Do you like writing for school?

A lot of schools require students to write for schoolwork. I personally really don’t like writing for school, whether stories or more academic writing. Being forced to write takes all of my enjoyment out of it, which is also why I would never be good at writing professionally. Writing to fit a rubric also just bothers me, so I really don’t like writing for school. It just feels forced and I’m miserable the entire time.

@Writers ~ what do you think?

13 Likes

It’s alright, I don’t like it too much but there are worse type of assignments xD

3 Likes

Hate it. I like letting my imagination free, not be forced to write a bunch of essays

4 Likes

I loved creative writing in school

4 Likes

exactly

I might enjoy a creative writing dedicated class, but I haven’t enjoyed what I’ve had to do so far in normal english courses :pleading_face:

programs

4 Likes

Awww, that’s sad

3 Likes

Nah, more like having to remember stuff :joy:

2 Likes

i’m already bad at writing, but when i’m forced to write, i literally can’t do it. i just can’t. it makes me very miserable.

2 Likes

How is that an assignment? :eyes: I just hate programming because they’re always vague and kinda unpredictable (although that’s really a teacher thing)

1 Like

That sucks! :pleading_face:

1 Like

Oh, me and English :rofl:

Haha, which reminds me that I should hurry up. ~~Should they choose the location and job in the form? And how do they choose the locations (area or specific named thing we got)?

2 Likes

I am literally fine with any sort of assignments in school, but NOT writing. I just hate essays :joy:
The longer the number of words I have to write, the more miserable I get :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This.

3 Likes

We had a writing assessment and the teacher said it’ll be free choice, then the btch comes in the next day and said it has to be about a freaking Box. I had already planned a story and then she ruined the whole thing. Nobody likes that teacher, she is a 2 faced btch and always changes her mood and it gets annoying.

2 Likes

a box? wtf.

1 Like

IKR, the class was so p*ssed at her, so we made the stories as boring as possible

2 Likes

I love writing for school. I understand why others don’t but I have creative freedom as I’m the co-head of the school paper. So research papers, creative writing and things like that was always fun even if I did have a word limit.

2 Likes

Our teachers write our school newsletter

1 Like

I specifically love writing for assignments, especially essays about reflections and opinions. I like sharing my opinions, so I don’t really feel forced about it though I feel forced in Math haha xD I’m also the EIC of our school papers, so I kind of grew from that :3

1 Like

Oof. We write everything for school but then they review and professionals tweak it. The only thing we don’t write is school rules, code of conduct or any external invitations to ministers, artists and people high up. Sometimes we tell the school what we can’t write and they handle it themselves,like our newsletter. The school newspaper is for students only to catch up with everything that’s happening or has happened in school and all the new things.

2 Likes