The secrets of Weython Island - Official Thread

Genre: Mystery, Action, slightly puzzle-ish.

Story:

Weython Island is a well-known place for wealthy and important people to visit. it is a small island in the Atlantic Ocean where the weather always seems to be nice and it rarely rains.

There is 1 hotel on the island, and getting a room is very difficult.

Yet you succeeded and you arrive with a private jet on the island. you expect a full hotel, but it turns out to be completely deserted. there is no staff, no guests, no one except you. There are signs that guests and staff were present, but there is no sign of life now. What makes matters worse is that you cannot reach anyone outside the island and the plane you came with is set on fire.

The island has a legend about the wealthy Marcus Weython who first bought the island for himself. after his death, his family transformed it into an elite vacation destination. Legend has it that somewhere on the island his secret project is hidden, and many have already tried to find it.

You also notice that after you arrive, the island shows signs of abnormal activities such as weird time frames, location swaps and other weird things. The island really seems to disorient you, making you end up on places you weren’t even trying to go.

There are three main goals on the island:
• find a way out
• find the hidden project
• find out who is sabotaging you, and why.

There are also a few dangers on the island:
• Hidden Characters who are sabotaging you
• Hidden areas.
• Terrain.
• Animals.

I will not kill any characters unless you guys tell me to do so by your own character. I will hurt them though.

The chance of your character getting injured in a dangerous situation depends on their importance which is random/ our of your hands.

Don’t get mad about this, I won’t make them have any permanent injuries and sometimes the island’s weird sense of time can speed up healing.

Rules:

Game rules:
You are allowed to:
• Explore (if you tag me so I can tell you what you find)
• Decide for yourself when it’s day and night.
• Have relationships, of course, if it’s too steamy, take it to PM
• Add your own drama.
• Add action as long as you tell me what you’re planning.
• Tell me if you want to help with playing a hidden character.

You aren’t allowed to:
• Kill or injured other characters without their consent.
• Decide on your own if you find something (of course stuff that have no value such as shells, twigs and little things are allowed)
• Have your characters have contact with people outside the island

Other Rules:
• In the PM and RP, be respectful to each other.
• Don’t attack someone’s character or way of playing. Friendly tips are allowed but keep it friendly and supportive!
• If you do find something offensive, TELL ME!
• You get only ONE warning and if you still act rude, you’ll get removed from the RP. I’m very stern about this. My rp’s are for fun, not to insult people!

Extra info on the Hidden characters:

Hidden characters can either be an extra character or your original character. You’ll get an additional role in the RP. it’s not an active role that will change everything you planned for, but it will give you the opportunity to add some action into the RP and plan interesting situations for other characters.

When you fill in the form, you can let me know if they are.

If you fill in the older sign, you can PM me if you want to have a hidden character after all.

Links:

FC:

Tags

@LunaticLeviTheSecond
@Mouschi
@Kat
@Littlefeets
@SilverKittrn
@Secretz
@unicornio
@TL_DR
@glxwingAngel
@paige
@ForeverAngel
@dearest
@_snowflake
@Laronie
@Skyler2
@L.C.R
@Aesthetic_epyy
@OhSumana
@Owertym
@Kbail

8 Likes

A new load of people, the same flight as always. Now I even recognize the differences in the ocean as a landmark. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve flown this already, but it’s not too bad.

The island comes into view in the distance and that is my cue to make announcement. "Ladies and gentlemen, this is where your pilot speaks. In a few minutes we will arrive on the island and so I am forced to decent the plane. To make sure this happens as we want it where we can all walk out completely unharmed, I’m going to need your help and I would like to ask you to go back to your seat, Close the storage room above you properly, set the chairs straight and the tables up "I say and wait for Alice’s sign that everything is alright before I start the descent. “To honour the origins of the Weython family and for the people who find the landing scary, please enjoy this music to really get in the mood,” I say and I start the song that I have been hearing for years and more not going crazy.

Landing will happen at 2020-05-12T09:00:00Z

5 Likes

picturetopeople.org-70b282e09f9ec6798d03501e2f931b05b9b71dc12aa6bde7d4
Waking up in the plane I shortly forgot where I was and why I was in the sky as soon as my eyes opened, but I quickly remebered and noticed I was hot. I looked down to see my big sweater, the one that was useful to me back in Scranton where the weather was cold when I left. Underneath the sweater I was wearing one of those plain white shirts so I just took it off. In my backpack I had a few items to help me beat boredom on flight. I picked out a book called “The fault in our stars”. Reading a book is not what I’d do at this moment, especially not a book about love, but I haven’t read this one yet, and since this is one of the most popular books currently few can judge my character based on it. I compiled a lot of things into my backpack to help me seem busy or be busy for the most of the flight otherwise I’d get extremely bored and a book is a good way to both seem busy, do something to distract myself and to make sure people won’t introduce themselves to me.

ORP: Approachable on the plane

4 Likes

Naito Miyoshi

It was long time since I was in the plane before. I and my girlfriend Seul-gi were going to Weython island on vacation. At first I was a little bit scared and worried, because last time I was on vacation didn’t turned excactly like I planed. But eventually I was able to calm down, maybe because Seul-gi was nex to me. Soon I fell asleep putting my head on Seul-gi’s shoulder, and wake up later hearing pilot’s voice through speakers. After I opened my eyes, I was a little bit disoriented about what is happening, but quickly remembered. “Sorry, I must have been very tired” I said and chuckled a little bit awkwardly. “Are we landing?” I added asking.

@OhSumana - Seul-gi

3 Likes

picturetopeople.org-6755b4691c7d495682ca8160a593573beae218867f906ad69e

As I sit in the plane and wait for arrival at the destination, my constant need for self-approval grows bigger causing my mood to drop from excitement and anticipation to boredom and sadness. I look around only to notice my reflection in the window. The reflection itself isn’t clear, nor consistant, but I can finally stop worrying about my hair not being presentable at the arrival. Hopelessly looking at my reflection surrounded by the clouds who seem to be much more visible than my face, I secretly await a woman, a person, anybody … to start talking with me.

ORP: Approachable

4 Likes

I gave Alec the okay but kept walking around to make sure everyone was alright. I was excited to start again after my week-long break. it has always been my joy to help the people in the hotel. guide them on the island and making sure everyone was enjoying themselves to the fullest. “Is everything as it should?” I ask to some random people.

Approachable

4 Likes

Seul-gi had heard about this island before. Weython Island, a spot for rich kids / people to spend their vacations in a luxurious way. After her promotion, Seul-gi had been working under pressure, even she had to work at home after she would come back from her shift. She seriously needed a break when Naito proposed to go on a vacation to weython Island. Because of both their past experiences, the simple word ‘Island’ crept Seul-gi out. Still she convinced herself to be optimistic and agreed for this trip. After all, Naito and Seul-gi needed some time alone, to enjoy their vacation together.
However, Naito drifted into sleep soon after they boarded on the plane. Seul-gi would do the same but she recalled that last time she fell asleep and woke up at the deserted island. A shiver ran down her spine. Maybe I’m just over thinking. Maybe we’ll land safely… - she convinced herself and stayed awake all thought the time. Naito got awaken by the announcement of the pilot. Seul-gi turned her head to her and gave her a smile. “It’s fine, you still look beautiful” she complimented her,“Yes… We are. Are you scared?” she asked

@owertym - Naito

2 Likes

Reece let out a deep sigh as he boarded on the airplane. Maybe leaving alone Rachelle, his 5 years old little daughter alone with her aunt was bad idea, maybe the trip itself was a bad idea. He would not decide to come unless his therapist had advised him to do this, to get out of his depression. I could just take her with me… what kind of father would leave his motherless daughter alone in a house and go on a vacation? Reece started to blame himself, calling himself selfish and irresponsible.
Adjusting his tie, Reece fished out his phone from his pocket. He turned it on just to look at the lockscreen that showed the picture of a perfect happy family - a loving husband, a beautiful wife and a little angel. This was his last picture with Penelope. Looking at the picture, Reece couldn’t but sigh

Approachable

1 Like

“Ok, after hours of waiting, we’re going to land soon. This should all be worth it, right?” I talked to myself. After the family drama I’ve been through, I can finally take a break from all this chaos. “Time to get some fresh air which I hope to have on this island.”

I looked at the window and every mile that passed by my sight, was a mile further from home. I’m just hoping that my mum is ok with everything, afterall, she was the one who persuaded me to take a break, saying that I “deserve” it. Although she deserved it more than I do, I’ not going to complaint. Will my father ever notice that I’m gone, I have no idea, but one thing I know for sure is that my stepmum will be thrilled to know that I’m gone. During this flight, I played some music in my head just to kill time, because why not? I also downloaded some movies to watch during the flight. Although I had to turn up the volume that I usually would, I still can live with it.

ORP: @LunaticLeviTheSecond

3 Likes

As I was ‘reading’ my book I kept looking back and forth between the lines of the sickly sweet romance that can only end in death and a kid that was sitting right next to me. The more I sneak a few peeks at him the more I know about him. First peek, he’s shy and uncomfotable with the situation. Second peek, he could be a lot like me, maybe has the same mental disorder. Third peek, he doesn’t seem to be covering his discomfort very well, he probably feels a great deal and those feelings are unpleasant and sad, I’d say he’s completely opposite from me. I don’t know what happened to me today but usually I read people like him much better. I stop reading my book, now too boring for me, as I gaze at him repeatedly to find out what problem keeps bugging him. As I gaze and focus fully on him, my gaze turns into a psychopathic look enough to scare anybody who’s the target of it.

@Secretz - I was thinking he would feel some weird presence and look back at Hank, who will not look away in discomfort.

3 Likes

The guy over there kept looking at me, from time to time, which made me kinda uneasy, but I kinda ignored him. He looked kinda scary, giving me the impression of the type of people I would stay away from. Those firery eyes on me, since the start of the flight. I’ve decided that I had enough, I stared back at him and gave him a good stare until he decides to turn his head away from me and leave me alone. Gosh, I hate it when people won’t leave me alone.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond

3 Likes

As I kept staring at him, he decided to look back. He probably felt a presence and looked back. Being caught creepily staring at somebody is uncomfortable, especially when you’re full on staring and with a sadistic, bewildered look. I had 3 options to do. Fight, flight or freeze. Flight meaning I would have to look away and pretend I was doing something else. But that would be as uncomfortable as unbelievable to bost of us. Fight meaning I would have to come up with a legitimate excuse why I was staring at him. For that, I didn’t have enough energy. So, I froze. Yes, I kept starring at him. Thinking about what I should do only added to the time the stare lasted.

@Secretz

3 Likes

That guy hasn’t stop! I gave up as I just pulled the strings of my hoodie untill all my face is covered. Not really the best way to deal with people but that should do the trick, for now, hopefully…

@LunaticLeviTheSecond

3 Likes

We stsrt the decent and soon we’re safely on the island. "Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived at our destination. You are now allowed to take your belongings and leave the aircraft. The hotel is only 5 minutes away by foot and the path to it is straight ahead when you leave the plain"I explain. “As for your suitcases, they will be outsode as well” I inform everyone.

hotel
ext

lobby

a834afabdd6f8a154e50a421a9aeffad

IRP:

when you enter the hotel, there is no staff, No one is at the front desk and it looks completely deserted.

You can take a key from the hotel to get a room but only if you tag me, so I know

tags

@LunaticLeviTheSecond
@Mouschi
@Kat
@Littlefeets
@SilverKittrn
@Secretz
@unicornio
@TL_DR
@glxwingAngel
@paige
@ForeverAngel
@dearest
@_snowflake
@Laronie
@Skyler2
@L.C.R
@Aesthetic_epyy
@OhSumana
@Owertym
@Kbail

7 Likes

Screenshot (1040)

The pilot’s announcement, accompanied with static noise suddenly woke up from sleep. I rubbed my eyes while my brain is slowly processing the message of the pilot. And now, the plane is about to land on the destination… Weython Island. I don’t even know whether I need this vacation or not, but I had no choice but to go with another one of Mom’s antics. I just hope this trip is worth exchanging for school.

I fastened my seatbelt and tucked my airpods to my ears to listen for some classical music. Now playing - Eine kleine Nachtmusik by Mozart. After that, I leaned towards the chair and relaxed. I brought out a mint candy and let it melt in my mouth.

Finally, we have now arrived into our destination. I took my bags in the upper compartment and went out of the plane to retrieve my check-in baggage. So this is what Weython Island looks like in the flesh. I tried to search images of Weython Island on the internet back in the past, but there are no available results. Is this island really that exclusive?

I first went to search for the crowd before proceeding to the hotel.

Approachable

3 Likes

hknml;k

Putting on his expensive sunglasses that hid the annoyed expression in his eyes, Jin left the aircraft. He, for sure, asked for a private jet to his father. Flying with all those annoying Co-passengers of the flight who constantly kept buzzing near his ears for more than an hour, without the ease of a private jet, was below his standards. ‘Yeah, yeah who wanted to stay inside that sh!thole anyway?’ he thought.
Jin pushed his hand inside his pocket and took out a cigar and gold plated lighter. He lit up the cigar the pushed the lighter back in his pocket. Finally he could have a smoke now. Jin gave a puff and Wales toward the hotel. The exterior of the huge hotel was - ‘nice’. As he passed through the entrance, he found the interior nicer. A nice hotel should have a cute, polite and doll faced girl at the front desk. This had always been the same. Jin’s mood could actually get a little better if he got to flirt with the receptionist a little.
But there was no luck. There was no one in the front desk, nor any employees in the lobby. Everything was nicely decorated but there was no human present there. “Guess what now! What kinda h€llhole is this!”, he exclaimed in a low voice cursing under his breath

Outfit

Approachable

1 Like

Woken up by pilot’s announcement about their landing on Weython Island, Max, still half asleep, took off his sleeping mask and stretched his body. It was always like this when he was traveling by plane. Once it took off, he simply passed out and slept through the whole flight.
It had many advantages, and the biggest one was that no one bothered him.
Ignoring the others around him, Max grabbed his belongings and quickly checked the state of his face and hair in the small travel mirror.
Perfecto.
Satisfied with his flawless look, he headed to the door and soon he was outside, enjoying fresh ocean air. Taking a deep breath, his smile widened. It had been a while since he had some time for himself.
But where is my luggage?
His eyes darted the other way, searching for his silver-colored luggage. Finally spotting it, he walked towards it but what confused him was that there was no staff around.
Wait… Did they really think he would carry all that stuff to the hotel on his own? No way.
“Hey, you!” He called choosing his victim, a man in his thirties standing nearby. “Yes, you! I need my luggage to be taken to the hotel.”

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Thomas

2 Likes

picturetopeople.org-6755b4691c7d495682ca8160a593573beae218867f906ad69e

Satisfying myself with my phone until the landing, I pocketed my possetions and took my handheld luggage with me. As I stood outside I realized this hotel, however glamurous and expensive it is, doesn’t have that much staff. He had to take care of his own luggage. ‘This is bullshit’ I thought. I looked at the hotel and said to myself ‘There’s no way I’m taking so many suitcases all that way and then I need to carry it all to my room. No f*****g way.’ I realised it wasn’t going to get done by itself so I sighed, and just as that happened I hear somebody loudly calling for somebody. I dart my eyes over to the base of sound to see what’s going on. There was only one man and eyes were pointed directly at me. He was far away so I couldn’t hear every word he said but I did catch a few. I think he said “Yes, you! … need luggage … take … hotel.” I sighed with relief when I pieced it together and realised the most probable scenario including thse words is the one where he take my luggage to the hotel for a twenty. I happily took my heavy luggage and bring it to him with a smile. I lay 2 suitcases on the ground next to him and put the third in his hand. “So how much will it be?” I knew nobody would do this for free and I was happy to oblige. I took the wallet out of my backpocket and waited for this guy to set his price.

@Laronie

2 Likes

Naito Miyoshi

I chuckled a little bit at her compliment, “Yeah, so do you” I said smiling at her. I tought a little bit before answering her question. “I am little bit scared” I admited, “But it’s gonna be okay, right? We are about to land, so even if we gonna crash again… We are in the right place, right?” I said thinking.
Suddenly pilot made another annouchment and I was relieved. The plane landed and everyrone started to gathering their things and leaving the plane. “See? Everything is fine” I said and got up from my seat.

@OhSumana - Seul-gi

1 Like

I woke up suddenly as the plane landed, pulling off my sleep mask to see the bright, tropical view out the window. I looked around my surroundings, and saw several people socializing and getting ready to get off the plane. I was tired, so I decided not to really meet anyone yet since I just don’t have the energy for it. I grabbed my bag, waiting to get off the flight. As I am leaving, I see the pilot, Alec, and flash a smile.
“Thank you.” I say, walking out of the plane and onto the runway. We all find our way to the hotel, a few people wandering off to explore the island first.
As we enter the large, and very nice looking hotel, I am quick to notice that the hotel is completely vacant. No guests, no staff, no people at all.
I jot this down in my notebook, in which I will keep all my records of how the hotel seems to be ran. And so far, they are not off to a great start.
I sit down on one of the many couches in the lobby, cracking open my book to try and pass the time while we wait for anyone to hand out our room keys.

@Meekepeek - Alec (mentioned)

Outfit

Approachable

2 Likes