Favorite and/or Best Game Designs

Favorite and/or Best Game Designs

• Which are some of you favorite game designs?
  • Is there any game design or type of game design that you would say is the best?
6 Likes

I’ve never been into console or PC games but I used to play a lot of mobile games a couple of years ago and there’s one game that stood out in particular to me.

The game Monument Valley is beautiful and the puzzles are amazing.

I also really enjoy the design of all of nitrome.com games. They use pixel art and most of them are super cute or just pleasing to the eye or fun.

4 Likes

I’m interested in what you mean by design?

I wanna discuss, there’s a lot about games I love and the artistic sides of it really intrigues me!

1 Like

I wasn’t sure either so I just went with the first google search reuslt.

Game design is the art of applying design and aesthetics to create a game for entertainment or for educational, exercise, or experimental purposes. Increasingly, elements and principles of game design are also applied to other interactions, in the form of gamification.

From wikipedia :laughing: Seems pretty broad. I think I mostly went with the aesthetic side in my second post… but feel free to talk about other aspects of the design.

1 Like

Oooh, so just general game design? :eyes:

I love the art of game design! It can be everything from art design, sound design to the mechanical design! This is a broad topic and I could ramble on about it for hours x3
I may just do that too, I’mma bookmark it!

1 Like

Look at how detailed this is! :heart_eyes: This is my all-time favourite game design!

Tbh, i love all LOZ designs, at it gets better.

3 Likes

It looks beautiful! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

So, my update is going to be about board games. My favorite board game designs are Life, Clue, Monopoly, Villains, and Battleship. I love the detail that they put into each game. Especially the Villains board game, you have separate boards that are based on Disney Villains in the game. You need to take over your kingdom before anyone else can take over theirs. You are given tools to use such as heroes, curses, henchmen, and so on to slow down the others. It’s a very complicated game but some much fun to play once you know what to do!

• Which are some of your favorite board game designs?
  • Is there any game design or type of board game design that you would say is the best?

@Discussions
@Gamers

2 Likes

Umm… I don’t know. Though I really like the Trivial Pursuit board 'cause it’s simple but can change every game since you don’t have to follow a direction.

1 Like

Totally true! I love those games especially the Harry Potter ones!

1 Like

Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit?

1 Like

Yep, there is a small version that is in this triangle shape box then there is the other game based on the books.

https://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-Sorcerers-Stone-Trivia/dp/B00004VXM0/ref=sr_1_35?dchild=1&qid=1595561840&refinements=p_lbr_characters_browse-bin%3AHarry+Potter&s=toys-and-games&sr=1-35

1 Like

Oooooh… that’s a bit different.

1 Like

Yep, I love this game!

Is it your favourite game?

1 Like

One of them, I have multiple favorite board games. My all time favorite is Life though.

1 Like

HEHEHE. I used to love it as a kid, but I hate the new versions.

1 Like

Mario Kart

2 Likes

Why do you hate the new ones?

1 Like

I love Monopoly, Family of life, Clue, Ludo and Chess. My dad and my brother are the chess masters. I’m so bad lmao

I wanted to put Twister but I realized it’s not a board game :joy:

1 Like