In the not-too-distant future, mysterious forces that science are yet to identify has given rise to monsters known simply as The Enemy. They can look exactly like humans, even blend in and mimic personalities, pretend to have emotions. Deep down, though, they’re all bloodthirsty and emotionless monsters, and some of them are powerful enough to wipe out all of humanity with just a wave of their hand. Luckily, though, the same forces that created the Enemy also gave rise to the Prodigies, people who are born with incredible powers. As soon as their powers have manifested, young Prodigies from all over the world are sent to PCEA, or the Prodigy Cultivation and Enrichment Academy, where they not only learn the Three Rs, but also learn the limits of their powers and how to control and use them to fight the Enemy. Located on a remote isle hidden in waters not charted on most maps, students are not permitted to contact the outside world in order to keep from being distracted from their studies. The dormitories are as luxurious as 5-star hotel rooms, and the school’s amenities are state of the art. The academic courses offered are could prepare anyone for a successful career. Battle training is instructed by former high-ranking Military officers from the most powerful superpowers in the world. You’d have to be blind not to see that PCEA is the perfect school.
But one day, students start disappearing, and it starts happening at a greater frequency the longer it goes on. It doesn’t seem to matter how popular or smart they were or how strong their powers were; No one seems to be safe. As more and more people vanish, a terrible suspicion slips into some of the students’ minds; Could the Enemy have infiltrated the school? PCEA is on a remote island, and no one gets in or out without the approval of the Headmaster. It should be the safest place in the world. Then again, the Enemy can take a human form. Perhaps one of the students or staff members everyone knows and loves is actually a monster… In fact, anyone could be an Enemy in disguise. And now the rest of the school is trapped with them.
Little do the Prodigy students of PCEA know that everything they thought they knew is actually a lie. Despite what their governments may tell them, the Enemy isn’t just able to take a human form, they’re actually born and raised human. There’s a reason why the academy is on a deserted island, and no one is allowed to contact those outside the island’s borders. There’s a reason why it seems like with every new student that arrives, two more vanish. There’s a reason why none of the staff or teachers are Prodigies themselves, and why no one has ever seen a Prodigy over the age of 18. What PCEA really stands for is Prodigy Containment, Examination and Annihilation. Sprinkled among the students with powers are highly trained and non-powered assassins, sent in to gain the trust of the Prodigies and cull the herd of any of them who get too old or powerful for their own good. The “powers” these assassins exhibit? The monstrous “Enemies” that are brought in for battle training? All clever technology, robotic tricks meant to keep up the illusion. The academy is a prison, the staff wardens, half of the students executioners and the tattoos that each student must get as a part of the “uniform” a way to secretly implant trackers. Prodigies have been brought here believing that they will be trained, but are secretly being studied for weaknesses and killed. Their powers are too unpredictable, too strong, and the world’s leaders don’t want them posing a threat. They are the Enemy, and they don’t even know it.
But every secret gets out eventually…
- Be family friendly, y’all. Or as much as you can be. If you’re fighting or discovering a body, try to limit any blood or gore and use the blur if you think you’ve gone too far. You can all have your ships, but remember that even the of age kids in this RP are only barely of age. Nothing sexual is allowed. And if you try to sneak anything sexual in, you know what’ll happen…
- Blur curses. Obviously.
- Each post should be at least 5 sentences long to keep conversations/scenes going at a good pace. Each post should also have the name of the character they’re for clearly visible as either a banner, bold text, or colored text.
- No godmodding or Mary Sues.
- Secrets are secrets for a reason. We have five assassins, and they aren’t allowed to say anything or even hint at their true nature. If you’re suspicious of someone, you can investigate them all you want… as long as it’s in RP. Don’t berate them or their friends irl to try and get them to crack. Plus, if you find out before everyone else does, it’ll be no fun.
- If you have questions, ask me. I’m the only person who can give you a straight answer.
- Use the group tag wisely. I will be using the group tag for events that EVERYONE needs to be aware of. If you think that people need to know what you’re doing, you can use it too. If I feel like you’re not using it for a good reason, though, there’ll be a stern talking to for ya.
I WILL BE POSTING A INTRODUCTORY POST FOR YOU ALL TO USE WHILE WRITING YOUR FIRST POSTS. PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING ON THIS THREAD BEFORE I DO.