Coding School - Applications for the Internet

So here is the link to the code :smile: I’m going to bed right now so goodnight everyone! :heart:
https://github.com/Rebecca2002/coding-school

4 Likes

So I kinda gave up on the image part of the assignment. My HTML skills are not as sharp as I thought they were. I’ll just share what I have so far and I kinda hope it’s decent.

Beware it is incomplete!

3 Likes

Wow, yours is so good!

@fraud how do I add my work to Github?

3 Likes

They usually run on windows right? Search on “notepad” in the searchbar that will come up when you click on the windows icon in the left bottom corner and you’ll find it

Thanks and good night! I’ll probably take a look at it tomorrow evening

Aw, I’m sure it’s better than you think it is! I’ll take a look at it tomorrow

2 Likes

You create a new repository and I think you can choose to upload a file from your desktop :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, should we write a real heading and paragraph?

3 Likes

Yeah! Or you can put whatever you would like in them as long as there is something :dizzy:

2 Likes

Okay how do we add background image?

Sorry I’m asking so many questions :joy:

3 Likes

I need an answer for this too! I keep messing up the code and I can’t figure out why

3 Likes

I can help!

3 Likes
body {
 background-image: url("paper.gif");
}

This will use path tracing to find the paper.gif file (in this case, it should be in the same folder as the css+html) and will set it as the background image for the body

3 Likes

You see I tried this code but it didn’t work. I don’t know if it’s the URL I used or I put it in the wrong place

3 Likes

Maybe it’s the path to the image that is wrong. If they’re in the same folder the simple path would work. Only the image name and the .png or whatever. Else you would have to put the full or longer path of the image

3 Likes

Okay. I’ll check it out again in the morning

3 Likes

Okie, good night! :crescent_moon:

3 Likes

Where in my code do I put this?

3 Likes

You put that in your CSS file!

3 Likes

@fraud ~ we should have a group tag so we can easily tag everyone who’s interested

Also, everyone, I briefly talked about this with fraud, but would you be interested in fraud, I, and possibly @Yomama hang out in the discord voice chat to do a kind of office hours for the course once or twice a week? You could hang out to avoid getting distracted, or just know when we’re definitely available to answer questions

3 Likes

Yeah! I can apply for one. But what should we call it?

2 Likes

uhhh coders? idk…

2 Likes