Favourite childhood books

Just reopened the topic to see if anyone has any favorite childhood books to share!

I read lots of Astrid Lindgren, H.C. Andersen and The Grim Brothers when I was young.

From Astrid Lindgren my favorite books were The Brothers Lionheart and Mio, My Son (my favorites of the film adaptations differ though). Christopher Lee played the evil dude in Mio, My Son and it was some weird Baltic/Soviet production lol.

From H.C. Andersen I loved The Snow Queen and The Emperor’s New Clothes!

1 Like

I still have books I was reading when I was little! Like Still There, Clare by Yvonne Prinz or The blue horse by Marita Conlon-McKenna!
And I loved Nina the girl from the sixth moon series by Moony Witcher and Faire Folk Trilogy by Gillian Summers!

2 Likes

My favorites would be all the Roald Dahl books and the Magic Treehouse series!

I also loved a lot of the Grimm’s fairytales, although they’re… kinda dark…

1 Like

as a little kid i loved a story where it was like abt the animals in the jungle and me and my brother would literally but not literally shirt ourselves laughing when we made the animal sound effects

when i started reading more serious books i just loooooooved “the twits”-roald dahl and i still have ma copy in a lil drawer

2 Likes

that book was mildly disturbing with everything that happened to them

definitely deserved it, though

1 Like

that book made me the way i am today

2 Likes

The Dreadful children, the Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Dork Diaries, Oliver Twist, Robinson Cusoe, Little Women, Treasure Island, etc.

These are the ones I remember

1 Like

OMG AND I LOVED THE BAILEY SCHOOL KIDS-
those were dope

i still remember a rhyme from one of those stories sh*t wait
row row row your boat, gently down the stream, throw your teacher overboard and listen to her scream, five days later down-the-delware, chewing on her underwear, didnt have another pair, ten days later eaten by a polar bear, wonder why the polar bear-
died.

2 Likes

Yesss!!! Love them!!! So quirky!

Like these too (were to lazy to look up what they were called so I just write Grim Brothers lol)

2 Likes

It’s hilarious, ingenious! Love it!

I like this one, but read it when I was a bit older

3 Likes

Anything from Roald Dahl and Dr Seuss

2 Likes

Oh man, there are too many childhood books I loved when I was a kid and idk which ones I’ve already mentioned. But of course, I enjoyed anything written by Dr. Seuss and Roald Dahl.

2 Likes

The Magic Treehouse series!
My oldest nephew loved that one— he even donated a Lions at Lunchtime paperback to our second grade class last school year. (I was his teacher last year.)
Unfortunately, a nasty kid in the class wrote expletives and circled certain (clothed) body parts in the illustrations. I reported it to the principal, and the vice-principal took the book and kept it in her office.
Although I did tell Emiliano that his classmate defiled a book with bad words, I didn’t tell him that it was the book he donated because that would hurt him. Now I’m thinking of ordering him a new copy for his birthday.

2 Likes

THE VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR!

I remember that!

1 Like

Road Dahl has some greatt books. I used to be obsessed with Robert Munsch. Dork Diaries, Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

For picture books The Very Hungry Caterpillar was great but I also loved The Giving Tree

That’s all I can remember right now aha

1 Like

Aww that’s such bad luck.

Hope he likes it!

Oh no. That made me think of a (better) experience where I brought in a book to read in class- essentially for show and tell and everyone in class loved it so much that the teachers had to order a copy for the class :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The little prince
It’s still my favorite book ever, even though I’m not a kid

2 Likes

Princess and Pea