Yeah, instant romances are usually something you should avoid because of how forced they might seem. Of course, that’s not to say that there can’t be whirlwind romances that happen very quickly, I’d just say they’re hard to do well.
Slowburns in general are, well, slow and can take a while, but reaching the peak of their relationship can be such a gratifying feeling. They’re realistic in a way too, as most people take the time to get to know people before diving into a relationship. Slowburns don’t have to be planned or thought beforehand either, sometimes they can be sort of spontaneous in a way as well. I find it best to just go with what feels natural with your character, instead of analyzing every detail of a potential relationship.
I do have to say, there’s nothing like a good lesbian slowburn
So, in your opinion, what would you classify an instant romance as?
- A and B meet for the first time, and their chemistry is through the roof; it’s only a few posts later that they’re sharing their first kiss.
- A and B have a couple of interactions with each other before they start feeling attracted to each other.
- A and B first meet each other when they have a one night stand. Unable to forget their night together, they meet again a few days later, and the relationship builds from there.
- The first person A meets in the roleplay is B, and they hit it off so well that they’re crushing on each other by the end of the interaction.
- A and B start out as passionate enemies who secretly admire each other. Eventually, this expands into a romantic relationship.
- A and B are forced into an arranged marriage neither of them wanted, but they soon begin developing feelings for one another.
- A saves B from a near-death experience, and the adrenaline, fear and relief spark a romantic attraction between the two.
- A and B first meet online. On a chance coinciding trip, they meet and fall in love, unaware that the other is the person they’ve been talking with online.
- A and B’s relationship as best friends had been planned before the roleplay started. When they first interact, it seems like there might be something there that wasn’t there before.
- A falls for B when B kills a bully that had been bothering A.