Have You Ever Read a Book in Another Language?

I’ve read a book in French :fr:

1 Like

Everyone’s read books in French! I tried to read Les Betes Humaines but I got bored

1 Like

I’ve read a book in Arabic! I can read fluently I just don’t know what it meas :skull:

1 Like

I plan on reading The Girl from the Miracles District.
It’s supposed to be good, but it’ll probably struggle because it’s completely polish I think

1 Like

I’ve read books in german, russian and english and I plan to also read in french once I get more fluent :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

3 Likes

I’ve read a few books in French. We have to do a reading assessment every year. So far I’ve read Le Petit Nicolas, Le Phantom de L’Opéra, and Le Petit Prince. I also read a novel in Grade nine, but I forget what it was called.

1 Like

My mom is from Russia so all of my brothers and I have read and spoken Russian from a young age. I would say I read a little less than 50% of the books I read in Russian so I can share them with my mom because she doesn’t read English the best. I have also read books in Spanish for school at least one every year. El Cruz Del Diablo was my favorite we read though.

1 Like

Does English count even though I lowkey know English since I was a fetus (but it isn’t my main) ?

3 Likes

Hm… if you want it to count? :laughing: Not sure

3 Likes

Haha

3 Likes

I haven’t. The closest I’ve come to reading a book in another language would be reading Shakespeare plays, which sometimes feels like another language.

If I tried to read a book in another language I wouldn’t be able to understand it. I know some Spanish, but only very basic stuff.

Am I the only one who hasn’t/can’t read a book in any other language?

1 Like

im bilingual but reading in spanish isnt fun

like i can do it, but idk its easier to space out

i did read el principito tho
*self high five *

2 Likes

oh yeah homeboy couldnt talk

3 Likes

:joy::joy: rume

1 Like

The English language has changed so much over the centuries.

1 Like

fr
i bet he was sayin something nice though

or pervy, we see u will

1 Like

Once you figure out how to understand it, it’s very nice. The key is, adjusting your brain to it. I have to practically reset my brain to understand it each time I start to read Shakespeare plays.

1 Like

sounds exhaustinggg

1 Like

Same… I don’t know why I don’t like to read in Spanish that much.
I only read the Bible in Spanish, but that’s because our church services and everything are in Spanish.
But for everything else, I prefer English.

2 Likes

I tried to read Green Eggs and Ham in German…I accidentally said shiße multiple times…I was reading aloud, and a certain word sounded like it.

1 Like