Red Band Society Official thread

Every kid here is a little different and I think you all know that. You have all had to sacrifice your time in this hospital for whatever reason brought you here. Theses kids are not different in the terms that parents talk about every child being different the children here at Hembrook hospital are different because they are sick or struggling with their own demons. This is Hembrook hospital or Boulder Colorado. most kids don’t come here at least to this wing just for check ups or even slight surgeries. The kids and teens that live in the west wing of the seventh floor are here for the long run. They actually live here. They are her for medical and mental reasons that deem this the safest option for them. These teens are provides wit their own wing of the children’s ward. They are even provided with a facility for schooling and most don’t have a roommate. There is a game room for the teens to blow off steam and be as normal of teens as they can be given the circumstances, part of the roof has even been converted into a conformable and safe hang out for these teens. But it’s not all fun and games for these kids, they also have doctor appointments and the nurses checking in on them all the time. Not to mention group discussions and therapy happens at least every week. These kids call themselves the red band society since they each have a red band on their wrists which means they are now a teen that is ere for an extend stay. It just so seems that you happen to be one of them too.

disease ideas
  • Cancer
  • Drug Addiction
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Any Disorder
  • Cystic Fibrosis
  • Eating Disorders
  • Cardiovascular Diseases
  • Kidney Diseases
    Please try to refrain from Depression, Drug Addictions, and Anorexia. Also try to refrain from using the same disease/disorder as many other characters
RP Rules
  • DO NOT POST ORPS HERE if it is out of character either put it with your response or ask the question on the sign up thread please

• Don’t start any fights, please
• If you don’t know much about the illness you choose, do a little research or pm either me or @zoe4564 and we will try to help
• Please have a faceclaim that isn’t anime or a drawing
• Drama is encouraged but don’t take it too far
• Fade out if it gets to that point
• You can swear if you blur it or add a $ymb@l to it
• If you are uncomfortable or triggered by in-depth detail of eating disorders, depression/self-harm, addiction, or strong/suggestive language then this thread probably isn’t for you.
• Please try not to power-play, it is okay if you accidentally but please try to refrain
• Be at least semi-advanced. yeah, we all get low muse where our posts suck, that’s acceptable, but in general, don’t sign up if you aren’t an adequate writer. Meaning at least 2-3 sentences.

• Please know how to Roleplay before joining this
    • Try to be moderately active.
    • Try and keep the genders balanced.
    • Be respectful.
    • We can deny your forum. Apologies in advance if we do. Also please don’t argue with us.
  • Try to refrain from pregnancies
    • Don’t make your characters perfect.
    • Have fun and be creative!
Hospital rules **Feel free to break these especially if your character is a rule breaker to begin with**

• Don’t leave the hospital without permission.
• No skipping group sessions or treatments without permission
• Do not enter restricted areas.
• Follow basic etiquette.
• Any violation of these rules will result in appropriate action.

important links

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1MhfoV7P_I5-mExh7c0RM2Zk1H5taIHTCtkUZ78WuvU8/viewform?chromeless=1&edit_requested=true
Fc Slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/18oAkrETGqp_ENanBlrpAOBMQtpZY0RTwNBAPRAqRm0I/edit?usp=sharing

tag list

@zoe4564
@BlueInferno
@BrookieK
@Oak
@Xoxo_dimples
@TL_DR
@Littlefeets
@ForeverAngel
@sunflowerjm
@Aesthetic_epyy
@Dying_Dragon
@EmilyJunkie
@AtlasFlameAi
@Caticorn
@Kate
@GlitterFist
@Xx_Alyssa_xX
@AtlasFlameAi
@Maddy

Feel free to begin posting I will post for my characters in just a little bit.

8 Likes

Lyla

This is my first hospital in a different country. The past year or so I’ve been at a children’s hospital at home in Toronto and they heard about this new teens ward and brought the idea up to my parents. Now we are driving in a rental car to Henbrooke hospital where I will spend some years at. At least I have Willow I thought looking over at her curled up beside me sleeping. The whole process of paperwork and registration was taking forever. I didn’t even know where anything was so I had to stay in the lobby watching staff, patients, visitors, and so much more walk by. After arriving in my room my dad went to check some things out leaving my mom to help me set up my room. Being in a wheelchair has its perks, for instance, my room is bigger than some due to me needing space to get around. After my parents left I kept my door open and sat on my bed scrolling through a social media app.

{Approachable}

Nolan

After around a few days worth of a long boring road trip, I finally made it to Boulder Colorado. I wish I could’ve taken a plane, it wouldve been so much faster. But because my lung function is so low doctors ordered me to drive here instead. I’d rather be in warm Florida at the hospital In used to instead of some teens ward in a state that I’ve never been to. At least we took some motorhome so we didnt have to pay for hotels. Every night we stayed in an Walmart parking lot. After arriving in the room that I’ll be calling my own, until I get kicked out or die, I get help from my parents and sister in setting it up. After it was all decorated a nurse came in and started being me all the medical equipment that I would need. I then grab a mask and walk out of my room and into the hallways.

{Approachable}

Seth

I’ve been here for a few months or so. I feel like this place has made my depression worse. And I have bipolar but I and even understand nor want to learn what it is. And on top of that I have to sneak out of the hospital to go anywhere even somewhere to get a drink. Every meeting with the counselors and therapists consists of lies. I pause to look around the cafeteria and sigh. I doubt no one here would have anything for me. I run my forearm that had the tattoo of my sisters name and walk towards the line. After ordering my food I sit down at an empty table and eat.

{Approachable}

Allison

I arrive at this hospital with my parents, who both took time off from their fancy jobs to bring me here, and got checked in. I’d rather be at home which is almost an hour away. Luckily I wont have to listen to weird kids all the time thanks to my cochlear implants. I had to relearn how to understand people when they talk to me when I have them turned on, but I consider myself a pro. I dont think it’s as similar to what I heard when I could hear but I dont really remember. I set up my room and left the door open while texting my old cheer squad.

{Approachable}

Austin

I can’t really believe this, a few years ago they let a few teens come into this ward, and then let even more a year later. Now they are opening their doors to a ton of other teens. It used to just be me and a few others. Man do I miss those days. After finishing a chemo session, I walk to the elevator and take it up to the roof. I then put my brace on and look out of the very familiar view.

{Approachable}

2 Likes

Ruy Reckett

Ruy had finally been taking to the hospital her parents claimed would help her with her disorder. She felt she didn’t need to be here though, and felt she just need to be cared for. She wasn’t really looking forward to meeting new people, so she took the elevator up to the roof to be alone. When she got there someone was sitting there looking of the top.
She walked over to him. “Excuse me, but you appear to be in my new spot.”

@zoe4564 - Austin

2 Likes

Austin

I oook over to see a unfamiliar face. Play nice or play mean? I ask myself. “Well this has been mine since Hembrooke opened the teen ward which was a few years ago.” I reply. “I’m Austin, big soccer player whose about to lose his leg.” I pop some pills in my mouth and extend my hand. “And you are?”

@AtlasFlameAi

2 Likes

Ruy Reckett

He extend his hand out to her. “And you are?”
She gestured to herself. “Ruy, I’m the girl who’s about to claim this little place for herself.”
She folded her arms. “Thanks for coming, pretty boy.”
She pointed to the exit, gestured where he she expected him to be going at this very moment.

@zoe4564

1 Like

Austin

“Well Ruy, why dont you find a new spot on one of those oh so comfy couches. I’m most likely to die before you so let me enjoy this view.” I smile slightly and take off my stupid brace. “Actually you can have this spot, I’ll go to my actual favourite spot over there.” I respond walking over to a green couch and sitting down.

@AtlasFlameAi

1 Like

Dr. Torresi
Charlie walked through the hall, clipboard in hand until she reached her office. “Alright. That’s all my appointments done for today.” She muttered to herself. She hung up her clipboard and took a sip of water from her water, then left the room, ready for her lunch break. She walked to the elevators and went down to the ground floor, going straight to the cafeteria. She grabbed herself a sandwich and looked around for somewhere to sit, spotting one of her patients sitting alone. She walked over to him and placed down her tray. “Hey Seth, mind if I join you?” She asked him.
@zoe4564 - Seth

Sophie
Sophie looked in the mirror, adjusting her pigtails until she was certain they were even. She made sure to adjust them twice on each side, just how she liked it. She looked down at her pink heart necklace and smiled, remembering her parents. Even though they texted everyday, she hadn’t seen her parents in a while because one of them had the flu. Bored, she put her headphones on and began to wander through the halls, studying every poster and sign that she could find.
Approachable

Riley
Riley lay down on their bed, trying to read a book. After putting it down for the sixth time, they sighed, frustrated. Nope. Can’t do it. Not right now. They sat up slowly, fluffing their hair after they stood up. They changed out of their pajamas, putting on a pair of black jeans and a grey t shirt over their binder. Riley walked out of their room, and through the halls, staying attentive for anyone who might be trying to get their attention. They looked into one room and saw a girl texting. Noticing her cochlear implants, they knocked on the door and waved to get her attention.
@zoe4564 - Allison

Aidan
Jace: Aidan, wake up. Aidan woke up, keeping his head on his pillow as he debated listening to his younger alter. Aidan: Do I have to? He questioned, turning over onto his stomach. Jace: Yes. Now are you going to do it yourself or do I have to make you? He rolled his eyes, reluctantly lifting himself off his pillow and sitting up, adjusting his beanie. He got out of bed and walked over to the couch in his room, sitting down with his phone.
Approachable

Blaire
Blaire transferred out of her bed into her chair, determined to spend some time in the day doing something other than sleeping and physio. She wheeled to a vending machine and got herself a bottle of gatorade, hoping that it would be enough to give her some energy. She used the scrunchie on her wrist and tied her hair up into a messy bun. She wheeled to the elevator, getting in and going to the cafeteria, picking a table and sitting at it, drinking her gatorade.
Approachable

2 Likes

:green_heart: Jade Woods

“Sit up, you little rat! Can you do anything right?”
Jaiden laid in bed, looking up at her father’s face. She glanced at everyone else to see is they saw what she was seeing, but no. They all seemed fine- or as fine as they could get, anyway.
Jaiden sat up, and her father stared at her, with a cold hatred. She glared back.
Eight, sixteen, twenty-four-
“I’m doing something,” she said to him, and he simply laughed. “Never thought that you would be able to do anything, Jaiden.”
She reached out to slap him, but fell face-first onto the ground.
She got up, still seething, and walked up to the window. She saw a few ruined building near by, one of them burning…
Thirty-two, forty, forty-eight…
But it couldn’t have been burning…
She rubbed her eyes and flopped down onto the bed. It was so weird. Did they not see the building? Why weren’t there any firetrucks or police? She glanced over at the internet again, and saw that it was her house… she jumped. Her house wasn’t nearby! How was this possible?
In all this, she lost track of her counting. She tried to start again. Thirty-two… what, was it fifty-six? Ugh! Now I have to start over. Eight, sixteen…
She tried not to look at the burning building, tried to ignore it like everyone else. But it was hard. So hard to count and watch. But she needed to do this. If she cared about Andy, she would keep going.
Twenty-four, thirty-two, forty, forty-eight, fifty-six…

#Approachable

2 Likes

Seth

I look up and shrug. “I guess.” I open my apple juice and take a sip of it. “So theres supposed to be more teens coming to the ward this week?” I ask Dr. Torresi. More people means more chaos. Though there might be a few who sneak in some drinks I thought while eating some of my food. Who knows more people could go both ways. I remember coming here and there already being quite a few people. I glance around the cafeteria and sigh.

Allison

Out if the corner of my eye I see someone waving at the door. “Hi” I say while waving hello, “I’m Allison new deaf girl who wishes she had her bulter at the moment.” I shrug and put my phone down. Putting my hair up into a quick bun, I stretch out my legs. “I can stop signing if you want, I’m just used to doing it while talking.”

@Caticorn

1 Like

Dr. Torresi
“Thank you.” Charlie said, sitting down. She took a bite of her sandwich and swallowed it, nodding. “Yeah, there are.” She answered, shrugging. No point in lying. She thought to herself. “I wouldn’t worry about it though.” She reassured him. “It shouldn’t interfere with your treatment, I don’t think.”

Riley
Riley watched as Allison introduced herself, tensing up when she said she’d stop signing.
“No!” They quickly answered, wanting to make sure their point got across. They turned their head sideways, showing her their hearing aids. “Please. I’m hard of hearing. I can hear some of what you’re saying, but I’d prefer it if you could also sign.” They explained to her, signing as they spoke. “I’m Riley. It’s nice to meet you.”
@zoe4564

2 Likes

Seth

“I dont need any treatments. My medication sucks since I cant get high off of it. Oh dont see the point of getting counseling for both my drug addiction and bipolar.” I shrug and play with my red band. I open my large chocolate bar and take a bite out of it before putting on my hoodie. When did I start spilling my guts to people? I question myself while rolling my eyes

Allison

“Ok I wont. It’s harder to stop anyways.” I smile. “Nice to meet you Riley. So your hard of hearing? If you don’t mind me asking when did you lose most of your hearing?” I pause for a second before telling them. “I started losing all my hearing when I was 11. At the age of thirteen is was entirely gone.” I sigh remembering how hard it was.

@Caticorn

1 Like

Elias Occitan
I had been one of the few that had been here basically from the get-go. When I had moved to Boulder to live with my aunt after my parents kicked me out I was pretty much eminently admitted here seeing as my heart was only getting worse. Lately, there had been a steady incline in teen patients. I could still remember when there were only maybe three or four other people here when I came. Back then there was always enough staff to go around always someone there the second you needed them but as the population of teens increased clearly the number of free nurses and staff had decreased. I sat near the waiting room my oxygen tank close at hand but currently not in use as I watched people come and go there were a couple somewhat familiar faces but most were new. I quickly tired of watching the flood of faces and decided on what would hopefully be some peace and quiet on the roof. I wasn’t the most social guy in fact I was a small framed shy guy who tended to keep to himself. I would have no friends at all if Landon hadn’t talked to me on one of my first days and eventually got me to warm up to him before introducing me to a few other people. I took the elevator to the roof and thought about how much chaos there would be now as more and more people came.
approachable

Easton Lee Jaxson
I stood at the front desk with my stepmom, Karen, she seemed to care more about me than either of my real parents did which is concerning. I mean it didn’t take much to care more about me than either of them. My mother was abusive, to say the least, and she was the one that I spent most of the time with, thank you court, my father, on the other was perpetually out of the country and he calls it a business trip but I know that isn’t the truth. I had medical issues before now so the hospital wasn’t really something new for me but I had never felt like this when I came here before. Karen walked to my room with me and kept insisting she help me unpack but there wasn’t really anything to unpack so she decided she should leave and that she had other things she needed to get done that were more important than sitting around here with her stepson. I threw my bag down on my bed and sat on the edge of the boys thinking.
Approachable

Approachable

Jasper Reece
This was the first hospital that I had been to rehab facilities, on the other hand, there were dozens of those I had been to none had I ever successfully finished. I guess that is why when I was caught with drugs this place was part of my parole. It was needless to say that I would rather be anywhere but here but I walked side by side with two fully dressed officers to what would be my room. I only had my backpack and a duffel bag of clothes and possession. Unfortunately, there were no drugs in either because both had been thoroughly searched. The only good thing about being here was that I was hooked on prescription drugs and being in a hospital would give me easy access to them. As the police left I decide to roam the halls it wasn’t like I had anything better to do. I didn’t particularly come here to make friends but maybe depending on who they were, I wouldn’t shut down a friend completely. So I wandered the halls hoping for some kind of entertainment.
Aproachable

1 Like

Dr. Torresi
“Seth, your medication and counselling are part of your treatment for both your addiction and your bipolar disorder.” She explained to him, picking up on his reluctance. “You get counselling for both because they’re two separate issues. They both require different forms of counselling.”

Riley
“Thank you.” They thanked her, smiling, entering the room. “I started losing my hearing in high school. By the time I was sixteen, I had lost 60% of my hearing. It’s only getting worse from there. In a few years, I’ll be completely deaf.” They explained, leaning against the wall. “It doesn’t really bother me though. My dads and my brother are learning sign language so that they’ll be able to communicate with me. I have a question though. What was it like getting your cochlear?”

@zoe4564

2 Likes

Ruy Reckett

She folded her arms. “Actually, I wanted you to leave the rooftop. I like my solitude but…”

I’m most likely to die before you so let me enjoy this view.”

She remember him saying something like that and looked away. Well if was going to die then she might as well let him enjoy his last moments. She sucked in a breath. Don’t worry Ruy he’s bout to die show him some kindness. “So… you scared?”

@zoe4564 - Austin

2 Likes

Seth

“It all sucks though.” I look down at my food and continue to eat. “At least there isnt any punishments for missing the group therapy stuff. I hate being there. But again so does everyone else in this ward.” I sigh and rub my tattoo.

Allison

“Wow that’s pretty tough. High school is really hard and having to deal with losing hear at the same time is probably worse.” I frown. “Getting my implants was a long process. Many appointments just to get qualified for them and many after that to prepare for them. The recovery and relearning how to understand things is longer and more tiring.” I sigh.

@Caticorn

1 Like

Austin

“I assume your new. Just like highschool, newbies dont boss around those who’ve been here since the start.” I roll my eyes. Weird analogy but it works. I look out at the familiar view and take a deep breath in. “I’m not scared. Well I’m scared about losing my leg to cancer and then not being able to play soccer for a few years, but that’s all.”

@AtlasFlameAi

2 Likes

Dr. Torresi
“I know it sucks, but eventually, it will help you.” She explained, taking another bite out of her sandwich. “Just because there are no repercussions, doesn’t mean that you should skip out on group. I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but talking it out with other people who are going to similar things as you helps.” She noticed him rubbing his tattoo. “Is there a meaning behind your tattoo?” She asked, curious.

Riley
“Well, my hearing loss is part of Ménière’s Disease, so as much as that sucked, the vertigo spells sucked more.” They explained, shrugging. The watched her explain about her implants and nodded. “Like I said, my dads and my brother are learning to sign, but I was given the option of a CI when I was sixteen. I said no. It wasn’t something I wanted my dads to have to pay for.”
@zoe4564

1 Like

Aidan
Aidan stood up, stretching his back. He put a hoodie on and left his room, walking through the halls. He turned the corner and spotted a guy who also seemed to be wandering. Jace: He looks like the guys who used to beat you up. Aidan rolled his eyes, walking towards the guy. Jace: Nuh uh. No way. Let me handle this.
(Jace)
Jace walked up to the guy and gave him a short wave. “Hey. What’s up?” He asked, putting his hands in his pockets.
@fal.renet1398 - Jasper

1 Like

Ruy Reckett

She ignored his comment beforehand and rolled her eyes.

“I’m not scared. Well I’m scared about losing my leg to cancer and then not being able to play soccer for a few years, but that’s all.”

She looked at him like he’d lost his mind. “Why are you making such a big deal about dieing if all your losing is your leg.”
Well if he hadn’t already lost it.

@zoe4564

1 Like

Jasper
I nod back to this kid he didn’t seem bad at least as of right now. “Not too much I am kind of new here,” I say as I look this kid over he didn’t exactly look the type of the way he was acting but who was I to judge him based on this one meeting. “Hey, what’s your name Im Jasper.” I wanted to know at least the name of one person in this hell hole even if we probably would never talk after this.
@Caticorn