Do you speak to others on the forums the way you do irl?

So basically it’s sort of like @anon80318563’s thread about how you write in fiction but I was curious about how it goes when you’re texting people online compared to how you would speak to them irl.

@Discussions is there a difference between the way you talk to people on the forums and how you talk to poeple irl?

For me, the only difference is how much I say to others. And I tend to say much less due to the fact everyone irl talks about things that are so boring and to make matters worse, it’s all just small talk and I’m socially awkward.

8 Likes

Nahhh im usually really quite irl like that one shy kid ok :point_left::point_right::point_left::point_right::point_left::point_right::point_left:
But HEREE I TALK IN CAPSS AND AM EXTROVERTISM KINDA SM

2 Likes

Lol I’m introverted here and irl. But the difference is how much I say about something and the fact I can actaully avoid small talk on the forums. :eyes:

2 Likes

No, I’m like introvert God and rarely speak or make a noise irl :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I don’t talk a lot irl, mainly because I’m really shy and can’t even open my mouth

But here I talk a lot more and I can say almost anything I want :star_struck::man_dancing:

2 Likes

Yup. Except I’m louder and more spastic/excitable in real life.

4 Likes

Kinda it’s complicated :smile:

1 Like

Hmmm, my personality is almost the same in the forums and in real life, but I’m better at explaining my thoughts, ideas, and feelings in real life because I speak better in my native language.

I won’t say that I have terrible humor on the internet, but my humor in real life isn’t that funny because it’s dry af :joy:. I guess I’m more serious in real life, but I still know how laugh out loud and pull out jokes.

I’m also introverted and I’m usually quiet at home and socially awkward on social settings, but I can be REALLY talkative around people I’m comfortable with. Once that happens, it’s difficult for me to shut up.

3 Likes

Certain personality traits are way more dominant on the forums and some interacting with people in person :thinking:

I tend to be calmer generally online and a fair bit less random

Nope

1 Like

I mean I don’t talk-

But if I were to talk then yes
I like making my posts similar to the things I would say irl makes me feel :sparkles:authentic​:sparkles:

1 Like

Not really, I don’t speak to people in real life at all :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Same lol.

1 Like

Irl I’m a introvert, but I’m a extrovert here.

1 Like

Also, added some tags! :innocent:

1 Like

I don’t speak to others in real life. Honestly in real life, I am a person whom it is easier to hurt. But on here, it doesn’t hurt me as much. I also talk a lot more on here than in real life.

I think I talk similarly to how I type :thinking: I don’t know for sure, but those I’ve vced with can confirm

2 Likes

Nope.

1 Like

Somewhat. I don’t even know

1 Like

I speak irl like “uh…uhm…eeeee…”
so no lmao

1 Like