Post a random Sentence of your story! Story Activity!

As the title says, choose one sentence from your story then paste it here. The activity is to guess what type of scene the story comes from. It’s a way for writers to get a better understanding of writing advice and feedback as well. Feel free to say anything you like as long as it’s helpful if you do decide to give advice. You can post many sentences in separate posts.

Here is mine:

Realizing by the tone of the pure ones growl it turned out it was a male pure one, when he yelped in pain from the collision which had sent him rolling into a tree behind him.

@Writers

8 Likes

An action scene

3 Likes

Her fire wasn’t warmth nor did it provide any, instead it was scalding, burning whoever came close to it other than her. There was no warmth in the fire, instead anger, darkness and whatever the fire did, it seemed to only destroy.

4 Likes

It should have taken another 20 years before the fair, diverse folk of Bredon’s Cross jumped at each others’ throats again.

2 Likes

“That probably would have really stung if you weren’t so cute.” The witch snickered, her laugh coming guttural and raspy out of her half-skinned throat.

2 Likes

Yep, It’s a fight scene with an undead creature.

1 Like

Why does dad have a bunch of limited-edition Magic: The Gathering cards hidden under his bed?”

1 Like

“My name is Jay Jay, I’m kind of cray-cray, and I love to PAR-TAY!”
“That is so not ‘okay-kay’,” I wanted to say.

2 Likes

Don’t you mean…

say-say?

3 Likes

Ooh, yes!! :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Someone introducing themself to someone…?

2 Likes

“A loud fart sound plays from Neha’s phone.”

YA romance with comedy elements? Like a YA romcom?
And the scene is during class or while talking to someone (possibly someone they like)?

1 Like

It’s actually for an Episode story! But yes it’s comedy, and I’m not sure if I’m going to add romance lol-

And nope, the MC is actually going inside a coffee shop when it happens, but the people around her hear it lol

1 Like

I’m not sure what the Episode comment is replying to. :sweat_smile: but ok. lol
I just meant YA as in the category, what is Episode?

Oh no! That’s embarrassing! Who was calling? Or was it just like an app that makes fart sounds?

1 Like

Remedy sliced through the air like a knife as she plummeted, staring up at Ms. Delphine taking another sip of her Earl Grey.

She was meaning it was an episode story not YA story that you were asking. I don’t think she caught what that meant.

1 Like

Is episode a category like YA (young adult)?
I still don’t know what Episode is. lol I’m sorry

2 Likes

Episode is a platform that lets you animate your stories, here’s a blog post that will explain it better than me (lol) —

Her phone is malfunctioning, haha. She gets sucked into it at the end of the episode/chapter :joy:

1 Like

Oh okay! Rose can go over Episode with in more detail.