The National November Writing Month

National November Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is an annual event where writers participate to write a total of 50,000 words from November 1 to November 30. To win this is simple: reach the expected word count by the end of the month. To do that, you have to write 1,667 words per day… or you can do more instead.

NaNoWriMo is only days away now. Some of us have already done their preparations, while some are just ready without one. Either way, we’re all gonna be brought to one website to confirm the daily word count we’ve accomplished and hopefully get the same goal why we’re participating!

• Have you participated in a NaNoWriMo yet? Did you reach the word count goal?
  • Will you particate this year?
  • If so, will you write a new novel or rewrite your draft?
  • Do you think the event is helpful or worth it in a way? Why?
  • Other than NaNoWriMo itself, have you participated in other events or programs the organization offers?

I haven’t participated in a NaNoWriMo yet. Actually, I was planning to join next month, but school suddenly got in a way so I don’t see myself doing that anymore. I joined Camp NaNoWriMo back in July (?), but things got a little rough and I wasn’t able to meet my word count goal (which is 50,000).

I think this event helpful, especially when you want to actually finish a novel already. It makes you want to sit down and just write to meet your expectations. Assuming we don’t procrastinate, we already have a draft we “only” need to edit in the following months that we have before the next one. It makes me happy just to think about it, honestly!

@Writers

8 Likes

Interesting :thinking:

1 Like

Ive never heard of this actually. It seems kinda interest in. So all you have to do is wrote 50000 words by the end of the month? So is everyone that does it automatically a winner?

1 Like

Yup! NaNoWriMo isn’t actually a competition, but rather an event to help writers on writing. You should try it!

1 Like

oh ok, I’ll definitely look into it :))

1 Like

I just can’t get over the fact that the National Novel Writing Month happens to be the month when my depression kicks in the hardest :kissing:

Hey @Nil, are these competitions still going? If they are, would there be one this November?

1 Like

Yes, I believe there will be :eyes: though this isn’t a competition, it’s more of like a… let’s say “discipline activity” for the writers xDDD

1 Like

Oooooh… Okay.

1 Like