🔮 Realms of Westeria 🧬 || Signups & Chat

I’d offer, but I think it’s best to wait a day or so to see if anyone else wants the chance. I can add the character once that position is filled in the meantime.

Also, I love the comparison you included for your character, the dual nature will definitively come to light later ~

2 Likes

why thank you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Great backstory…
Now I have to think of different one for my selenium character :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Lol did I steal it

1 Like

Well I don’t blame you or anything, I just had very similar idea. :smiley: :smiley: I guess great minds think alike :smiley:

2 Likes

Haha I mean if its not the same, why not do it?
Some people have similar backgrounds, it will be a thing they can bond over :rofl:

2 Likes

@BlueInferno or @Edelgard would it be a big problem if I do write in first person.
I understand my characters can die and won’t be mad at that, but I had a simular conversation about this in another rp sign up and I’ve spend 6 years trying to write in third person and I really can’t do that.

I only get attracted to characters during rp’s that don’t have an death plot in it.

I only just now saw that rule

1 Like

If you’re more comfortable writing in the first person I wouldn’t mind making an exception. And you @BlueInferno ?

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

No problem ; )

1 Like

Don’t mind me, I just added a couple tags to the thread

2 Likes

Same with Marie. If you’re more comfortable writing in first person, go for it. We both have seen how you write, it will be fine. The rule is there more for the RP formality and potential newer writers.

On the note of character deaths, even though this RP takes place over a war, none of the characters are dying without the owners permissions. The SG moments won’t randomly kill off people

3 Likes

Oh okiii thanksss

2 Likes

@Meekepeek How should I spell the name? I put ‘Chalia’ in the FC

2 Likes

haha wow, I wasn’t awake apparently :rofl:
It was supposed to be Charlia

2 Likes

Also for Bryn Glasco, since no one has mentioned his backstory since, I can volunteer my character Damien Caligari as the one who saved him. I have a few backstory components I could throw in with that if you’re alright.

2 Likes

Yeah sure by all means!

1 Like

Anyways, I might have a fascination with Bryn now just for the clever backstory So, you mentioned that he was accustomed to fire elemental magic before switching. Damien knows that Bryn is more sympathetic as a result, and that can be helpful. The science equivalent would be installing flame throwers to match the magic, and maybe comparing to Bryn’s natural abilities, they’re able to develop the design better.

On the flip side with regard to the faction, maybe Damien also asks Bryn to keep his magic side a secret so he can stay a cadet but to continue using his fire magic under the disguise of having robotic arms. Others will think it’s the same flamethrower systems. That way, it’s like a test to see there is any real dispute/difference between magic and science.

2 Likes

Well what I was thinking was because I actually want him to have no connection to magic at all as in fire (I might even make him be terrified of fire, I’m still debating about that) either due to psychological refusal by his body due to the accident or his body no longer being able to naturally transform the energy into a usable form.

Which is where his weapon could come into play that they can turn his neutrally generated energy into an physical form which are those compact balls that he can throw.

It would also limit his ability to fight since it would actually take energy from him and exhaust him when he uses it frequently.

2 Likes

But I’ll be able to spar with you on that one more tomorrow, it’s late and I have school tomorrow morning :upside_down_face:

2 Likes