How did you get over a breakup?

Let’s admit it, breakups are H A R D to go through. So what’s your advice? How is it best to handle?
I’m just gonna say going through a recent one, I found that listening to music I’d never thought I would really help :blush:

12 Likes

Damn, the internet is really coming for me these days. :joy::yellow_heart::chocolate_bar: I guess it’s breakup season for everyone!

I just broke up with my boyfriend recently, and I found out that talking about it with close friends and hanging out helps a lot. Eating, venting and listening to music does wonders. And some great self-care too!

9 Likes

Those are all so great !!

2 Likes

I know! Plus you gotta have super supportive friends too.

And those emotions you get post-breakup are apparently normal too! Gah, I’d kill for some caramel ice cream right now…

3 Likes

Yes I agree! A good friend always knows what to say. Haha wish I could say the same but I finished the rest of my cake earlier :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

There’s really no universal advice that would fit everybody. I guess the best is to realize that it’s not the end of the world, and sometimes people just don’t work out as a couple, and that everything indeed goes for the better. And to stay occupied, treat yourself, do hobby, meet friends and just be out there until feelings fade.

Internet says this quote is by Marilyn Monroe, but I say it’s from the How I Met Your Mother.
" Sometimes things fall apart so that better things can fall together"

8 Likes

How did I get over a breakup?

Well I remember whenI first discovered Neffex, I kept listening to their music and when I saw them live back in November 2019, it did me a huge favour that I got over that horrible ex of mine. That is also when I decided to return to social media to face my demons.

5 Likes

To be honest, I was tired of him and his attitude, but what helped me was writing a new story, creating my characters, and having a lot of inspiration. It wasn’t a painful breakup, though, because I wasn’t into him anymore.

6 Likes

It’s so great to hear what everyone has to say! And I hope some will read and take comfort or whatever lol I don’t know

2 Likes

Chocolate, ice cream and fast food. :no_entry_sign: :billed_cap:

5 Likes

Get more cake. :grin::yellow_heart::chocolate_bar:

3 Likes

Spend time with friends and get a hobby.
Breaking up (for me) is like the worst thing in the world if you really like someone, and I feel so bad for you!!

How have I gotten over it in the past? Serial dating which just leads to more breakups, and I do not recommend it!

5 Likes

Best things I’ve done to get over a breakup:

Workout a lot because I needed endorphins, plus kickboxing is great when imagining you’re punching your ex (but no real violence!)
Focus on friendships that sometimes get neglected while in a relationship
Join a new club/activity to meet more people
Cry and listen to music
Write unsent letters to my ex if there was something left unsaid

Not so great things I’ve done to get over a breakup:
Made out with someone I didn’t care about to try to feel something
Start dating someone else too soon…
Gotten back together haha (sometimes it works out but mostly it’s a bad idea I think, you’ve gotta actually fix problems that led to the breakup for this to work in the long term)

8 Likes

Crying it out helps a lot actually! As well as working out and spending time with some friends and letting them distract you. Some of my favorite memories were made that way.

5 Likes

Honestly for me in the past just letting my emotions out and just allowing myself to take the time to heal from it helped… Also eating a lot of chocolate :rofl:

1 Like

Bump. Never been in a relationship- but would recommend to treat yourself lol. Maybe a whole pint of icecream would be nice… lmao.

2 Likes

Awwwww :two_hearts:

I’ve never broken up with someone :laughing:

1 Like

I ate pizza so does that count?

1 Like

Same lol