How Do You Edit/Plan Your Novel

I’ve edited stuff before but never edited something, as in edited it for stuff like plot holes because I’ve only ever made one big story. Now writing my huge novel, I’m curious as to how you guys edit stories or big projects- or even small projects that you put a lot of effort into. I’m also curious about how you guys plan your novel as well- I don’t really know how to do that since I don’t plan and I keep everything in my head but it’s really interesting to me.

2 Likes

I mostly just go with the flow. I only add onto it if I get a sudden inspiring idea that would fit said story.

1 Like

That’s kinda the same thing I do too ig. Or used to cuz now I’m trying to write everyday and get to a certain word count so I actually finish the story and don’t give up on it lol.

1 Like

I wish I had the motivation to do that.

1 Like

I honestly should plan more because I think it would help me to stay on track. I don’t plan lots of stuff, almost nothing at all. I think that it’s better for me to get the story down and then heavily edit it to make it presentable lol. A bit more planning wouldn’t hurt though because I easily forget what I wanted to look up, change or add after I’ve written tons of new stuff. The things I plan the most are the characters and spaces they spend lots of time in, like their house or room. For the plot I only have like the beginning and the end kind of figured out. xD

1 Like