Discussion: Can you choose family?

It is none of their business if you choose not to be religious! It is your life - your business.

1 Like

You are ex-Muslim, right? (If I remember correctly)

1 Like

Exactly.

I don’t like how misogynistic my mum’s friend’s sons are. They always bitch about what I wear and what I do, saying that Asian women shouldn’t be wearing western clothing and have a thing for white men.

1 Like

Yes. Every time I defend a non-Muslim, I get called a kafir.

1 Like

Well, my mother is pretty religious and when I decided to wear trousers, she didn’t like the idea of me not wearing skirts and she thought kindda negatively about the girls who wear trousers, but when she has a one on her home, she changed her mind :relieved::smirk: (She knows very well that I am a person who does what she wants, as long as it doesn’t harm anyone). With time, she learnt that as long as I have a good heart, it shouldn’t be matter what I wear (and of course I have my own red lines).

1 Like

My point is - as long as you know what you are doing and it doesn’t harm anyone nor should it harm anyone, it shouldn’t be matter what you are wearing.
And as long as you stay a good person who knows what she’s doing and what she wants, no one should mind about what choices you make - especially when it comes to your dressing :roll_eyes::expressionless::unamused:

1 Like

Exactly.

I do have a problem if they make 5 year olds wear very revealing clothes yet make a huge deal if a 25 year old woman wears a tank top with skinny jeans.

1 Like

How funny and doesn’t make any sense :unamused::roll_eyes:

Oof. Sounds like she needs an iRenew bracelet…

But no, you can’t choose your family.

Tell me about it! Seriously, they’re letting paedophiles win by letting their children wear really skimpy clothing but victim blame a 25 year old if she gets sexually harrassed or rape. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Oh, my. Humans - I sometimes just can’t understand what’s going through people in the head of theirs :woman_facepalming:t4::expressionless::unamused:

1 Like

I know right! These kids should be taken away from these kind of parents.

1 Like

Yeah. In order to protect them.

1 Like

Honestly, I have relatives who do s**t like this and it fcking makes me angry that I have to go in on these idiots! Trust me, I go too far that I have to burn the skimpy clothing they let their kids wear. Guess that will teach them a lesson!

1 Like

Oh, I am so sorry :frowning:. They don’t deserve it :pensive:

1 Like

I’m done with people tbh, if they see me as a threat then why do they keep visiting me?

1 Like

personally, i think no. i think, like @/ShanniiWrites said, you can choose how much they’re in your life. hell, you could cut them off. BUT i also believe people who genuinely care for you and will be loyal could be considered your family.

Wish you could…

1 Like

By blood and DNA there’s no way you can change who you are related to. But that does not mean you have to interact with them, it takes far more than blood or DNA or any biological factor to be considered as real family. I have relatives I never see and that’s all they are to me, people I’m related to, not family.

3 Likes

Friends are like family you can choose!

Or, I had this bedspread from Next when I was a kid that had a little typo on it. I love the quote though.

“Friends are flowens that last forever”

3 Likes