The International Song Contest 🎇 RP 🎇 Sign-Ups

The International Song Contest

“Ladies, gentlemen, and everything in between, it is finally time for this year’s annual International Song Contest!”

The world watched as the ad intruded on every channel and every social media platform there was. Interrupting everyone who had just been lazily looking at the screen before Crystal Dlamini, Hyun Young, and William Watts appeared in their flamboyant costumes.

The International Song Contest had been an annual occurrence for almost ninety years and was at this point one of the most prestigious contests you could win, guaranteeing you great success and, of course, the one million dollar cash prize. The three smiling people on the screen were good examples of where this competition could take you if you won. They had all been contestants some years ago and were now global superstars with more money than they would ever be able to spend in a lifetime.

The thought of winning was a pipe dream for most people around the world, since it was incredibly hard to even get chosen to be one of the contestants - and it was nearly impossible to win.

But somehow … you managed to become one of the lucky few contestants.

You get a free plane ticket over to Paris, where the contest is held this year, and you also get a room at one of the city’s most luxurious hotels - The Viridian. All of the other contestants will be living there as well, making you constantly aware of your competition.

At the beginning of every week, you will be given a theme. It’s then up to you to find a song that fits the theme and create your performance of the week. You have to decide what the stage will look like, your back-up dancers’ choreography, what you’ll wear - everything.

During the week, you will also be visited by journalists, talk-show hosts, fans, and so on. Then, you will be able to convey what you’re like in real life.

At the end of the week, you will perform your song in one of the world’s largest arenas, as well as the billions of people watching on their TVs. The three judges (Crystal Dlamini, Hyun Young, and William Watts) will then critique not only your singing, but also your behavior during that week, as well as your over-all image. They’re not only looking for the world’s best singer - they’re looking for the world’s next superstar that’s got it all!

The judges then pick the two contestants they feel have been the least charismatic and/or talented during that week and let the viewers at home vote on who should get thrown out of the competition. This is where your likeability comes in. The viewers are much more likely to want someone they like to stay.

Do you have what it takes to win? And what price are you willing to pay to be the world’s next superstar?

RULES
  • You will write your posts in the past tense and in the third person’s perspective.
  • You will not get angry if you get eliminated - it’s a risk you take if you want to be a part of this roleplay!
  • Two (or more) characters can only be from the same country if they’re in the same group.
  • You are not allowed to godmod journalists/talk-show hosts/fans reactions to your character.
  • You are allowed to sign up as a maximum of two characters, but they have to be two different genders.
  • Two characters cannot have the same voice.
  • You are not allowed to make time-skips without my permission!
  • I will probably add more rules later on.

RESERVATIONS

Judges:

• @/benitz786 - Hyun Young - South Korea - Jennie from BLACKPINK
  • @/deadly.moonlight - Crystal Dlamini - South Africa - Nancy Wilson
  • @/cuteswede - William Watts - England - The Weeknd

Female Characters:

• @/TL_DR - NAME - Israel - Mandy Harvey
  • @/melancholy - NAME - Iraq - Au/Ra
  • @/CerealKiller - Eleanor Hardy - England - Jess Glynne
  • @/eclipseis - NAME - USA - Sabrina Carpenter
  • @/elgenbloskenwriter22 - NAME - India - Lauren Jauregi
  • @/Kbail - Pricilla Newman - Canada - Tori Kelly
  • @/WhiteBlossom - NAME - The Netherlands - SINGER
  • @/GlitterFist - NAME - Mali - Jennifer Hudson

Male Characters:

• @/elgenbloskenwriter22 - NAME - Mexico - SINGER
  • @/CerealKiller - NAME - Austalia - Ed Sheeran
  • @/WhiteBlossom - NAME - The Netherlands - SINGER
  • @/TL_DR - NAME - COUNTRY - Alec Benjamin
  • @/melancholy - NAME - Ireland - AJ Mitchell
  • @/Laronie - NAME - Argentina - Alexander Stewart
  • @/Madilnel - Arkiham “Arki” Bosate - Wales - Blackbear
  • @/Kbail - Samiel Amadi - Ethiopia - Khalid

SIGN-UP FORM

Click HERE.

FACECLAIMS

Click HERE.

@CerealKiller @GlitterFist @TL_DR @melancholy @benitz786 @deadly.moonlight @BlackBlood

9 Likes

Feel free to start reserving the countries you want your character’s to come from!

I also have some questions for you …

To the people who volunteered to be judges:

There are two judges that need someone to roleplay as them: Crystal Dlamini from South Africa and Hyun Young from South Korea. The only thing you need to keep in mind while creating their characters is that their faceclaims should make sense with their ethnicities. Other than that, you can make their personalities be whatever you like. I will be roleplaying as Willaim Watts from England.

There were three of you who said you could roleplay as a judge, but I really only need two. So my question is - do all three of you still want to be judges, or do you not want to anymore, or does it not matter to you?

And just so you know - being a judge means that you’ll have to be very active as well as observant! Your character will also co-exist with all the other characters and also live at the hotel - they wouldn’t just appear when it’s time to judge and then disappear again. If you feel like you won’t be able to manage that, please reconsider signing up as a judge.

I think I made that sound a lot more complicated than it actually is. :sweat_smile:
All you really need to do is go around and talk to the people you want to talk to during the week, and then judge the contestants based on what you think your character would think at the end of the week.
You don’t need to know everything all the time! :joy:

• I still want to be a judge
  • I don’t want to be a judge anymore
  • It doesn’t matter to me

0 voters

And to everyone!

Do you guys think that people who are roleplaying as judges should also be allowed to roleplay as contestants?

It might be slightly unfair, since these people then can make sure that their characters’ competitors leave the competition just to make sure that their character wins.

However, there are ways to make sure that judges don’t abuse their powers, like for example instating a rule that prevents people who are judges and contestants from winning. Or we could just trust that these people won’t judge in their own favor.

I would personally really like to roleplay as a contestant as well as a judge, but I just want to make sure that everyone feels like they’re treated fairly! :sweat_smile:

So what do you guys think?

• The judges shouldn’t also roleplay as contestants
  • The judges can roleplay as contestants, but cannot win
  • The judges can roleplay as contestants, and have as much of a chance to win as anyone else

0 voters

3 Likes

One female reserve please

Sure, which country would your character come from? :blush:

1 Like

Can I reserve a female from Israel? ^^

Yes! :blush:

1 Like

Question
Do we need to find like actual “voice claims”?

1 Like

Noooo dammit TL
You don’t even live here dushaidnakzn

Reserve a female from the uk

Ughhhh :sneezing_face: Choose a flag

:ireland: :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

:nigeria: :iraq: :iran:

Yeah, the easiest way of doing so would be to pick a pretty well-known singer, since they tend to have a lot more content out there.

For example, Whitney Houston might have a wide selection of songs about lots of different things, while a youTuber or something might just have a few songs. :blush:

2 Likes

I’ll reserve the voice Ellise in that case

1 Like

Oh, what makes you think I’ll be able to choose?! :grimacing:

Hm … I guess I’ll choose Iraq, then. :thinking:

1 Like

haha, sounds fine.

Female, Voice is Ellise and Country is Iraq

^^ Just for reference

Can I reserve a female from England?

1 Like

Got it! :blush:

1 Like

Sure! :blush:

1 Like

Wait, actually…

@CerealKiller what country in UK? (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Island)

1 Like

Yay! Also, just to know (since I have life stuff going on) when you plan to start this RP?

England lol
Oof