How to write about true love without being cringy?

I really really like writing romance stories but I always feel like the romantic scenes are very… cringy :sweat_smile: Especially when I want to write about true love, it gets cringy very fast. I like those cringy parts, but I know that’s not the same for everyone, sooo…
How to write about true love without being cringy? :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I can’t help. I scare everyone.

1 Like

ooo! I love slow burn!

2 Likes

Hmm :thinking: here’s some ideas I’ve come up with

• think about realism, so ask yourself: would you say this out loud without it sounding unrealistic? Would somebody say or do this realistically? Because if it doesn’t sound right out loud, then don’t use it.

• try to rehearse it. In somebody else’s shoes, does this sound real? Would somebody with this personality do this? Does it sound real?

• does it make sense? Or ask: “would somebody do this logically?”

Usually love scenes or stories that are too cheesy sound unrealistic and super cringe. Hope these tops are good enough

2 Likes

I’d say try not to over describe how 2 characters feel about each other like in most romance novels, but I’m only a teen :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Writers Does anybody have some good tips or examples to share? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Think about what you love about a person. Whether it be a crush or a romantic partner, what made you fall for that person? Try to project it onto your character.
Consider your character’s personality, and how they would express their love. What’s their primary love language? Are they the type to get the person they love gifts, or buy them their favorite food? Or do they express their love through words?

2 Likes

Create romance and chemistry through the characters’ friendship and connection, and not physical intimacy.

1 Like