I’ve recently decided to make a comic with my friend. She’s an incredible artist and I’m an ambitious writer who’s looking for some practice and has way too much free time on her hands.
I haven’t come up with everything for the story (honestly it’s more like the basic outline). Of course I plan on reading everything I can about story writing and character development. Basically what this post is for is some advice/questions for writers AND readers. Everyone’s opinion matters as I really do want to make this as amazing as I can. Here are the questions:
- Should I write the entire story beforehand or should I write it one chapter at a time?
- How much detail should I put into the minor/side characters?
- Should I even include romance?
- I have two ideas, each a different genre. One would be a comedy that ends in a sad ending. The other’s something more based around action/fantasy.
- What is your opinion on more than one season?
- What is your opinions on love triangles?
All of this stuff would help me out a lot! Please feel free to give me any other advice or give your opinion on some other things that annoy you so I can try to avoid those things.