Do you like Episode music?

So, this is a bit of an unpopular opinion because most people listen to their own music while reading stories on Episode. I, for the life of me, cannot understand that! How do you know what song to pick to fit the scene??

I think that music sets the scene, and I always include it in my stories. Sometimes, I have particular songs or sounds for certain types of scenes or moments.

I personally like some of the Episode music, though not all.
Some of my favorites are:
happy_rap
spacey_somber
aggropop
everydaygroove
carefreegroove
tickingbeat

I don’t like:
northphillystrings — It’s too depressing
emoguitar — Same reason; besides, it reminds me of a scene in a story that I didn’t particularly like (the scene, not the story)
islandvibes---- it’s kind of cheesy

And others.
What about the rest of you? @Episodians

11 Likes

O god yeah Northphilly is what a lot of authors use for what I call “running music”

2 Likes

See I pick my own music to listen to because I’ve heard all of the songs way too much, and I just don’t like how they sound

3 Likes

Not really. I’d rather listen to my own music while playing the stories. And if I was writing one, I personally would not add any music or sound effects at all.

1 Like

Tbh that’s why I don’t use music a whole lot in my own episode stories lol (even tho I haven’t published anything in years). One thing I’ve been doing recently is to attempt to have it play at a softer volume.

3 Likes

I actually don’t mind them. I usually listen to my own music, though.

2 Likes

I actually like the music tho. I don’t like it when music is constantly playing, but with that I just don’t listen to it and im fine.

1 Like

I love episode music :heart:

most of the dramatic ones. Like morosebellpiano, sparseandcreepy, tensebeat_lp, spooky, melancholy, pianoprogression

2 Likes

I don’t, I usually play my own music over it

1 Like

I used to dislike them and find them weird, but they grew on me so now I love them

1 Like

I actually like listening to Episode music. The music and sound effects make the story more immersive. I only listen to my own music when the story doesn’t use any sound at all. I usually use the author’s spotify playlist when they have no sounds for their story.

3 Likes

I do, but some of the sad songs make me laugh :sweat:

1 Like

I like the organ_groove, pleasant pulse, music_808full_loop, club (the original) and keys vamp (that music piece is underrated)

:joy::joy: