The death penalty

:flushed:

It’s scary that the world is still like this! :pensive:

1 Like

I definitely don’t agree with the death penalty in any circumstances. Not only is there always a chance that someone could be wrongly convicted and therefore an innocent person loses their life. But also, in my point of view, there is a fault in the logic of the process. For instance, serial killers took their victims lives, because of their own judgement and choices. It’s something that has always been said that no human has the right to decide to take a life/lives. And yet, that is exactly what executioners do. They take lives based on human decision.
For all intents and purposes, whoever chooses to kill a person… is just as bad as any other person who chooses to kill someone. In using the death penalty it’s reducing humanity to the level of those who are being killed.

1 Like

I’m honestly fascinated by the death penalty and last meals.

1 Like

Bump

Um, no, but not for the criminal’s sake. I just would like to see them rot in prison where they belong, not at the hands of a needle, getting out so easy.

1 Like

Only give them the death penalty if they don’t feel remorse and gladly want to live their life in prison.

Then don’t give them that chance to live if they’d like to.

No, idk I just don’t vibe with the death penalty for anybody
For one, way too much margin for error. George Stinney was the youngest kid ever executed in America and HE DIDN’T EVEN COMMIT THE CRIME HE WAS ACCUSED OF

And it isn’t just that, the whole idea just doesn’t rub me the right way.

1 Like

Yeah. He was fourteen, wasn’t he?

1 Like

yeah convincted in 10 minutes smh
exonerated 70 years later, doesn’t matter tho 'cause it doesn’t resurrect him

I was 14 not so long ago like I could’ve been like him if I was born a few decades earlier
smh makes me mad

I don’t like the death penalty for a whole lot of different reasons. For starters, I don’t think it works as a deterrent particularly well. Perhaps there are some cases where I’d be okay with it being used, but the limit would certainly have to be a lot higher than it is now for me to even think about that. My biggest issue with it is that so many people get wrongly convicted of crimes that we can’t even be sure that people are being executed for the right reasons. That is completely wrong and completely unfair.

1 Like

I think that the death penalty serves a very specific purpose—which is why it’s always been reserved for pretty extreme crimes. I’m not a fan of the death penalty in general, but I definitely don’t think that it should be used for anything that was not incredibly serious and could not be proven to have been committed by the accused person. I think the major case I can think of where I would at least understand it is if the person would pose a significant threat to society and would risk other people’s lives if they were not executed.

@Discussions ~ what do you think about this? :eyes:

3 Likes

THISSSS

1 Like

Exactly

I would say the death penalty should be given to those who are serial killers. They are a true threat to society in my opinion.

1 Like

Yeah

1 Like

I mean either way the justice system can’t be trusted. Someone gets accused of murder and they lose in court but they’re not actually guilty yet in their state they get the death penalty… Yeah, that’s really really bad.
Or, we just outlaw the death penalty and a really bad serial killer gets caught, then goes to jail but either gets a lesser sentence way down the line and is able to get out… or they just straight up escape.

1 Like

Yep, they need to be punished for the type of killer they are. It’s different when it comes to killing on the run. They actually hunt their kills down usually.

1 Like

The sheer rate of innocent people put on death row in the US is one of my biggest issues with the death penalty. We shouldn’t sentence people to death for something we can’t even concretely say that they did.

2 Likes

Here’s something to get you thinking.

1 Like