LGBTQ+ Books Wiki 🏳️‍🌈

This is a wiki page to recommend LGBTQ+ books!

Rules

• Don’t promote a book you’ve written!
  • Books must be LGBTQ+
  • Add books under their genre so that people can find stuff easily
  • Use a details tag with the basic book information to hide more specific information about the book, like a summary or why people should read it.
  • Don’t overwrite someone else’s edit!

Action

(Add some books here!)

Adventure

(Add some books here!)

Drama

(Add some books here!)

Fantasy

(Add some books here!)

Horror

(Add some books here!)

Mystery

(Add some books here!)

Non-fiction

This Book is Gay - Juno Dawson

A funny and pertinent book about being lesbian, bisexual, gay, queer, transgender or just curious - for everybody, no matter their gender or sexuality (description taken from amazon)

Romance

Call Me by Your Name - André Aciman

Call Me by Your Name is a 2007 novel that centers on a blossoming romantic relationship between an intellectually precocious and curious American-Italian Jewish boy named Elio Perlman and a visiting American Jewish scholar named Oliver in 1980s Italy. The novel chronicles their summer romance and the 20 years that follow.

Duet - Amber J

http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6477017636470784

This is a book about Isobel, a Jewish singer, trying to become famous, only to realize she’s holding herself back. Will she find true love in the studio?

Daisy - Bertha

http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6510417432215552
Kristen’s an art student that has to present a project in 22 days, but she lacks of inspiration. You’ll need to help her through the minigames to gain that inspiration. On the process, she meets someone that may help her overcome this block. Successfully completing the project depends on you, and so is the ending!
1 LI, L-CC, LGBTQI+, Minigames, Point system, different endings

Sci-Fi

(Add some books here!)

Thriller

(Add some books here!)

Young Adult

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe - Benjamin Alire Sáenz

Aristotle is an angry teen with a brother in prison. Dante is a know-it-all who has an unusual way of looking at the world. When they meet at the swimming pool, they seem to have nothing in common. But as the two loners start spending time together, they discover that they share a special kind of friendship–the kind of friendship that changes lives and lasts a lifetime. And it is through their friendship that Ari and Dante will learn the most important truths about themselves–and about the kind of people they want to be.

They Both Die at the End - Adam Silvera

On September 5, a little after midnight, Death-Cast calls Mateo Torrez and Rufus Emeterio to give them some bad news: They’re going to die today.

Mateo and Rufus are total strangers, but, for different reasons, they’re both looking to make a new friend on their End Day. The good news: There’s an app for that. It’s called the Last Friend, and through it, Rufus and Mateo are about to meet up for one last great adventure—to live a lifetime in a single day.

Simon Vs. the Homo Sapien's Agenda - Becky Albertalli

Sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier prefers to save his drama for the school musical. But when an email falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being thrust into the spotlight. Now Simon is actually being blackmailed: if he doesn’t play wingman for class clown Martin, his sexual identity will become everyone’s business. Worse, the privacy of Blue, the pen name of the boy he’s been emailing, will be compromised.

With some messy dynamics emerging in his once tight-knit group of friends, and his email correspondence with Blue growing more flirtatious every day, Simon’s junior year has suddenly gotten all kinds of complicated. Now, change-averse Simon has to find a way to step out of his comfort zone before he’s pushed out—without alienating his friends, compromising himself, or fumbling a shot at happiness with the most confusing, adorable guy he’s never met.

Leah on the Offbeat (sequel to simon vs) - Becky Albetalli

When it comes to drumming, Leah Burke is usually on beat—but real life isn’t always so rhythmic. An anomaly in her friend group, she’s the only child of a young, single mom, and her life is decidedly less privileged. She loves to draw but is too self-conscious to show it. And even though her mom knows she’s bisexual, she hasn’t mustered the courage to tell her friends—not even her openly gay BFF, Simon.

So Leah really doesn’t know what to do when her rock-solid friend group starts to fracture in unexpected ways. With prom and college on the horizon, tensions are running high. It’s hard for Leah to strike the right note while the people she loves are fighting—especially when she realizes she might love one of them more than she ever intended.

What if it's Us? - Adam Silvera and Becky Albertalli

(if you understand the reference the title makes I’ll love you forever)

Arthur is only in New York for the summer, but if Broadway has taught him anything, it’s that the universe can deliver a showstopping romance when you least expect it.

Ben thinks the universe needs to mind its business. If the universe had his back, he wouldn’t be on his way to the post office carrying a box of his ex-boyfriend’s things.

But when Arthur and Ben meet-cute at the post office, what exactly does the universe have in store for them?

Maybe nothing. After all, they get separated.

Maybe everything. After all, they get reunited.

But what if they can’t quite nail a first date . . . or a second first date . . . or a third?

What if Arthur tries too hard to make it work . . . and Ben doesn’t try hard enough?

What if life really isn’t like a Broadway play?

But what if it is?

Felix Ever After - Kacen Callendar

Felix Love has never been in love—and, yes, he’s painfully aware of the irony. He desperately wants to know what it’s like and why it seems so easy for everyone but him to find someone. What’s worse is that, even though he is proud of his identity, Felix also secretly fears that he’s one marginalization too many—Black, queer, and transgender—to ever get his own happily-ever-after.

When an anonymous student begins sending him transphobic messages—after publicly posting Felix’s deadname alongside images of him before he transitioned—Felix comes up with a plan for revenge. What he didn’t count on: his catfish scenario landing him in a quasi–love triangle…

But as he navigates his complicated feelings, Felix begins a journey of questioning and self-discovery that helps redefine his most important relationship: how he feels about himself.

Felix Ever After is an honest and layered story about identity, falling in love, and recognizing the love you deserve

Openly Straight - Bill Konigsberg

Rafe is a normal teenager from Boulder, Colorado. He plays soccer. He’s won skiing prizes. He likes to write.

And, oh yeah, he’s gay. He’s been out since 8th grade, and he isn’t teased, and he goes to other high schools and talks about tolerance and stuff. And while that’s important, all Rafe really wants is to just be a regular guy. Not that GAY guy. To have it be a part of who he is, but not the headline, every single time.

So when he transfers to an all-boys’ boarding school in New England, he decides to keep his sexuality a secret – not so much going back in the closet as starting over with a clean slate. But then he sees a classmate break down. He meets a teacher who challenges him to write his story. And most of all, he falls in love with Ben . . . who doesn’t even know that love is possible.

This witty, smart, coming-out-again story will appeal to gay and straight kids alike as they watch Rafe navigate feeling different, fitting in, and what it means to be himself.

More Happy Than Not - Adam Silvera

Sixteen-year-old Aaron Soto is struggling to find happiness after a family tragedy leaves him reeling. He’s slowly remembering what happiness might feel like this summer with the support of his girlfriend Genevieve, but it’s his new best friend, Thomas, who really gets Aaron to open up about his past and confront his future.

As Thomas and Aaron get closer, Aaron discovers things about himself that threaten to shatter his newfound contentment. A revolutionary memory-alteration procedure, courtesy of the Leteo Institute, might be the way to straighten himself out. But what if it means forgetting who he truly is?

7 Likes

@Writers, any suggestions?

2 Likes

There is this one book I’ve had a flick through called “This Book is Gay” but it’s non-fiction.

4 Likes

a missing genre! :eyes: you should add a non-fiction section

2 Likes

Then I shall!

2 Likes

I browse through the LGBTQ+ section of waterstones everytime I’m there because it’s right next to manga and graphic novels so I should be able to remember more titles :sob:

3 Likes

there was a really interesting book i was reading about AIDS but i don’t remember what it was called :sob:

3 Likes

I added in a YA genre :eyes:

3 Likes

Am I obsessed with Call me by your name? Yes.

1 Like

I read This Book Is Gay for a school project last year. Probably the best citation I’ve ever had to do.

1 Like

It is a good one!

1 Like

Bump a dump ummity