Episode Releases Discussion: Girl in a Boyband

Sorry for stealing your title series without asking @WritingWithStars

This is a featured story that was released sometime vaguely recently.

Title: Girl in a Boyband
Author: Sandra Gustafsson
Genre: Romance
Description: After getting kicked out of your band, you decide to join a new one! They have ONE rule: no romance within the band. Can you keep your feelings at bay or will you fall hard?

For starters, this is a drama story so I will have to assume no those feelings will not be kept at bay. This one also surprised me because it has 12 episodes, rather than the 8 they kept doing.

The book seems to start with your ex-boyfriend kicking you out of the band you started to replace you with his new girlfriend. They both seem like fairly stereotypical characters. She falls in love at first sight with the singer of a band she sees at a club right after she gets kicked out of the band. Of course, this stranger is also a reputed heartbreaker. The dialogue was also unrealistic, which really sells the quality of the story.

What do you think of the premise?
Have you read it?
What do you think of it?

2 Likes

It sounds extreme cliche, I wouldn’t read it

Nope

I think it’s yet another story about breaking up with your boyfriend because he loves another girl (usually a one dimensional rival for the MC), finding another guy and instantly falling in love :star_struck: if that’s not the dumbest plot ever, I don’t know what is.

2 Likes

yeah, they’re always so ridiculous

1 Like

Oh no go ahead!
I want to keep it alive lol.

2 Likes

I’m gonna read this later but since you now that it was written by SG you know it’s gonna be bad lol. She’s their default writer for like their terrible stories.

2 Likes

Not my interest really. I prefer the BoyZone story more since it was actually pretty interesting.

No, but I have seen it in the app.

Seems more cheesy then actually good to me.

1 Like

Are these the same story (just featured or not) or is it a similar story?

I also get that sense :eyes:

1 Like

I’m not totally sure. Let me check the app real quick.

1 Like

@passionfruit I literally just remembered the one detail that definitely makes them different. The BoyZone one is based on a female main character who goes under the guise of guy to join the band she has dreamed of being part of. Though she starts to have feelings for a certain band member in the group. I liked it for the fact that it was a change your gender to get into something story. I found it after MY Story app took away the school version that I liked from their app. That type of genre always piques my interest.

1 Like