Help: How to write a Fantasy?

Ever since I started Middle School, I’ve had an idea for a epic fantasy story: The Witch’s Skin.

Plot Summary

Hollie was born with skin only covering half of her body, and her alchemist father was desperate to save her. A kindly old witch, close to death herself, heard his cries, and she gave Hollie her own skin so that her light may shine on by making another’s light brighter. Using alchemy, Hollie’s father stitched the witch’s skin to her own, saving her life.
Ever since that day, Hollie has been sheltered inside the gates of her father’s manor, hidden away from a fearful and uneducated world. But one day, when Father’s bed is empty and a blood-soaked ransom note is left behind in his place, Hollie must leave the safety of the gates behind to find him. Who has taken Father? Will Hollie still be able to save him as she uncovers his lies, and her true identity? And, most importantly; Why does the witch’s enchanted skin seem to be developing a mind of it’s own?

Tags

@lanafrazer
@WritingWithStars
@RainyDay
@MG_789
@thesoulpunk
@TL_DR
@EmilyJunkie

I’ve finally decided to get started on writing this story, but I need help. So I’ve decided that every week or two I’ll post some polls, potential covers, concept art, and other stuff on here. It’d be a huge help if you guys could answer the polls, critique art/ideas, and give any other writing advice you can! I’m hoping to put this story on Wattpad or another writing site someday, but I’ll only do that once I’m sure it’s the best it can be. If you guys can help me, it’ll be much appreciated! Thanks, and I’ll be posting soon.

Here’s some polls to tide you over until then:
Would you like to help me?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

If so, can I credit/tag you on this thread and the official story?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Tacos or Burritos?

• Tacos
  • Burritos
  • Other (Post below)

0 voters

2 Likes

So, for the first official story poll for this thread, I’ll give you guys some options on our first supporting character. They’ll be a parental figure to Hollie along her journey, a strong silent type with a soft side. Y’know, that old trope.

Gender?

• Male
  • Female

0 voters

Career?

• Theif
  • Assasin
  • Innkeeper
  • Former of any of these

0 voters

Age?

• A young adult or teen, spry and agile
  • A middle aged or older adult, tired but still with a spark of hope
  • An elder or senior, hardened and wise of the world

0 voters

And if anybody has ideas for names or other details, feel free to share those with me! :hugs:

1 Like

Maybe the parental figure found Hollie and decided to retire from their job to raise her.

1 Like

Good Idea!

1 Like

Concept art for Hollie! Obviously not finished, but I wanted to give you an idea of what you’d be staring at for a couple chapters!

3 Likes

Poll time! It’s time for some name polls- Last name for Hollie and her Father, the names of three rather important sisters, and the name of Hollie’s traveling companion, who you guys have decided is an old and hardened former theif!

Hollie’s Family Name

• Vonner
  • Pickerin
  • Creighton
  • Heliot
  • Highmore

0 voters

The names of three evil sisters (multiple choice, pick your favorite 3)

• Dedira
  • Nelya
  • Venette
  • Branwen
  • Lisha
  • Viessa
  • Hegna

0 voters

The name of a former theif

• Nolan
  • Peter
  • Barclay
  • Rawley
  • Linden
  • Millson
  • Gray
  • Cade

0 voters

1 Like

Uh oh! Looks like we need to break some ties. I’ll narrow down options to my absolute favorites, if that’ll make things easier for you guys.

• Barclay
  • Linden
  • Gray
  • Cade

0 voters

• Creighton
  • Heliot
  • Highmore

0 voters

1 Like

Finished concept art for Hollie and Cade!

2 Likes

New poll! Should Cade and Hollie have a third?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

I love the concept art, it’s so beautiful.

2 Likes

Oh! Thank you~
Maybe I’ll come back the this story soon. I’ve just been so busy with the rp community.

2 Likes

No problema~
Ooh, I’ll put this thread on watching because I’d be very interested in that!

2 Likes

Please feel free to share if you have any ideas! Espescially about this third character… :thinking:

1 Like

Ooh, I’ll think on that and get back to you! All good things come in 3, after all.

2 Likes

Very true.
Mabye since Cade is the "dad’ of the group, the third character could be the “mom”?

2 Likes

This is so late!! Sorry!! But yes, that could be an interesting character dynamic!

1 Like

Haha, thanks!

1 Like

Surprised this hasn’t been closed for inactivity. But I just wanted to let you guys know that I’ve started writing!

1 Like