Hunger Games Prequel: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes

First spoiler alert, please do not unhide these details if you are planning on reading the book

Spoiler

There’s this bit where Snow has written a essay/proposal thing but this girl tries to take the credit, the person they are presenting it to puts it in a snake tank and tells them both to get it out. Turns out the snakes are mutts so they adjust themselves to the smell of the environment, since the proposal smelt of snow he was fine but the girl got bit and I was like danggggg

Omg I finished it and all I am gonna say for now is that it was amazing! The ending is so good.

1 Like

Alrighty, I’m gonna keep this hidden so please don’t yell at me for spoiling stuff since I have warned you that what will be in the hidden details are some huge spoilers. If you plan to read the book then do not read what I have written until you have read it. I have warned you! Anybody else who has read it please blur or hide spoilers.

I warned you
no really SPOILERS

It’s so weird reading a book where the main character is niether the villain nor the hero. Snow does alot of good stuff but it’s mainly just for his own gain. As is the bad stuff. With Snow it is all about status, he wants to make himself look good, he gave Lucy Gray food because he wanted her to win the hunger games as this would solve his money problems and allow him to go to university. There is quite a bit of foreshadowing throughout the book but not so much that you would completely guess the outcome. Also the nods to the main series are great because they show how Lucy Gray and Katniss are almost connected (I do dislike the theory of Lucy being Katniss’s ancestor though) I see them more as birds of a feather. Snows feelings for Lucy become a bit more of a fixation like she’s “his” girl, he wants her to sing songs for him as opposed to the things she wants to sing about. The book has a brilliant ending too, it shows why Snow became such a tyranical leader and the first person he poisons to show his “power”. Also gotta feel bad for Sejanus he had such good intentions but Snow completely betrayed him.

1 Like

Anybody else read it?

@Discussions

1 Like

Nope, but I’m still disappointed that it isn’t called food games :eyes::eyes::green_heart:

3 Likes

Petition to make it be called the food games

1 Like

I have it, but haven’t read it yet. Rereading PJO.

I just started reading it! So far, I really like it.

1 Like

Hell yeah Caticorn once you is finished we must discuss in great length

1 Like

Non, but I want to :eyes::rose::two_hearts:

1 Like

sends you pictures of each page

1 Like

There’s also a new MPHFPC book but you probably already knew that. I haven’t read it yet, though. It’s called A Conference of Birds, referring to the Ymbrynes.

1 Like

I’ve read it :wink: it’s amazing!

Fionaaaaa…just to reignite the feels

1 Like

Ikr!!!

1 Like

You’d think she could’ve used plants to cushion her fall…please let her be alive…

1 Like

Don’t say anything, I want to find out myself

1 Like

I won’t dw but when you do read it we should discuss it hehe

Ok, definitely

1 Like

I liked the Hunger Games series but I’m now sure if I should read this one… I normally don’t like Prequels. The story is over for me, I’m not sure if I want to get into that world again.

1 Like