Do you think that sex education should be mandatory in schools?

Do you think that sex education should be mandatory in schools? I would think so, because then children can be warned of the dangers of unprotected sex and the anatomy of the male and female reproductive system.

2 Likes

Yeah… all the students should know about this stuff
Tbh, I don’t know why some insane parents don’t want their kids to know about sex.
Like bruh, why?

3 Likes

Yes, it should be!

I wouldn’t know I didn’t have sex ed💃🏽

wait-
seriously-

1 Like

Yup

1 Like

@Discussions

you didnt learn it in bio?

1 Like

I didn’t take bio it was a choice major

1 Like

I know all these things I just didn’t learn them in school

We never had it in school…

1 Like

Yes, it absolutely should be mandatory. There are too many teens getting knocked up. I was lucky, my parents taught us all about contraception (and this was in the 70s!), but a lot of parents don’t, unfortunately. Especially those who believe that abstinence only teaching is the way to go. It isn’t.

1 Like

Because they believe that if they say “thou shalt not do it”, then their offspring won’t.

1 Like

Are you older? Or from the Bible Belt? We got ours in grade 8 ('77 or so) and it was in the form of separating the boys and girls and showing us films on anatomy and how to prevent pregnancy. Then, in grade 11, our home ec teacher went through the forms of birth control - it wasn’t part of the curriculum, but she was finding that every year, she had a student of that age get pregnant.

I was lucky, it was taught at home - my step mother was a nurse and was comfortable talking about birth control, periods etc. I had a friend whose mother would sneer at her once a month and say “are you pregnant yet?” I left at 17, but I heard she did end up a single mother in high school.

1 Like

I’m 20

Wow. That’s awful that you did not get it in school.

1 Like

YES. kids need to be educated bcos similar to abortions, the rate of them happening isnt gonna go down just the amount of legal/professional ones. If kids don’t know enough about the potential effects of sex then it’ll just make a messier environment than it could have been bcos face it sex is gonna happen no matter what adults say.

1 Like

i do think that sex ed should be mandatory. it would get transphobic at my school though :clown_face:

The problem is that too many parents are not educating their children on it (Mine did, but my stepmother was a nurse so that influenced her) and too many are just saying “don’t do it”, which, to a teen, is an invitation to “do it”.

1 Like

Reverse Psychology.

1 Like