Discussion: Food Delivery Service

Think of things like Uber Eats or Just Eat or whatever food delivery service is available to you in your country that go to different places in order to pick up the food you ordered.

It doesn’t even need to be fast food, think of the companies that deliver groceries too.

In terms of Just Eat, their delivery fee’s are actually kinda expensive. But I do know some food delivery services made their delivery free over lockdown.

@Foodies have you ever used one of these services? What did you think?

2 Likes

I don’t really order food and when I do I just order pizza directly from the place but it’s nice to have such services, I guess

1 Like

I don’t either, not even pizza.

We’ve got Uber Eats, Rappi, and DiDi here. I order from these apps whenever I don’t have time to cook or don’t have any food in the house.

Pros: It’s easy… you just open the app, search for the food you want to order, and you can pay with your credit/debit card or cash, so it’s really convenient. The food arrives directly to your house.
Cons: You can’t really customize your order like you can when ordering in person, and sometimes the food can arrive kind of soggy or messy if it isn’t packaged well.

I think there are a lot more food delivery services in the US than what we have here, from what I’ve heard. Can anyone confirm?