Fairy Tales Contest Discussion

Hey y’all! It’s me, your local music addict, aka Choco. As you know, there’s a new Fairy Tales Contest from Episode. I created this thread for the participants (and non-participants!) to talk about their stories, give out ideas, ask for help, and have fun.

So, let’s put our thinking writing caps on and get to work! (And planning, of course.)

@Episodians

6 Likes

I’m so glad you made this thread! I am planning to write a story based on The Emperor’s New Clothes and I was really curious as to what fairy/folk tales others were basing their stories on :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m writing a story based on The Nightingale.

2 Likes

I’ve seen others with Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, Swan Lake, Rumpelstiltskin, and Snow White.

2 Likes

Awesome!

I’m writing a story based on Snow White but in a more modern setting. This adaptation, it’s a tale of revenge.

How did I not think of this one? I’ve always wanted to create a story about a doppelganger!

1 Like

Nice!! Time to kick some butt! XD

1 Like

Snow White in this version will be much less of a damsel. I enjoy writing villains so you’ll love the Evil Queen and the Huntsman. And yes, the dwarfs will be a part of this adaptation too, all 7 of them. You’ll like them too. Prince Charming… no details. Yet.

I’ll also add that it’s based around a hotel!

1 Like

Prince Charming, will probably be a bait to the Queen and the Huntsman, like their using him for their evil stuff, or just let him side with Snow White, or let him help Snow White to take them down, like the Prince did bad things but he wanted to make things right by helpin her out. :thinking:

1 Like

added tags

2 Likes

Well, Prince Charming isn’t even a prince, she’s a news reporter who has a past with the Evil Queen. She will definitely side with Snow White after hearing her story.

Thank you. Why couldn’t I add them?

2 Likes

oooooo sounds nice!

1 Like

And the dwarfs are friends/neighbors of Prince Charming.

1 Like

I like it!

1 Like

Me too! But I’m having a bit of trouble starting off the first scene after my intro. I don’t know what it should be…

1 Like

What is the very first line of your plot.

1 Like

What do you mean?

1 Like

When you have your plot, your story can start at the very first line of your plot. What is your plot?

1 Like

Ooh well they removed the ability to add tags for everyone except staff members unfortunately :((

4 Likes

My plot?

It’s about… 2 women in one family. Contessa (I haven’t found a good last name for her yet) is the stepmother of Blanche (I don’t have her surname yet either lol). Blanche is the heiress to the Elysium Hotel in Las Vegas and is favored by her father. This makes Contessa jealous and hateful of her, especially because Blanche reminds her of her (Blanche’s) mother, the ex-wife of the Chairman. She also wants the hotel as well, so seeing Daniel dote on Blanche only fuels her ambition. Eventually, Contessa’s evil tendencies take over and she ends up getting rid of both Blanche and the Chairman to become the new Chairwoman of Elysium. A mysterious woman saves Blanche and with the help of her new friends, gains the power to fight against Contessa and take back what’s rightfully hers.

1 Like

Aww. If I may ask, why?

3 Likes