Discussion: Rubik's Cubes

Hi, y’all. Here we can discuss about the infamous Rubik’s (or Rubix) cubes :star_struck:

For those of you who dunno what I am talking about, fear not :grinning:

Face Reveal

We all must have come across a Rubix cube at some point in our life, right? The Rubik’s Cube is a 3-D combination puzzle invented in 1974 by Hungarian sculptor and professor of architecture Ernő Rubik (source: Wikipedia).

• Have you ever solved a Rubik’s cube successfully?
  • Was it hard to solve it?
  • How many Rubik’s cubes do you have?
  • Are there any tricks or algorithms you would like to share to solve it?
  • Do you think Rubik’s cubes should be introduced in educational institutes for Math or Architecture to help in brain development in students? Will it work?
3 Likes

No i gave up after spending some time on it smh

I HAVE NEVER SOLVED IT- but i feel lkke yeah it is-

None tho i think i used to have one before

:grinning:
I dont even know-

2 Likes

I solve one face then go to other and then solve it then go back to see that my first face got distorted again. All Efforts lost sm

2 Likes

SO RELATABLE :grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Yes :nerd_face::nerd_face:

Nah, just google the algorithms

Like 12

I would, but I haven’t solved one since middle school

Ehhh, I mean it mostly relies on muscle memory but I guess it could be helpful in some situations

2 Likes

:grinning:
so many rich people smh

2 Likes

There is some kind of technique to easily solve it, but I’m too lazy to look it up :eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

RICHN’T

1 Like

There are some people who can solve it in just 6 seconds-

1 Like

True. The fastest recorded time ever was 3.47 seconds :eyes:

1 Like

Have you ever solved a Rubik’s cube successfully?

Yes I have

Was it hard to solve it?

No, I learned an algorithm for it and it was easy, just took time to remember certain moves.

How many Rubik’s cubes do you have?

I have 2 right now but I’m gonna buy a 4 by 4 and 5 by 5 and a speed cube to learn more and become faster.

Are there any tricks or algorithms you would like to share to solve it?

I think there is a beginner algorithm you can look up that starts with a cross of whatever side color you start on, and you solve through the 3 layers if it’s a 3 by 3.

Do you think Rubik’s cubes should be introduced in educational institutes for Math or Architecture to help in brain development in students? Will it work?

I would think if we added it into education it would only help the concept of dimensions and configuration which I’m sure is handy in some career.

1 Like

The friend that I learned from can solve it with his eyes closed in less than a minute. With both a 3x3 and 4x4.

1 Like

Ive never been able to solve one.

None.

I still can’t figure out how to solve it, but someone I know had a very specific pattern and could solve a 3x3 in probably a minute or less. He tried to show me once, but I still don’t understand how he did.

I’m not certain, but I could see it being beneficial

1 Like