Breakout RP Official Chat

|630px;x119px;

This chat is for all non-RP discussions

Tag me if you have any questions about absolutely anything, since understanding how this will work is very important. And ask freely. You will not be judged if you have a “dumb question” since there is no such thing!

3 Likes

Okay, so I will try to make this as short as possible but it is very important that you read this

How will we move through each room?

I vaguely discussed this in sign ups but I will say this again. There are specific ways that you will use for me to understand what you are trying to do.

When you enter each room, I will begin by giving a detailed description of the room to start. You can interact with objects just like you would in real life. You just need to bold it and tag me when you are interacting with the objects in the room.

For example. If I say there is a bookshelf in the room, you could write
"I looked over to the corner, and saw a wooden bookshelf. I decided to head over to get a closer look, and inspect the bookself (@Kat) "

That is how you will let me know what you are trying to do. You can interact with objects however you want as long as your response was clear, bolded, and you tagged me.

Also, please be patient and give me time to reply to all of your interactions. I also have a life, so please do not overcrowd me with interactions. Thank you, that is all

A few main interactions (not limited to these!!)
  • Move {object} from {Point A} to {Point B}
  • Inspect {object}
  • Open {Object} (like a desk drawer if there is a desk, or a book on a bookshelf)

If you have any questions at all please ask!! It is crucial that everyone understands how this works otherwise the RP may not work!!

@BreakoutRP

7 Likes

Ok, I am going to a party to celebrate the end of school for the day, and I will be back later this afternoon. For now, you all can just get to know each other and RP amongst yourselves. Rue will unlock the first door later tonight

1 Like

Also one more thing (regarding Rue)

She is technically an active RP character you can interact with however you want to. I did mainly create her just as my way of helping you guys by giving hints, but you can still approach her, talk to her, or do whatever you want.

She doesn’t have a backstory (since I’m too lazy to write one) but she is simply brainwashed/held against her will to do this. She is/isn’t the killer, but I won’t go too far into that since it isn’t important and it’s a bit confusing, but you will see.

She is the only one with a weapon. You can try and take it or attack her, but I don’t think that would end very well. Plus, she is your source for hints and such. But, I’m all for the dramatics as some of you may know.

You can also talk to her and ask for help, but I will not guarantee that she will answer. If you ask something I can’t/don’t want to answer, she will simply not reply :wink:

2 Likes

When do you guys want to head into the first room?

• 11:00 PM EST (tonight)
  • 12:00 AM EST (midnight)
  • 9:00 AM EST (tomorrow)
  • 12: PM EST (tomorrow)

0 voters

@BreakoutRP

2 Likes

Uh… I’ve submitted my character. Can I already start RPing or I’m allowed to do that once we get into the first room?

1 Like

I think we’re allowed to interact in the room we’re currently in.

1 Like

Okayy

1 Like

i found evidence

1 Like

Haha thanks. I’ll make my first post

1 Like

@BreakoutRP you can also pick up objects and carry them with you (just let me know so I can keep an inventory), as they might be useful later in the game. Or, they may cause something bad to happen. Or they may just be random useless objects I put in to throw you off. You’ll never know :wink:

2 Likes

@Kat I know it’s early but I think I’m dropping Ethan. since we’re all in such small spaces, it’s not convenient to have 2 characters.

1 Like

You sure ? lol if that is what you are worried about then you don’t need to.

This is simply an easy round for you all to get used to the commands and to see what I mean by interacting with the objects. Plus, it is better if there are more characters considering I will be killing a bunch of you off at some point (well unless you are smart and solve all of the puzzles)

But if you want to, I will remove him from the FCs

1 Like

in some cases, maybe, but I’m really good at puzzles and escape rooms, having two people might not be the best in my case.
(seeing how I’m a big nerd and I do escape room games almost on a daily basis on my phone, done all the Escape Room The Game, and all the Exit games :sweat_smile:

So yeah, I rather keep it at one character :grimacing:

1 Like

@BreakoutRP Since someone did indeed find the exit - do we want to move on or assume there may be clues in this room that will help us later on and keep looking?

1 Like

@BreakoutRP
(lol sorry, I will try and fix this so that you can use the tag too)

3 Likes

Ok, everyone can now use the @BreakoutRP tag but please use it sparingly!

2 Likes

Thanks @Kat! Here’s a poll to decide which one to do. I personally feel like may of the items in this room are supposed to just keep our characters busy from finding the obvious escape. Though there may be somethings we keep (Say the letter @HyperKari found - there may be a decoder in another room that helps with a future clue). I don’t - however - feel the book case has anything worth keeping unless I keep poking and have my character read the books (which is not going to happen :joy:).

• Keep Looking
  • Move on

0 voters

@BreakoutRP (Sorry for the re-tag)

3 Likes

I assume it doesn’t work on old posts, even when edited?

2 Likes

hmm… I’m not sure

actually yes, if you edit old posts it works

2 Likes