Hardback or Paperback?!

Hey! Every reader probably has a preference of either hardback or paperback books. That’s what this thread is here for. I don’t really know much of an intro, so just go ahead and vote on this poll and discuss below! :wink: :grin:

• Hardback!
  • Paperback!
  • What’s the difference?

0 voters

7 Likes

I prefer hardback but I don’t mind paperback books :joy:

5 Likes

Most of my paperback books ended up with no front cover. It rips so easily. :joy:

4 Likes

Both! :yum::white_heart:

4 Likes

Does the emoji imply that you’ll eat both?! :eyes::eyes::eyes:

3 Likes

And it depends on where I plan to read the book for me, hardback is better at home, paperback in trains :eyes::eyes::green_heart:

3 Likes

What’s the difference between the two?

3 Likes

Hardback has a hard cover? Like made out of hard cardboard? And paperback has a bit thicker paper for the cover.

Hardback are usually larger and heavier to carry whereas they can make paperbacks smaller and easier to carry around.

Sorry for this really poor explanation hehe. :laughing: Not even sure if it’s correct lol.

5 Likes

Both personally.

Paperbacks I can read without breaking the spine.

Hardbacks r great for aesthetic purposes on my bookshelf

3 Likes

I’m weird I like the hardback covers. Even though, I lose half the covers. Hardback books aren’t as destructive as paperback books. My sister’s dog manage to rip the last two pages of the story out of one my hardbacks. I was so annoyed about it since it was a public library book.

1 Like

I prefer hardback, but paperbacks are usually cheaper so depending on my budget and the book itself I either buy hard or paper.

1 Like

I feel like hardback books are safer, but I think I prefer paperbacks because they’re cheaper and easier to carry around.

2 Likes

I prefer hardbacks because they’re easier to maintain but I don’t mind paperbacks. I usually get a mix between the two because I don’t have money falling out of my pockets to keep buying hardbacks.

4 Likes

I like both, or even reading a digital copy, but I prefer paperback. A paperback copy of a book in my hand, flipping each page, is just so nice.

1 Like

Hardback. Maka Chop! (Sorry, not sorry)

1 Like

Paperbacks cost less, and you’re getting the same book. Hardbacks are nicer to display. I still purchase paperback books.

1 Like

Hardbacks prevent it from tearing easily and if water pours on it, the inside won’t get affected.

I don’t really care if it’s hardback or paperback. But if it’s a book series and I have the first one as a hardback, I want the others as hardback as well. Consistency! :smile_cat:

1 Like

I like hardcover with that thin paper that is usually over it for the cover. Feels nice.

@Bookworms?

1 Like

Feels satisfying when you slam the book closed.