I applied for writer's access on Tales... and got approved!

Heyy everyone! :smiley_cat:
I submitted a story pitch on Tales about a month ago and thought they already forgot about me. Now I just received an email from them, telling me that my story got approved! I’m now a writer on Tales! :partying_face:

Well, this is super exciting for me because I know almost nothing about Tales and the writer’s portal looks a bit complicated right now, but I’ve got the story worked out already and I’m planning on taking it slow on Tales, no rushing and no publishing before I don’t have a bunch of episodes ready :smile_cat:

Now I wonder if anyone would be interested in me posting updates here about the whole process of writing on Tales? :thinking:
It might be interesting since they don’t let everyone write on their platform. Maybe I can also help some of you get writer’s access!

So, would you be interested in updates about my experience with writing on Tales?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

4 Likes

Eyyy well done on getting access :sunglasses:

1 Like

1 Like

What’s Tales? Screenshots? @RainbowCat

1 Like

It’s an app for stories, interactive and not-interactive stories!

1 Like

Is it still only on iOS or have they made it available for Android too? :eyes:

1 Like

Well, right now, I can say it’s very overwhelming :sweat_smile: There’re so many guides to read, so many examples to look at and sooooooooo much I have to watch out for. If I understood correctly, they want me to get the first episode out within one month after getting approved. But writers can email them to get a longer period. I’m glad I’m only adapting one of my already finished stories :sweat_smile:
The community seems very focused on what they’re doing but they try to help as much as the can!

Yes! But you can sign up for early-access to the Android version :smile_cat:

2 Likes

I guess some people are interested in updates, so I’ll try to do this whenever it comes to my mind :smile_cat:

Right now, I’m kind of worried about all of this, because it seems so difficult. I mean, I was glad when I stopped writing on Episode because I didn’t have to think about all the directing anymore. And Dorian is really simple. But Tales is a whole new level :sweat_smile: I’ll try to learn everything before really getting into writing. And I think it’s better to get my story into a good format first before starting the coding. So I’ll write the episodes and then add all the codes in the Tales creator.
I kind of wish I could read some stories on my phone but it doesn’t work on Android yet and they’re not giving me early access.

1 Like

I decided to first write the script and then do all the coding, because it still looks very complicated to me :sweat_smile:

2 Likes