Do you mind it when artists put their signature onto the art they've made for you?

So, I’ve gotten back into drawing lately and I don’t know why, but I always feel weird when I sign my work, because it feels like I’m “ruining” the drawing by adding it and that it could bother the person I made it for. But on the other hand, I also want to avoid peolle possibly stealing my art, so I usually still add my signature if I don’t forget it.
But I’ve heard that some people don’t like it when an artist puts their signature onto something they’ve made for someone, so idk if I should stop putting my signature onto stuff I created for other people… :eyes::sparkles:

So what do you think? Should I add my signature to drawings I create for others?
Do you mind when an artist adds their signature to a drawing they’ve made for you? :eyes::sparkles:

7 Likes

I mean, if you always do it, I’m not one to stop you.

1 Like

Yes, if you want to! It represents you, the artist, made the drawing

No, and I don’t really understand why anyone would mind. It’s also a copyright precaution in case someone tries to steal another’s work

2 Likes

It’s an important copyright protection and I don’t think that its usually super noticeable, so i think that its a good idea to put it on your art

3 Likes

I mean I do not care! As long as it is not blocking any important stuff(like the face)

And I think it is cool for promoting your art💖

1 Like

You should just read my instagram bio. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Lmao that’s exactly how i feel. When I make traditional art pieces that i just wanna hang on a wall i rarely put my signature bc it just feels weird, when im gifting a traditional art piece i sign depending who im giving it to, for traditional commissions i never know what to do but I usually put at least a small signature!
But on digital art always. My signature is my surname which probs isn’t even all that readable. :cucumber::cucumber::cucumber::ice_cube:

5 Likes

No not at all. put your watermark on, I do it myself, its a normal thing to do, people do it even on commission work. personally, I never had a complaint about it.

but then again if they complain over the free art I did for them, I would tell them they arent allowed to use it anymore.

I wouldn’t care. You made the art for me and I’m thankful.

You do what you have to do to promote your work.