Clarifying a Thing or Two

Hi @Announcements

I am very very glad to be back on the Forums.

However, I think I need to clarify a thing or two:

I am still taking a mental health break. After everything that’s happened recently, I feel like I need it. So, I’m really sorry, but I am unable to deal with any issues that might be thrown my way. I understand that I put myself at the top of the hierarchy so you’d have someone to go to if you didn’t like the decisions of other members of staff. However, right now, I wouldn’t be of a whole lot of use to you as I am. I don’t think I’d make the best decisions.

I love you all, but please respect this mental health break. I am here to use the Forums as any other user, as well as to try to help with traffic and have fun coming up with ideas to make the Forums great. I am thinking of blog posts and doing a whole lot of stuff on the back end (including paying for this place). However, I am not up for any of the extra stress that dealing with issues will bring to me.

I am currently getting counselling and on antidepressants. I am in the process of completely overhauling my diet, sleeping and exercise patterns – not just to lose weight, but because I was deficient in some vital vitamins and I need the extra exercise to help me to clear my head. In addition, I am working and studying. Adding the mental stress of Forums drama onto my plate will probably put me in a very bad position.

I hope you understand!

Shannii

25 Likes

don’t worry!! i totally understand and support you <3

5 Likes

I just feel like it’s really overwhelming to just come back and suddenly have a barrage of lengthy DMs about how this person did something you don’t like with receipts. It’s like some people were like “Oh good Shannii is back. Let’s complain to her”

7 Likes

I wish people would complain to me instead :sob:
Hint hint cough coughhhhhh
(I understand people going to who they are comfortable with but we have over 20 staff members who can help deal with complaints guys) :blush:

8 Likes

It kinda feels like mum came home from work and all the kids are tripping over themselves to run to the door and snitch on what their siblings did

5 Likes

Thanks El! You always got my back :heart:

Basically “ask your other mum”, I sigh as I slump into my seat.

7 Likes

I totally understand what you are going through on the mental stress part. Let me know if you need to talk. I’m glad you are getting through everything an that you are back.

3 Likes

Yesss, you deserve it!!!
I completely understand, I’m sure plenty of other people do too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Shanni welcome back! :smiley:
Can I give you something to laugh at?

@CrazyCaliope can be my reference
Oh and @Ouijaloveletters and @elixr :relieved:

4 Likes

What?

2 Likes

You know what I would complain about and it’s not exactly a forum issue :sweat_smile:

1 Like

6 Likes

I would trip on them to give you a hug hand not complain about anything that has to do with you :relieved:

2 Likes

Wha-what have you done?!

2 Likes

I did discobot as well
OKAY WE ARE MOVING OFF TOPIC. MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE yeets u somewhere else

2 Likes

lands in rosebush The thorns broke my fall! Ow.

2 Likes

I mean I’d say hi and give you a big hug. hugs

2 Likes

hugadoodle

2 Likes

hugadoodle

That reminds me, I have to finish that reply in our PM Bexie…

2 Likes

Uhhhh
:flushed: runs

2 Likes