So, I’m sure all of the Brits and Irish folk on here have heard that Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, died on the 9th April 2021, aged 99
He was Queen Elizabeth’s husband, as well as the father to their four children: Princess Anne, Prince Charles, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward.
Bit of backstory on him
- He was born in Greece, however his family was exiled from there when he was only 18 months old.
- He was educated in Fance, Germany and the United Kingdom
- He joined the Royal Navy in 1934, and served in the second world war
- He married Elizabeth on 20 November 1947
- He was a sports enthusiast, and helped develop carriage riding
Alright, so feel free to share your opinions on this!
Personally, I didn’t know he existed until the uproar came around his death
However, I’m interested to hear what those who knew him better think! :]