@everyone option

So, I’ve been thinking lately. I have been wanting this option for so long…

Basically I was thinking maybe that we could get an @everyone option like on Discord and it’s servers. I think it would be nice for having the option on at least PM’s that are groupchats. On threads, that would be nice too, like if it were to automatically make a group tag of everyone who replies to the thread. If it were to need bumping or more discussion from the previous commenters, the author of the thread could @everyone in a post to notify them and possibly revive it? Just a thought?? Mostly just wanting the @everyone option for PM’s with multiple users, I just used the threads as an example.

@Discussions

8 Likes

Basically we just use the discussions tag when bumping threads!

The announcement tag is a @ everyone tag really! It’s for important announcements only which is why only mods can use it but I’m pretty sure users can use the discussion tag if they join it so I encourage you to use that one!

Also if you have a friend group or cult which you want to make a group tag for then you can just go to this thread where there is a form for you to do so :grin:

2 Likes

This is an interesting idea, but I don’t think we can add that functionality for automatically making a group tag for everyone who replies to the thread. At the moment, the easiest thing you can do to tag everyone in a group chat is to make a tag for that group and use that to tag everyone.

I also don’t think that tagging people who have previously commented on the thread would be particularly effective, because new opinions are always useful :thinking:

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t think discourse would have a thing which automatically generates a tag of people who replies to threads and of course we are limited by discourse

1 Like

I figured as much when I created this… but it would be a really smart option, personally.

2 Likes

Considering the amount of threads we have on the forum I’m not so sure about that :sweat_smile: that would generate alot of tags which would become useless once the thread closes.

1 Like

I’m speaking on having that option in a GC.

2 Likes

Yeah think of the amount of GC’s there are on the forum
That would just generate alot of tags
I provided a link to a thread with a form for if you have a group you want to request a tag for

1 Like

Uh-

I was not requesting to put it under the public forum tag. I was referring to maybe however possible having a new system added that will create private tags for each individual PM that doesn’t disturb another. I see what you mean though. And I do understand that Discourse is out of your hands as it’s the system Shannii is paying for to use. Lol but it’s a request that I’ll maybe bring to Discourse itself. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That makes sense, I get that :joy: I do think taking it up with discourse is the way to go with that

2 Likes

I think that would be a good idea but just think of the spam :tired_face:

That’s probably a little annoying, yes, but the option works and is still on Discord lol. Every system can get annoying even if it serves a useful purpose. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could there be a option to have a separate Noli slot for this tag? :thinking:
Maybe to reduce lag?

Noli slot?

1 Like

I use it as a slang for notification :relieved:

I mean you can also always just use the discussions tag in a PM, as a whole lot of people are in that tag and it’ll tag everyone in the group in the PM

3 Likes

Good shout from a Passie

1 Like

There is @/announcements tagg

The heads have had this discussion before and we don’t want to have anything that forces users to join. It’s unfair. We don’t want to notify everyone, it is their choice to join the tags or not.

1 Like

I’m referring to group PMs. But okay. :slight_smile: And even then…yeah.

1 Like