match too for the sake of finding my match and figuring out why we are a match. The matchmakers saw somehting in us that made them put us together so I want to see that too. “You are a pretty amazing guy.” I said to him, looking up at him with my eyes. I smiled a little more when I felt him kiss my head. Somehting I always loved.
@CerealKiller

2 Likes

Lucius

I had woken up kind of late today and even stayed in bed for quite some time after that. Eventually I got out of bed, putting on some shorts and a t-shirt. I slid on some flip flops, then headed downstairs, deciding to head into the kitchen to grab myself some breakfast. It was probably lunch time by time point though. After I reached the kitchen, I made myself a quick breakfast, then sat down and began eating. As I ate, I looked at Cora, who was swimming. After she became uninteresting, I turned my attention to others in the area.

Once I was done eating, I made my way over toward the pool to talk to Cora. “Hey there Lucius. I haven’t really seen you since truth or dare.” I nodded. “Yeah, it’s been a while. How are you?” I asked, sitting on the chair that was right by the pool.

@Littlefeets

2 Likes

Nathan Anderson
Oh, yeah I got it. I don’t want to let anyone down either by not still trying. I don’t care about the money, but some people might and I would hate to be the reason we lose
“Definitely” he nodded in agreement
You are a pretty amazing guy.
She smiled, which made him smile too.
"I’m just a regular guy who fell under your charm " he said with a small smirk
“Now keep that smile on okay?” He said “It suits you so much better” he smiled
@Madilnel

2 Likes

Tristan Jonston
Another day, another amazing time in this place. Sometimes I wonder why I signed up. Oh well, embarrassment on live television is always a joy to take part in.
I’m starved, so I head to the kitchen for a meal. I feel like toast today, it’s roasting out. But yeah, eating toast too would be good. (Did you see what I did there? I’m comedy gold.) I take two sheets of wholemeal bread and pop it in the toaster. While I’m waiting, I eye the vibrant blue colours on the wall and the bushes of green. So peaceful - I wish I could say the same.

ORP

@CerealKiller I won’t be able to reply until tomorrow soz

2 Likes

Viviane Porcallo
"I’m just a regular guy who fell under your charm " I gave him a little nudge on his chest and scoffed. “Do not tell yourself short!” I said to him as I pulled away and sat up straight, still next to him though. “You really are great and that’s why I am so glad I’ve gotten to know you.” I smiled at him and nodded for reassurance. It made starting to like him so much easier because of how genuine and real he was.
“I will try my best.” I rolled my eyes playfully but I did mean it. I wasn’t going to let this ruin my time here. I still had Nathan, even if we weren’t a true match, and i still wanted to get to know him, more than friends…
@CerealKiller

2 Likes

Daphne Sideris

Daphne woke up in the morning and after getting dressed she headed to the kitchen to get herself something to eat.
As she got to the kitchen she made herself a cup of coffee and turned as she saw a guy walk in.
“Good morning” she said to him
@Oak

1 Like

Nathan Anderson

Do not tell yourself short!
He chuckled “yes ma’am” he said and nudged her back jokingly
You really are great and that’s why I am so glad I’ve gotten to know you.
“Can’t say the same you’re pretty mediocre” he shrugged “kidding you’re amazing” he chuckled and pulled her closer
I will try my best
“Good” he smiled. “Now how about some breakfast?” He suggested
@Madilnel

1 Like

Viviane Porcallo
I chuckled and nudged his chest playfully again. “Hey!” I said allowed, a little louder and in between laughs. “That’s not very nice.” I said with a fake pout. “Now how about some breakfast?" I smirked to this though. “Is that you offering to cook for me, because I will not turn down the offer then.” I actually loved cooking and baking but I wasn’t going to say no to someone else doing all the work for me for once.
@CerealKiller

1 Like

Nathan Anderson

Hey! That’s not very nice
He laughed “I’m kiddingggg” he said “of course I don’t mean it”
Is that you offering to cook for me, because I will not turn down the offer then.
“Maybe” he smirked “now that’s the time where I show off all my skills so you like me even more” he chuckled
“Come on” he said getting up and gave her his hand to help her up
@Madilnel

1 Like

Cora Baker

I swam over to the edge of the pool by where Lucius was and smiled at him. “I’m doing pretty well, especially now that I have the chance to talk to you. How have you been?” I had no idea who my match could be. For all I knew it could be Lucius, it could be one of the most attractive people there, or even someone else.

@sofia

1 Like

Ryder

Getting one more no match might be disappointing, especially for the people in the truth booth hoping for the best. But it might just mean that he was right, in fact he was sure he was right. There wasn’t a chance Hannah is not his match and he was very pleased with it. It would be nice to have some clarification but it’s not something he necessarily cared about, it won’t make him like her more or less.
Before the ceremony, they had a lot of free time so he decided it would be lovely to do something special. He felt like actually doing it and being romantic is what he tries to be whenever he feels something for someone so it worked perfectly. The beach was the first place that came to his mind when he was planning this; might be cheesy, something a lot of people don’t like but he hoped she would. Little picnic on the beach always sounded like a good idea so that’s what he went for. Not being much of a cook doesn’t really help in a situation like this but the effort counts. Getting everything he needed, he set it all up before coming back to the house to look for her.
Spotting her, with her back turned towards him he walked up to her, gently wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her shoulder. “Hi.” He softly said, with a mischievous smile. “Would you come with me?”

@Aesthetic

outfit

but the shirt is almost fully unbuttoned

1 Like

Hannah Lawson
Oddly enough, our match ceremony only had one match again. Our beginners luck had basically ended, but was I wrong to think that Ryder and I were that beam? I mean, in all honesty how could I not like everything about him? He was everything I had been searching for, so I was pretty confident that we were a match. Although, I didn’t care about the whole perfect match thing. I came here to find love. I was near the kitchen, throwing something into the trash when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me waist, then a kiss on my shoulder. I knew it was Ryder right away. “Hi.” His touch and sound had gotten so familiar to me, it’d be hard not to recognize him. I stood still, but put my hands over his as I looked up at him. “Would you come with me?” I raised an eyebrow and turned around fully. “Mm, sure…” I said as I raised a brow. “Where to?” I asked.
@astxrism

outfit

2 Likes

Viviane Porcallo
“Well let’s see what you can do then.” I said back to him with a smirk and then stood up. Using this hand for a little extra help, though I didn’t really need it but he offered and I’m definitely going to hold his hand when I can. “Whats on the menu huh?” I asked looking up at him with a raised brow as we walked to the kitchen.
@CerealKiller

1 Like