The Most Unethical Business

I’m doing ethics in my business course at the moment and honestly some businesses are shady af. It’s easier to find an unethical business than it is to find an ethical one.

So what do you guys think is the least ethical business and why?

7 Likes

(Almost) Every business is unethical in some ways, it’s hard to say which one is the most unethical :eyes::sparkles::green_heart::no_mouth:

2 Likes

Exactly :joy: but it’ll be fun to debate

Nestle have done some pretty bad stuff

2 Likes

It’s McDonalds

McDonalds are scary

1 Like

Why? :eyes::sparkles:

2 Likes

Or Disney :eyes:

1 Like

Or…

it’s too scary

amazon

1 Like

Amazon is freaking terrifying

1 Like

Why? :eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

Disney literally changed copyright law to stop Mickey Mouse from moving to public domain.

What makes you think they don’t have the power to change other laws?

2 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

1 Like

Ehem so many essays I have done to answer this

They treat their staff so badly they have to clock off if they go to the toilet which means it is reduced from their wage and if they take too much time they get fired and it’s not a long amount of time! They also get fired if they are like a minute late. Also the laws with zero hours contracts mean you are not in for a fun time.

4 Likes

But why do people still work for them then? :eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

So many ex employees have described working there as hell

Authoritarian leadership

Not fun

3 Likes

they need the money and they’ll employ anyone

2 Likes

They have the money to employ soooo many people and they can easily replace those who leave. These people are desperate.

3 Likes

This ^ In this economy, is not a very good question. Finding a job is too difficult nowadays for most peple to be picky about it

4 Likes

Most people don’t have folks they can rely on until they get their feet on the ground

2 Likes

So they end up stuck in a crappy zero hours contract job :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

There are many evils on this planet

Zero hours contracts are one of them

2 Likes