Do you sometimes feel uncomfortable with promoting your story?

If it’s a ‘promote your story’ thread or section, I don’t, but sometimes I doubt whether or not to promote it when someone mentions a specific aspect of stories in a thread that I know my story has but I’m not sure if it’s the right moment to drop my story title and link.

I also doubt HOW to promote it, because I’m really bad at finding the right words and phrases to make it sound exciting.

What about everyone else?

5 Likes

I hate promoting my story so I never do. I promoted it once, couldn’t stop cringing at myself and promised to never do it again lol

2 Likes

I promote it but always say the same things. So no. Not really.

I just say;

Authors: @/eliseclairmont and myself.
Author name on the Episode app: Élise and Danielle
Title: QUEER: The One!
Cover:

Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4558247446773760
Description: Follow Detective Hudson who has spent their life trying to put their family’s tragic history behind them until a new serial killer threatens to uncover the past. M/F MC, 4 LI, CM
Genre: Mystery
CC: Limited
Choices matter and there are multiple points systems!

1 Like

Yeah… It’s like “Here read my story”… I don’t know, it feels a bit weird. Like I’m begging for other people’s time when they could spend it one something better. My story might not even be that good :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I feel super uncomfortable when I promote my story and always worry about being too annoying with my promoting :sweat_smile: But at the same time, I know I kind of have to promote it because otherwise it would be very difficult for people to find it, but it’s still a bit weird to promote it all the time :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I always hate promoting stories I’ve written

1 Like

Yeah, partly because I’m uncertain if my stories are good enough to be read by others :joy: Then I hate to ask for others to take their time to read my story when there are so many other better things to do in this world. :sweat_smile: I also don’t want to shove it on others, because I don’t want to be annoying.

1 Like

Part of me doesn’t want to bug people but most of me just wants to get my story out there. I don’t promote my stories alot if at all but if someone asks I’ll tell and I’ll probably add it to my thread and tag people interested :joy:

1 Like