Autism: We Are Not What You Think

i get that but i have bad memory so i will probably forget its existence :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Aha maybe in the future, you’ll remember. Just go on this thread to look for the name.

3 Likes

if i remember :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t get me started about the ad I saw for this

I hate it when people call us “picky eaters”. Just because we don’t like a certain food or meal, doesn’t mean we’re bad people. I hate cucumbers because it’s just water! I hate it when my dad tries to guilt-trip me into liking it saying that it’s “good for health”. You can be healthy and eat the things you enjoy! My brother is no better, I hate it when he goes “How can you not like cucumbers?” what kind of dumb question is that? I just don’t like cucumbers! Especially when it reminds me of my cousin from Bangladesh who crash diets by eating just cucumbers and carrots. Not very healthy!

Edit: Just realised that I have mentioned this in the thread. I tend to repeat myself when I’m annoyed so don’t mind me. Aha!

1 Like

I just hate it when people refuse to accept autism in females. Autism is not a male thing, anyone can be autistic!
It irks so much when people say that we’re “attention seekers” when we say that we have autism.

3 Likes

YES.

1 Like

Honestly, they use the term attention seeking as a negative connotation. We all crave for attention (depending on the context).
Yeah I get not everyone’s obligated to like you but the fact that people say that s**t is pretty detrimental in a way, implying that they think you deserved to be bullied. No one deserves to be bullied!

3 Likes

Exactly. I wasn’t even bullied for my autism. I was bullied for other things.

2 Likes

Me too.

Don’t forget that girls back then will always be ruthless! These nasty comments such as “Eww, she needs a makeover!”

Let people change for themselves, they don’t need someone else commenting on the way they look.

2 Likes