Fairytaled : The Return of the Legend | Official Sign-Ups

oui, I did. ‘Their’ reserve, ani-

3 Likes

:sob: their their their their their d-mnit, imma do better next time, promise.

3 Likes

Yes, I understand this, but I don’t how else to put it. :sweat_smile:
Thanks for approving!

2 Likes

I also love how High Intellect is a super power :muscle:
I got a super power guys!!

Hehe, me too :nerd_face:

Oh this will be fun.

3 Likes

Who do you want a sibling for?

3 Likes

Name || Haneul Iseul Jae-Hwa

Age || 17

Gender || Female

Daughter of || A Dokkaebi

Sexuality || Demisexual

Personality || Hanuel Iseul Jae-Hwa was a Dokkaebi in every aspect of the word when she was a child. Tricky, playful and caring she always knew how to have a good time. Now Hanuel is still a Dokkaebi but she’s lost her playful spirit. She’s brash, honest, snarky and rude. She couldn’t care less about enjoying time with others and would rather cause mischief for her own amusement and his a loner. She doesn’t speak, nor use sign-language, and being deaf it’s become pretty easy to ignore people. She’s very smart, perceptive and easily able to understand people and she’s a hard-worker when she wants to be. She’s a lazy person and only wants to do things on her terms which prevents her from getting far or completeing things. She knows how to crack a joke although most of hers are dark or sarcastic and has no qualms invading people’s personal space. Like most Dokkaebi, she’s a natural temptress and manipulator and will do whatever it takes to get what she wants, whether it’s a night of fun or something material. It’s nothing personal to her. She’s proud about herself and her talents but not about her looks, in fact she likes to ignore them.

She doesn’t take other’s feelings into account and can come off as very rude to other people because of that. She has trust issues, and finds it very hard to believe people no matter what they say. She’s a natural actor, can lie easily and can cry passionately at the drop of a hat. She’s known ton gain people’s trust then somehow breaking it into shards. She doesn’t believe in second chances and it’s one and done with her, she’s extremely hypocritical and sees things in black and white. She can be kind and compassionate but that’s a tiny part of her people rarely see and she’ll barely ever show it unless to gain something. She’s materialstic and ambitous in her own way. She hates cleaning or organizing things and is often a chaotic mess, but knows where to find everything so perhaps at the same time, an organized chaotic mess. She’s empathetic but won’t show it and sympathy is something she lost a long time ago. She does put effort into schoolwork and is intelligent so tricking her isn’t something you can get away with.

Bio || Haneul “Hanna” Iseul Jae-Hwa , was born to a Dokkaebi and a lady they had a fun night up with but ended up dying in childbirth. The Dokkabi decided to take in his daughter, and although she wasn’t fully Korean as her mother was a mixed ethnic race, he gave her full Korean name. Ever since she was a kid, Haneul really had her father’s tendencies and was always quite loud and abrasive. When she was young it was quite obvious that something was different about little Haneul, she had vitiligo, a skin disease that affected patches of her skin by causing Haneul to lose pigment and become white or light colored patches… Haneul was often teased in her small town for the peculiar way that she looked to the other kids around her. Her father often tried to bring up her spirits but Haneul sunk into a deep sadness nearly bordering depression when she was twelve years old, so her father pulled her out of school and hired a governess for her. Which was difficult seeing as Haneul, being a little Dokkaebi was a tricky one to teach. She’d often maker herself disappear or make her school work disappear. But she was always interested in humanity, although Haneul mother was mortal, she was still a full Dokkaebi because when she was born…well long story short and to avoid all the disgusting details of becoming a Dokkaebi, she was covered in blood that was essientally not her own.

Haneul began to sneak out of her studies and study instead humans and watched with jealousy as they interacted and had fun among themselves. Her nature of a Dokkaebi was always to play and mess around with them, and so she did with magic often causing the fellow kids to be surprised and for her to be popular with them. But of course, not everyone likes what they don’t know. One night when Haneul began to make plants grow in the garden in order to create a hiding place for herself with a group of kids, her governess saw. She didn’t mention it right away but was set of “correcting the child”. She took her to an exorcist by force and attempted to remove the Dokkaebi from her. Unfortunately, removing a Dokkaebi’s essence from a Dokkaebi itself would no sh-t, kill the Dokkaebi. Her father found her barely in time and killed both the exorcist and governess in order to save his daughter. Haneul left that night with her hair marred permanently, half of her was white as bone, the other dark as night to recall that night when she was only ten years old.

Time passed and Haneul had developed serious trust issues and often stopped her trickery, divulging into books and studying. Her hearing got worse from the night of the exorcisim and when she turned twelve, Haneul was completely deaf. She could speak a bit, but over time her voice began to get worse, or weird due to her having no feedback on what her voice should sound like so she stopped talking and switched to sign language. Haneul recieved the letter at OUH last year but refused to go, when she got it again this year her father forced her to go, rambling of Dokkeabi representation.

Faceclaim ||

Best Subject || Pyschology and Light Magic
Abilities || Invisibility, Nature Manipulation, Tychokinesis, Appearance Alteration, Shapeshifting, Enhanced Senses (minus hearing) and Movement, Basic Spells, Hexes and Curses.

4 Likes

Ahh, I’m really sorry! I just wanted to make sure it fit with Naia, but I guess it does pretty much!
And can’t wait to read it!! :wink:
The writing sample is GORGEOUS! And her bio is perfect :hearts:
Her powers are super cool! Does she get tired when using them for too long? :thinking:

Gotcha! You can say ‘child’ instead! :smiley:
Of course! I cannot wait to see your character!! :)))

Just another superpower I don’t have :sob:

:smirk:

OH HECK YES I HAVE BEEN AWAITING THIS
Yayyyyy demisexualll :clap:
NooOOoOO I want her to be happyyyyy :(((
AWWWWW I LOVE HER IM SAD SHES SAD
Her vitigilo is so beautiful, I swear-
NO MY BABY
Okay, again, I’m in love with her FC
ANI WE STANNNNN OMG-

4 Likes

I was thinking of some way to temporarily slow down her power so she wouldn’t seem perfect, I know it isn’t in the Classic fairytale but in the movie Maleficent can’t touch Iron.

So let’s say Millicent can’t touch iron or it’ll burn her and temporarily slow down her powers?

3 Likes

Oh yeah!!! That’s perfect! I feel bad for her, but I think that’s an interesting flaw to her powers :thinking:

2 Likes

I actually love her flaw, It doesn’t seem like it during childhood but if you really read up on fairies their quite powerful, Many people who love fantasy wouldn’t pick a fairy for their character unless they genuinely read into their underlying abilities, All fairies are immortal so I think it serves Millie good to have such a big flaw considering fairies can’t die from natural causes and can only die if their killed and the worst part is that fairies are difficult to kill it’s probably why they rarely die in folklore.

3 Likes

True, I love it too! :smiley: It’s true, her having a flaw is a good thing. I really love Millie so far! Also, I’m so jealous of her, she’s soooo pretty. Thank you for that, I actually didn’t know all fairies were immortal! :scream:

2 Likes

Character Name: Afsana el-Saleh
Child of: Sultan Shahryar and Queen Scheherazade
Sexuality: Asexual Demiromantic
Personality: Afsana takes very much after their mother, The Storyteller Queen. Afsana’s greatest fear is being considered “ordinary” or “normal”, and they have built their life around defying expectations. They’ll often do things for no reason besides shocking and surprising the people around them, and this reckless nature tends to get them in trouble. Due to their close bond with their mother, Afsana has grown an intense love of literature from all around the world. They spend their freetime immersing themsleves in the mythology and stories of different cultures and amazing their peers with their natural showmanship and gift for storytelling.

Afsana can be very brash, reckless, and unintentionally abrasive. If they see someone as “too predictable” or think that people will expect them to like a certain person, they will go out of their way to distance themselves from that person, often accidentally hurting their feelings along the way. In thier efforts to be spontaneous, they can sometimes come off as careless and sloppy and even hurt themselves or others. Afsana is also very attention hungry, and they will immediately get jealous and toxic if the spotlight is not on them.
Bio: Born as the daughter of the Sultan but never really feeling like they fit into a gender, Afsana could have had everything she’d wanted if not for her mother. Scheherazade had grown up as a peasant in poverty, and she’d worked for everything she had, from her place in the palace to her healthy marriage. Determined not to let her child grow up spoiled, Scheherazade had actually raised Afsana outside of the palace for the early half of their life. Being raised among the common people gave Afsana two very important things: A perspective on the world that their father had never had, and a passion for the stories that connected people. Once they got back to the palace, Afsana put aside the stuffy, silly studies that they’d been given as the Heir and instead started learning about their kingdom’s people, and the people all around the world who wove a tapestry of tales. They started memorizing as many legends, myths and fables as they could and giving grand orations of them in the town square. People from all around the kingdom gathered to hear their Heir and the marvellous tales they spun. But, just like their mother, Afsana never finished a story in one day, and they’d soak up the spotlight as more and more people returned to their stage each day, hungry for more. Soon, Afsana began stepping out of their mother’s shadow, as their book of stories had far surpassed one thousand and one.
Faceclaim:

Best Subject: English and History

Writing Sample:

As soon as she got that letter from the Province Services, Oureline knew what she had to do. Folding the letter neatly back into it’s envelope and holding the wax seal over a candle so that it would look like it’d never been touched, she brought the letter obediently to her father, who was sitting in the parlor, smoking a thick cigar and scimming through the newspaper. He didn’t look up at her, but she could tell that he’d heard her bare feet tapping across the stone floor. “How about that Prince, Opal?” He asked, using her childhood pet-name. He flipped to the next page in his paper. “He’s a cutie, ain’t he?” “Yes, Papa.” She said quietly. She stopped a few feet from his worn leather chair and held out the letter to him. Her father looked up and blinked, looking a bit startled. “What’s this?” He asked, taking the letter and inspecting it. “The Province Services, huh? Bit unusual. You didn’t get us in trouble, did you?” He teased her, winking as he cracked open the seal. He didn’t seem to notice the seam in the warm wax from where Oureline had opened the letter before. “I am 20, Papa.” She reminded him, and he actually seemed a bit surprised to hear it. He sat for a moment, thoughtful. “Yes… Yes you are. Guess I forgot. Can you blame me though? You’ll always be my little Opal.” He pulled the note out of it’s sleeve and unfolded it, reading through it quickly. His eyes lit up as he absorbed the words o the page. “Oh. Oh I see.”

“You’ll want me to sign up, then.” Oureline said, already knowing the answer. She tried her best to keep her voice neutral as her stomach soured. She felt something sink into her guts as her father, of course, said yes, And as he was gushing and enthusing about the best way to get her chosen, bitter bile began coating her throat. She plastered a wide smile on her face, but her eyes were blurry and welling up with tears. Her father excitedly sent her up to her room to fill out her aplication form, an escape opportunity that Oureline was grateful for. She closed herself quietly in her room, and speard her application form, the letter, and a piece of periwinkle stationary acroos her desk. She paced around her room for a bit, trying to collect herself and her thoughts, before eventually sitting at the desk. She pushed the application and the letter aside for a second and began writing on the stationary.

My dearest Esther,
A complication has presented itself.

“Now, from the Province of Yukon, The first of our northernmost beauties- And my, what a beauty she is- Our next lucky draw is… Oureline Painchaud.”

As her parents squealed and embraced eachother ecstatically and her grandmother began writing boastful letters to her girlfriends, Oureline knelt in front of the television, numb with shock. Her senses were all dull, and the world seemed to be spinning on without her. Sounds came in like the foyer was had suddenly been flooded with water, and Oureline could feel herself drowing in a deep, black ocean. Every breath she took filled her insides with caustic saltwater that stung and sloshed around in her weak gut, causing it to bubble nausiatingly. Deep-sea pressure pushed down on her, threatening to make her body cave in on itself. Her heart was racing, pounded against her chest, struggling to stay afloat as the life she’d had planned was washed away in the rushing current.

“I should start packing.” She excused herself up to her room, locking herself in the safety of her own space as fast as she could. She collapsed into a blubbering mess on her bed, taking care to sob as quietly as she could. Her family was still celebrating downstairs, and she’d hate to ruin thier fun. She muffled herself by pressing her face into a pillow, her whole body shaking as she sobbed. She didn’t know how long she was crying for, but she did know that, by the end of it, her face was hot and somehow crusty and soaking wet at the same time.

She pulled herself together just enough to shuffle to her desk and full out a sheet of familiar periwinkle stationary. She began writing, the ink blurring as a few persistant tears fell onto the page.

My dearest Esther,
I am afraid we may never see each other again.

And now, here she was, standing on the private royal tarmac as her chauffer pulled off to pick up a girl from another province. It didn’t matter if she wasn’t at the Palace yet, the competition began now. She couldn’t long for home. She couldn’t think about that girl who was waiting for her, with lush, red curls as plush as velvet. She couldn’t show any sign of weakness. Being a 6 was already bad enough, but if there was a crack in her armor, Oureline was sure that her competition would sieze the opportunity to tear her apart. From now own, she was a 1, she was the most the most gorgeous girl in the competition, and she could buy an island with barely half of her weekly allowance. Whatever she needed to tell herself to renew her confidence, she would. And she would will herself to believe it.

She straightened the folds of her dusty purple dress and tightened the ribbon sash around her waist. She used a nearby puddle as a mirror to see if she neaded any last finishing touches. Her hair was tied half-up in an intricate braid, and sprigs of fragrant lavender were woven into her hair, creating a sweet-smelling crown that framed her face. A lavender corsage was tied around her left wrist with leftover purple ribbon and white lace that her grandmother had after she’d made the dress, and she wore a strand of her grandmother’s pearls around her neck. A silver pin of the Painchaud family crest rested on her collar bone.

Decently satisfied with herself, Oureline continued on her way to the jet, he shouders back and her head held high. She was the future princess. She was the future queen. She was glowing. And if she didn’t win, she always had the periwinkle stationary folded up in her pocket.

My dearest Oureline,
I’ll always love you.

Character Name: Taira Hokkyoku
Son of: The White Kitsune (Don’t worry, I made it up for extra pizzaz)
Sexuality: Pansexual
Personality: Taira, on the outside, is the typical aloof, cool, sexy loner, the strong and silent type. He doesn’t talk too much, and when he does, he’s usually casually flirting with girls, boys, or anything that breathes. Even though he flirts with pretty much everyone, Taira’s never acutally dated anyone for a long time. He’ll usually gush over someone for a day or two before getting distracted by some new, fresh piece of meat he can snack on.

Taira on the inside is probably the biggest science geek you’ll ever meet. If you get close enough for him to trust you (which is a very hard thing to do) he’ll probably spend most of your private time together enthusing about physics, meterorology, and biology, to name a few topics. For some reason, either his pride or his reputation or his family’s stong, proud name, Taira keeps this side of him hidden and becomes very standoffish and agressive if it’s discovered by the wrong person. Usually, Taira is calm and cool under pressure, just like the rest of the members of his icy fox family. But, if you corner a wild animal, it will bite, you will bleed, and you’ll be lucky if you get out alive.
Bio: Taira is the son of the powerful White Kitsune, a very proud winter spirit with a long leniage of great warriors before them. Taira is the only male born in his family for on thousand years, which means his female-dominated family puts a lot of extra pressure on him.

When Taira was young, he quickly found out the truth about the world: Life is harsh, and only the strong will survive. After almost being killed in a fight with his older cousin, Taira built up his strength, magic, and confident persona until he was sure no one could hurt him again. He hid his true self away and created a separate, icy personality that didn’t fit him at all but protected him, like armor that was too loose. Over the years, he got used to lying to everyone around him, and to himself. However, a small part of him still lives in fear that his weakness could be exploited by his enemies, and his family would never look at him in the same way again.
Faceclaim:

Best Subject: Biology

Writing Sample:

Oureline Painchaud

As soon as she got that letter from the Province Services, Oureline knew what she had to do. Folding the letter neatly back into it’s envelope and holding the wax seal over a candle so that it would look like it’d never been touched, she brought the letter obediently to her father, who was sitting in the parlor, smoking a thick cigar and scimming through the newspaper. He didn’t look up at her, but she could tell that he’d heard her bare feet tapping across the stone floor. “How about that Prince, Opal?” He asked, using her childhood pet-name. He flipped to the next page in his paper. “He’s a cutie, ain’t he?” “Yes, Papa.” She said quietly. She stopped a few feet from his worn leather chair and held out the letter to him. Her father looked up and blinked, looking a bit startled. “What’s this?” He asked, taking the letter and inspecting it. “The Province Services, huh? Bit unusual. You didn’t get us in trouble, did you?” He teased her, winking as he cracked open the seal. He didn’t seem to notice the seam in the warm wax from where Oureline had opened the letter before. “I am 20, Papa.” She reminded him, and he actually seemed a bit surprised to hear it. He sat for a moment, thoughtful. “Yes… Yes you are. Guess I forgot. Can you blame me though? You’ll always be my little Opal.” He pulled the note out of it’s sleeve and unfolded it, reading through it quickly. His eyes lit up as he absorbed the words o the page. “Oh. Oh I see.”

“You’ll want me to sign up, then.” Oureline said, already knowing the answer. She tried her best to keep her voice neutral as her stomach soured. She felt something sink into her guts as her father, of course, said yes, And as he was gushing and enthusing about the best way to get her chosen, bitter bile began coating her throat. She plastered a wide smile on her face, but her eyes were blurry and welling up with tears. Her father excitedly sent her up to her room to fill out her aplication form, an escape opportunity that Oureline was grateful for. She closed herself quietly in her room, and speard her application form, the letter, and a piece of periwinkle stationary acroos her desk. She paced around her room for a bit, trying to collect herself and her thoughts, before eventually sitting at the desk. She pushed the application and the letter aside for a second and began writing on the stationary.

My dearest Esther,
A complication has presented itself.

“Now, from the Province of Yukon, The first of our northernmost beauties- And my, what a beauty she is- Our next lucky draw is… Oureline Painchaud.”

As her parents squealed and embraced eachother ecstatically and her grandmother began writing boastful letters to her girlfriends, Oureline knelt in front of the television, numb with shock. Her senses were all dull, and the world seemed to be spinning on without her. Sounds came in like the foyer was had suddenly been flooded with water, and Oureline could feel herself drowing in a deep, black ocean. Every breath she took filled her insides with caustic saltwater that stung and sloshed around in her weak gut, causing it to bubble nausiatingly. Deep-sea pressure pushed down on her, threatening to make her body cave in on itself. Her heart was racing, pounded against her chest, struggling to stay afloat as the life she’d had planned was washed away in the rushing current.

“I should start packing.” She excused herself up to her room, locking herself in the safety of her own space as fast as she could. She collapsed into a blubbering mess on her bed, taking care to sob as quietly as she could. Her family was still celebrating downstairs, and she’d hate to ruin thier fun. She muffled herself by pressing her face into a pillow, her whole body shaking as she sobbed. She didn’t know how long she was crying for, but she did know that, by the end of it, her face was hot and somehow crusty and soaking wet at the same time.

She pulled herself together just enough to shuffle to her desk and full out a sheet of familiar periwinkle stationary. She began writing, the ink blurring as a few persistant tears fell onto the page.

My dearest Esther,
I am afraid we may never see each other again.

And now, here she was, standing on the private royal tarmac as her chauffer pulled off to pick up a girl from another province. It didn’t matter if she wasn’t at the Palace yet, the competition began now. She couldn’t long for home. She couldn’t think about that girl who was waiting for her, with lush, red curls as plush as velvet. She couldn’t show any sign of weakness. Being a 6 was already bad enough, but if there was a crack in her armor, Oureline was sure that her competition would sieze the opportunity to tear her apart. From now own, she was a 1, she was the most the most gorgeous girl in the competition, and she could buy an island with barely half of her weekly allowance. Whatever she needed to tell herself to renew her confidence, she would. And she would will herself to believe it.

She straightened the folds of her dusty purple dress and tightened the ribbon sash around her waist. She used a nearby puddle as a mirror to see if she neaded any last finishing touches. Her hair was tied half-up in an intricate braid, and sprigs of fragrant lavender were woven into her hair, creating a sweet-smelling crown that framed her face. A lavender corsage was tied around her left wrist with leftover purple ribbon and white lace that her grandmother had after she’d made the dress, and she wore a strand of her grandmother’s pearls around her neck. A silver pin of the Painchaud family crest rested on her collar bone.

Decently satisfied with herself, Oureline continued on her way to the jet, he shouders back and her head held high. She was the future princess. She was the future queen. She was glowing. And if she didn’t win, she always had the periwinkle stationary folded up in her pocket.

My dearest Oureline,
I’ll always love you.

Powers:
Ice Manipulation
Seduction
Enhanced Senses
Enhanced Reflexes

4 Likes

HEHE ME TOO AND SHES MY OWN CHARACTER XD
We need some more Demis
:full_moon_with_face: I have issues
I KNOW ITS LIKE GORGEOUS
:woman_shrugging::joy:
I’m jealous of my own character
XD yayyyy we do

Chill character ^^ Are you following the original folklore or no?

3 Likes

Half yes and half no. Yes, with the seduction and more savage fox forms. No with the ice powers. As far as I know, there’s not a ice/winter spirit that’s also a kitsune.

ALSO DEMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS ARE THE BEEEEEEEEEEST

3 Likes

Cool, I saw that, I was more curious if you were following with the soul orb. It’s an interesting thing that every Kitsune has and I was curious if you were following it.

Haha YESSS

3 Likes

Yes, but I’m not sure how I’m going to incorporate it into Taira yet, so that’s why it’s not in his bio.

3 Likes

Ahh, gotcha, if you want help I could give you ideas. For example. I know that, In human form, Kitsunes usually wear their hoshi no tamas as amulets, but in fox form, they carry the magical balls in their mouths or fasten them to their tails. LMAO I have no idea of that right random bit of info from my mind in mythology helps but if it does, awesome?! XD love that character, looking forward to seeing him in the role play.

3 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Character Name : Yasmine Ali
Son/Daughter/Child of : Jasmine and Aladdin
Sexuality : Bisexual
Personality : Yasmine is sweet and very generous. She understands that kindness and sharing with others is more important than keeping material possessions and she always shares with others. She loves children and gives them gifts whenever she can. She can often be a little pushy towards people but is somewhat oblivious that she is. She is very serious about her religion and if someone offends it she becomes protective. If someone needs to borrow something or they forgot their notes, Yasmine is always on top of it with whatever you need.

Bio : Yasmine grew up in luxury, but she never took it for granted. She always shared food and riches with the poor and opened the kingdom to the homeless. Her parents were worried that she would let people walk all over her, but they let her have an open life. Her mom, Jasmine, was often cooped up in her palace when she was younger and didn’t want the same for Yasmine. Yasmine has many friends all over Agraba and she invited them to her palace often. Some people took advantage of this time and were bossy, rude, or stole riches from Yasmine. Although she knew that they were stealing from her, she let it go claiming that she didn’t mind people taking from her because they needed it more than she did. When she got the letter for OAH, she was estatic to try something new and go on another adventure.
Faceclaim :

Best Subject : advanced literature

5 Likes

;-;

3 Likes