Hi, again! (An explanation)

Hello, everyone!
My name is Marianna, formerly known as CoffeeAunt. You might remember me if you’ve been on this forum at least since the beginning of February.

Why did I disappear?
During the first or second week of February, I got sick with an intestinal infection. It lasted about a week, but it left me with a lot of anxiety and feelings of depression and melancholy. To make matters worse, I’ve been living alone since October 2020, and working from home.
I had to figure out what was making me feel so down. I didn’t even feel like listening to music, writing stories, or coming on the forum. I wanted to notify the staff that I needed a break, but just thinking about entering and seeing a bunch of notifications and my staff duties made me feel even more anxious.

Why did I create a new account?
Like I mentioned, I stopped listening to music for a month. Finally, some time during the beginning of March, I found out that Post Malone had released a new song called Only Wanna Be With You, which is a remake of a 90s song. That was the first song I listened to since I started feeling bad, and it got me back into listening to music.
So, once I started contemplating returning to the forum (since last week), I didn’t want to come back with my old username and see thousands of notifications upon entering. I needed a fresh start.

That’s basically my story. I’ve been feeling much better since March. I had a great birthday, I began hanging out with the neighbors more, and I’ve gotten back into writing and listening to music.

22 Likes

I’m glad you’re back Mariana :blush:

2 Likes

Mariannnaaaa

2 Likes

Glad to see you back! I missed you!

2 Likes

I was wondering where you were!!
Welcome back

2 Likes

Ahhhh welcome back!!

2 Likes

Omg, I’m sorry you had to go through this.
I’m happy that you’re back because we missed you. :brown_heart:

4 Likes

Welcome back

2 Likes

So glad you have returned!

2 Likes

Are you going to anon your old account?

I haven’t decided yet…
I’m still debating on whether to anon and ban it, or have it merged with my new account.

4 Likes

It’s good to have you back!

3 Likes

MARIANNA HIIIIIIII
Q bueno q ya estas de vuelta :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

2 Likes

Hey Marianna,

You’re always welcome here. No matter what happens, you’re always amazing. I’m sorry that you got so down. That sounds like depression! That’s awful! I know for me personally, staying inside definitely doesn’t help my mood. Have you checked your Vitamin D levels?

Welcome back! I hope you’re feeling better now!

6 Likes

I’m happy you’re back Marianna. :heart:

1 Like

welcome back!

2 Likes

Welcome back! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Moved to general chat!

1 Like