Let’s get down to business to defeat the Hun
WELCOME TO ART ACADEMY, HOSTED BY MOI!
You might be wondering, what is this? How can I join? Is this going to fail like all your other threads? ( gee thanks for your confidence in me ) Are you even qualified to do this?
WELL MOST OF THOSE QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSEWERED -
I have since discovered art school is useless and it’s better to learn art now then on my own than pay out of my pocket and go back to the prison known as school. And I’m fairly confident you all believe the same.
Here this is the Academy of self which means I’m not teaching you how to draw but I’m giving you the resources to learn how to draw. Which is even better. Here you will learn art basics from the great minds of Youtube Art Channels.
I can guarantee that if you stay throughout this academy which is updated daily in order for you to grow. By dedicating 2 - 20 (15 - 2.5 hours per day on average) hours per week we can whip ourselves to shape to be talented artists.
You will be given assignments, projects and tests in order to keep on learning an dgrowing in your art. And don’t groan or tell me you don’t have time because I’m not checking it. It’s a self thing you engage with. You can take all the lessons and skip the assignments or prompts I post (i don’t reccomend) or do one assignment every now and again or do all of them. It’s ALL up to you.
Now you’re wondering who the master is your learning from, it’s very simple. Your art peers. Not me (I’m just starting to draw) but the artists on pinterest, of your profile picture, etc. etc. You are not learning from me, you are learning from resources and studying from fellow artists. This is more of a self study group. We are growing together!!
Now what are we learning?
Semester One : Fundamentals of the Fundamentals of Art (aka the very very beginner)
we will be learning and studying-
Now before you come at me with: 'My art style is…", “This is so basic…”, “I’m already passed this stage…” lemme do quick Q&A
What do I need anatomy for? I do a cartoony art style
- Before you mess with unique anatomy or self created anatomy styles you must learn basic human anatomy. once you learn basic human anatomy you can begin to alter it to fit your style. Anatomy is crucial.
I’m passed this point, what to do?
- Review, study with us or just wait until we reach your level.
I don’t want to draw humans, are there are other lessons?
- Just wait till we pass anatomy or add these lessons into your arsenal (:
Are you qualified / can we see your art?
- No and no This is a study group, I will provide resources I find I am not teaching you but over time I will share my art and I hope you will too as you progress
What can I share on this thread?
- Your art in response to prompts or lessons or resources I share, any growth, anything!! Feel free to fill up this thread but make sure it relates to art, art growth and art tips let’s ge tthis thing actibe
When does this start??
- Today (: