Do you sometimes feel uncomfortable with promoting your story?

If it’s a ‘promote your story’ thread or section, I don’t, but sometimes I doubt whether or not to promote it when someone mentions a specific aspect of stories in a thread that I know my story has but I’m not sure if it’s the right moment to drop my story title and link.

I also doubt HOW to promote it, because I’m really bad at finding the right words and phrases to make it sound exciting.

What about everyone else?

5 Likes

I hate promoting my story so I never do. I promoted it once, couldn’t stop cringing at myself and promised to never do it again lol

2 Likes

I promote it but always say the same things. So no. Not really.

I just say;

Authors: @/eliseclairmont and myself.
Author name on the Episode app: Élise and Danielle
Title: QUEER: The One!
Cover:

Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4558247446773760
Description: Follow Detective Hudson who has spent their life trying to put their family’s tragic history behind them until a new serial killer threatens to uncover the past. M/F MC, 4 LI, CM
Genre: Mystery
CC: Limited
Choices matter and there are multiple points systems!

1 Like

Yeah… It’s like “Here read my story”… I don’t know, it feels a bit weird. Like I’m begging for other people’s time when they could spend it one something better. My story might not even be that good :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I feel super uncomfortable when I promote my story and always worry about being too annoying with my promoting :sweat_smile: But at the same time, I know I kind of have to promote it because otherwise it would be very difficult for people to find it, but it’s still a bit weird to promote it all the time :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I always hate promoting stories I’ve written

1 Like

Yeah, partly because I’m uncertain if my stories are good enough to be read by others :joy: Then I hate to ask for others to take their time to read my story when there are so many other better things to do in this world. :sweat_smile: I also don’t want to shove it on others, because I don’t want to be annoying.

1 Like

Part of me doesn’t want to bug people but most of me just wants to get my story out there. I don’t promote my stories alot if at all but if someone asks I’ll tell and I’ll probably add it to my thread and tag people interested :joy:

1 Like

Yikes, for the fist time when I wanted to promote my story and I was so nervous and after promoting, I was cringing and colds sweating at the same time.
Even seeing people post screenshots of my story and telling me they loved it made me reply with an awkward “thank you”. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I only usually promote to my close friends though I also get nervous and uncomfortable promoting it to them. Because like what if they don´t like it? What if the dialogue was cringy? What if they hate the main character?

:leaves: Added some tags :leaves:

Well, I don’t even promote my story, so-

1 Like

You don’t?

Why? Now I want to read em

1 Like

Nope!
It’s… uh bad
And I never published it sooo
It’s on my notepad haha

1 Like

LIES!!!

Thank your for getting my hopes on sm :angry:

1 Like

NO :rage:

lmao
but it only has 1 chapter hehe
unmotivashun go brr

1 Like

YES! It’s good

Me when I’m thinking about writing another episode story, when I have to finish my wattpad one that I might publish irl someday, and my other episode stories that are also 1 chapter. I procrastinate a lot sm and I’m unmotivated.

1 Like

No no shameless self promotion is my.life

HURRY UP AND CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO MY NEW BOOK VVVVV

LINK FOR FREE V-BUCKS IF YOU READ THIS STORY

This is a joke. I do feel uneasy sometimes xD mostly cause I don’t like bothering others and cause I don’t want their hopes up for a good book xD