| Star Trek: The Oblivion |
“Is bzzt reading me? This is Capta- bzzt of the USS Herald. We are in need of assis- bzzt. It was supposed to be a rescue bzzt but we don’t even know what it is. Please, find us-”
✦ Captain ?̬̲͍̣͠͡?̡̺͕͍͜?̛͓̣͖͖̟͈̟ of the USS Herald ✦
Aboard the USS Spectator, there lies a talented and brilliant crew without glory. The ship has no notable achievements, no outstanding missions, and no infamous battles under their belt. In fact, the ship has only been in commission for about two months, with the only interesting part of their journey a quick stop at a space station. To Starfleet, the USS Spectator is just a newcomer to the game with little worth to stake on. In fact, it’s most well-known for being the castaway ship, where all the “useless” Starfleet officers are assigned to remain spectators within space. No one wants to be trapped there and most transfer out in just a few weeks to find greater opportunities.
However, when the USS Herald sends a distress signal and they happen to be the only ones around, it becomes a chance to prove themselves and their capabilities to Starfleet. A once-in-a-century opportunity to launch them into greatness and show the fleet what the USS Spectator can become. What starts off as a seemingly simple, yet worrying rescue mission for the loose team turns into a twisted journey where the only ones they may be able to trust are each other. With a new discovery in their hands that threatens to change everything they knew, the USS Spectator must choose whether to fight a growing darkness or resolve into the fold of history once again.
“What are you willing to give to the dark? What are you willing to hide from the light?”
✶ Unknown Transmission ✶
Welcome aboard the USS Spectator! Here you serve as a crew member on one of the most intolerable ships within Starfleet, whether this is your last chance or the only ship available for you to join. Most people see the USS Spectator as nothing more than a gnat amongst giants, but you should never underestimate the scorned.
The main storyline for this is that the ship uncovers a distress signal from the renowned and well-respected USS Herald. While this event won’t happen for a while to allow time to socialize with other characters and adjust to the sci-fi setting, it will kick off a drastic series of events that will force your characters in perilously ominous situations.
Because of this, expect some moments where SG elements come into play and be wary of who you trust and the clues you are given. Not every sign is a good one.
Before we get started, I would like to ask you all to reserve one role, as this is an RP with limited space and I would like to allow as many people to join as possible. Therefore, everyone will start off with one character and a reserved role for that character. And on a final note here, you do not need to know a lot about Star Trek to get started! Any and all questions are welcomed and you can keep things vague if needed, no need to go on a Wiki hunt for specific details!
✧ rules ✧
- No godmodding and Mary Sues in the RP
- Please censor and provide a TW for any sensitive topics!
- Before reserving for a role, check the role list to ensure it is not taken beforehand
- Try and keep things PG-13 if possible, but use fade-to-black if needed
- Have fun and feel free to PM me about suggestions/plotlines you’d like to see!
☆ available roles ☆
All roles are currently taken, but if you still wish to join you can ask and I could make another role for your character!
Commanding Officer [Captain][@ethereal]
Chief Operations Officer[@firefly]
Chief Security Officer[@ghostea]
Advanced Systems Specialist[@astralis]
Chief Medical Officer[@Ataraxia]
Chief Research Officer[@Acorn06]
Last Updated: N/A
✧ sign-up template ✧
sign-up info | read first
Before signing up, I’d like to list some things out for clarification and to specify!
- Any and all Star Trek species are acceptable for this roleplay, alongside the possibilities for hybrids, androids, and anything similar.
- For age, I would ask that your character is above 18 years old (in human years). However, if you are looking to create a child prodigy, please ask first beforehand!
- For the “Reason for Assignment,” please note that this can be anything from “assigned due to lack of space on other ships” or “discharged from previous ship due to misconduct” >:)) be creative if you want to, but nothing inappropriate or triggering please!
- Faceclaims do not have to be real people if inapplicable to your character. You are free to use resources such as ArtBreeder and Picrew if needed!
- Finally, for “Abilities/Skills,” I simply ask that you input nothing too overpowered or god-like! Try and keep it within reasonable range and allow other characters a way to bypass it or minimize the damage
Reason for Assignment: