Call of Duty (Mobile) Thread

Not sure how many of you play COD, if you do, add me- iM lOnElYyY :eyes:

Most probably don’t have space for it since it’s a large game, 2GB, but if you do you should try it out. If you like shooting games obviously lmao

My Username: ZaddyCheeto69

:eye::tongue::eye:

Some tips if you’re just starting out, or are sh*t at it like me-

Tips

I’ll be adding to this section :eyes:

Scorestreaks

Scorestreaks are like bonus reward weapons and abilities that a player can achieve in the game, they give users an extra edge over the enemies during a match. You only have 3 slots, you can purchase scorestreaks in the shop and as you level up you unlock the free ones.

They have a time limit then will disappear.

How to unlock them.

You can unlock them by killing enemies or completing objectives, but depends on which mode you’re playing.

So take advantage of them, they are very handy, but can also easily be destroyed by enemies.

You can preview each scorestreak before buying/using.

Types of Scorestreaks
  • SAM Turret: An unmanned weapon that uses missiles to automatically lock onto and destroy hostile aircrafts.
  • Hunter Killer Drone: Infantry deployed drone that seeks out an enemy or vehicle.
  • Shock RC: Detects nearby enemies and paralyzes them in a continuous electric shock.
  • Stealth Chopper: Reveals enemy positions and sends an unmanned helicopter.
  • Counter UAV: Scrambles enemy mini-maps and disables hostile SAM Turrets for a short time.
  • XS1 Goliath: Powerful armor with unlimited ammo, damage taken will slowly hurt HP and destroy it.
  • Care Package: Airdrop a random scorestreak.
  • Sentry Turret: Deploys a computer-controlled turret that targets enemy players and equipment.
  • Napalm: Scorch nearby enemies and fill the battlefield with smoke.
  • Cluster Strike: Launches continuous missiles to a designated location for a short time.
  • VTOL: A manned plane which reveals enemy locations to shoot missiles at.
  • Shield Turret: A manned shielded turret that the player controls.
  • Hawk X3: Manually controlled drone with a machine gun as the weapon.
  • Advanced UAV: Shows enemy positions and directs you.
  • EMP Systems: Disables all enemy electronics. All items in enemy HUD will be removed and field of vision will be affected. Enemies cannot use throwables, scorestreaks, or Operator Skills.
  • MQ-27 Dragonfire: Use a drone to detect and eliminate enemies while it has power and ammo. It carries 3 infrared explosive probes.
How to Destroy Them

Scorestreaks not on this list can’t be destroyed, or I just don’t know/haven’t added them yet-

• Sentry Terret/Gun: Grenades, Missiles, Hunter Killer Drone, Rocket Launcher. There is also a perk called Cold Blooded. If u equip it, ai controlled scorestreaks will completely ignore you.

• SAM Turret/Gun: I think these are the same as the Sentry Gun, I haven’t tested this out yet though.

• Shock RC: If you use the Cold Blooded perk it will ignore you, if you get caught by a Shock RC you can repeatedly click the buttons that pop up until it lets go.

• UAV Missile: You can shoot these down, except with a shotgun.

• Stealth Chopper: You can also shoot these down, I’m not sure with which guns, but I’ve read that an LMG will work. You can shoot them down with explosive arrows too.

• XS1 Goliath: The only way to destroy these is to bring down the armors HP. You can do this by using anything that inflicts damage. (Like shooting at it, firing missiles, War Machine, etc…)

• VTOL Jet: These can be shot down with missiles and an LMG (I think?).

• Advanced UAV: EMP.

More info on Scorestreaks:

https://www.digit.in/features/gaming/everything-you-need-to-know-about-scorestreaks-in-call-of-duty-mobile-50773.html

Crouching, Sliding, & Laying

These are actually really helpful, too. Hard to get the hang of at first… but when you ‘master’ it, it’s an advantage.

First off, how do you use these?

Crouching

When you’re standing press the couch button.

Sliding

Based on which option you have in your settings, you’ll either run and press the button, or run and hold the button.

Laying

While you’re standing hold the crouch button.

You can still shoot while doing these.
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way… here are some tips on how to use them.

So when you’re in front of an enemy you don’t really want to stand still, this makes you an easier target. Move around and make it harder for them to hit you. You could also use the sliding function I told you about earlier.

Run at the enemy and slide, still shooting, turn around, and continue shooting them.

Looks bada** on the killcam- :smirk:

Lay down making it harder to spot and kill you.

Useful in close combat as well, I’ve actually meant to use them but I forget- :joy:

Understanding the Mini-Map

In game, there is a map in the top right corner that you may not quite understand.

Red Dots

The red dots are enemies firing their weapons.

Blue Arrows

These are your teammates.

Yellow Arrow

This is you.

Blue & Red Things-

Red ~ Enemy Scorestreaks

Blue ~ Ally Scorestreaks

By clicking on the map you can see the whole area.

(From the video linked.)

Video that explains better than me lmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHJA1mrwS7w&t=46s&ab_channel=MMGAMING

Websites for more tips:

https://gamerant.com/call-of-duty-mobile-pro-tips-for-the-best-kills/

~

https://www.pocket-lint.com/games/news/activision/149835-call-of-duty-mobile-tips-and-tricks-how-to-play-and-win

~

https://www.gqindia.com/get-smart/content/call-of-duty-mobile-tips-and-tricks-to-excel-at-cod-online-game

Types of Modes

iOS ~ iPhones have Multiplayer and Battle Royale. Sadly, we don’t have zombies yet. :pensive:

Android ~ Android phones have Multiplayer, Battle Royale, and Zombies. (correct me if I’m wrong-)

• COD gives the option to play multiplayer mode and battle royale mode. In multiplayer mode, there are a host of maps that can be chosen, and there are many core modes, which are Frontline, Deathmatch, Domination, Search and Destroy, etc. Practice mode can be played against AI.

• Battle Royale is like Fortnite, if you’ve played that. You drop out of a plane and try to be the last one. Yada yada yada- I don’t play that mode often. You have the option of FPP (First Person Perspective) or TPP (Third Person Perspective).

Ranked matches are just like Multiplayer, but you match with other players who are your level/rank.

Core Modes
  • Frontline: Kill players on the opposing team. You always spawn at your base. The first team to reach the score limit wins! (Score limit is 50 kills)

• Team Deathmatch: Kill players on the opposing team. The first time to reach the score limit wins! You respawn near teammates after each death.

• Domination: Capture and hold objectives to earn points over time. Reach the score limit to win!

• Kill Confirmed: Collect enemy dogtags to score for your team.

• Search & Destroy: For each round, either work together to destroy an objective or stop the enemy from doing the same. No respawns.

• Hardpoint: Capture and hold the Hardpoint to earn points and win.

• Gunfight: Eliminate the enemies or capture the overtime objective to win. Weapon sets change every two rounds and there is no HP recovery.

• Free for all: Everyone for themselves. First player to reach the score limit ends the game. Top 3 players win.

Featured Modes

I believe these come and go, featured game modes have 5 days to play before they’re gone.

Maps

Not all game modes have the same maps.

Also, this was taken from a website lmao.

Crossfire

Crossfire returns from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, with its cramped corridors and wide streets. Expect snipers and LMGs alike to take the initiative here, with excellent sight lines for long-ranged battles between buildings whilst flankers look to put a swift stop to any of that kind of play.

Standoff

Standoff, from Call of Duty: Black Ops II, has been selected for play here in Call of Duty: Mobile. With its dingy streets and back alleys offering an alternative approach from the sniper-friendly buildings, you won’t want to be caught unaware in this small border town in Kyrgyzstan.

Crash

Crash, originally from Modern Warfare, is one of the smaller maps available. An SMG user’s dream, there are a lot of buildings available for use as protection. You’ll be able to run and gun through the corridors, darting in and out of cover whilst avoiding getting ambushed just as easily.

Killhouse

An extra tiny map, Killhouse is based on the tutorial mission in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. For success here, you’ll need to work on those reflexes and learn the hiding spots players love to ensnare you from.

Firing Range

Originally from Call of Duty: Black Ops, Firing Range is a favourite of series fans. There’s a lot of sharp bends and close-quarters combat, but the open space of the firing range does require some precise aim over a decent range, so don’t go picking a shotgun unless you’re ridiculously confident.

Nuketown

An area so popular with fans that it’s been reworked and re-released countless times, Nuketown is back on Call of Duty: Mobile. The iconic simplicity of a nuclear testing ground with a near-symmetrical layout leads to Nuketown matches being some of the most intense in the franchise. Action takes place everywhere, from sniping out of the house windows to running and gunning through the gardens and parked buses.

Takeoff

A medium-sized map originally from the Black Ops series’ DLC, this floating spaceship terminal is well-placed for assault rifle firefights, with its decent amounts of open space in between buildings. You’ll want to grab the high ground and take down your foes from above as they scramble between the sporadic cover available.

Battle Royale map: Isolated

The brand new map for Call of Duty: Mobile takes a lot of cues from the Blackout map. It’s got a whole bunch of locations inspired by iconic Call of Duty maps, including the spaceport Launch from Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2’s eerie Estate. See below a screenshot of the Isolated map - it’ll be exciting to get stuck back into areas inspired by the COD maps we all know and love.

Other Maps not Mentioned (some may not be available yet):

Reclaim
Highrise
Cage
Shipment
Hackney Yard
Shoot House
Gulag
Pine
King
Terminal
Saloon
Tunisia
Coastal
Scrapyard
Summit
Oasis
Hijacked
Raid
Meltdown
Rust
Dome

Skkskskfndksk so yeah- just talk about COD here because I’m a little obsessed with it- :eye::eye:

~ Questions ~

• What level are you?
  • ArE yOu ObSeSsEd?
  • Do you prefer mobile, console, or PC?
  • What game mode(s) do you prefer?

@Gamers is this the right tag- I forget about these lmao

2 Likes

Added Tags :maple_leaf: and moved to #general-chat:gaming :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Not really but I play late at night.[quote=“Jessica.epi, post:1, topic:23794”]
Do you prefer mobile or another platform?
[/quote]

Mobile

My username is Laurenmusic.

1 Like

I tried adding you but you’re not accepting requests

1 Like

I turn that off when I download it but I turn it on later. If you want to musicrock2 is my clan group and amagicpiano has her username in call of duty on mobile and She in my group
Here my code below

I do have other games besides call of duty on mobile on my phone

I am play call of duty on mobile right now but try the invitation code in previous post

I haven’t tried other games that much because most look really boring lmao, but I’ve been looking for some new ones tho

1 Like

The other shooting game I have is https://apps.apple.com/us/app/shadowgun-legends-online-fps/id1091251242

1 Like

I’ll check it out, but we’re getting off topic :joy:

1 Like

Maybe it was just a tiny off topic thing.

1 Like

New theme, map, characters, and featured modes + other improvements/fixes. :eyes:

1 Like

I saw that but I also heard that call of duty warzone is becoming mobile as well

Same. They’ve teased about it too, so maybe sometime in the future

1 Like

Yep. I keep my eye on it.

1 Like

The new event is out. I just got on so idk if it has been and I never knew lmao

I was so confused when I got this- :joy:

1 Like

Nice and when I do the battle royal and then some user quit before the end of game.

By the way call of duty on mobile did the free pride thing in the store

1 Like

Weird, I don’t have that

1 Like

It was free in the store in game. Look at the shopping cart picture. :shopping_cart:

1 Like