Years ago, after the Third World War, the nation of Illea was founded. The country was formed from what was once the United States, and encompassed the remainder of North America. With a new country ruled by a monarchy, a new society came to be. Illea was split into 35 provinces, and a caste system was initiated. The caste system defines the lives of everyone in Illea. What caste you are decides what you can do, what opportunities you’ll have, and how others will view you. At the top, there’s the Ones, the royal family themselves, leading all the way to the lowest caste, the Eights, the homeless and those considered to be a drain on society. Your caste is who you are, and there’s little hope for changing that, unless a female were to marry into her husband’s caste, or a man were to be drafted into the military. However, there’s another way that only comes once in a generation. The Selection.
When the prince of Illea comes of age, the Selection begins. One girl between the ages of 16 and 20 is randomly selected from each province to come to the palace where they will have the opportunity to win the prince’s heart and become his wife and the princess of Illea. The only question is, which girl will win?
Alright everyone, to make this work out, there will often be situations requiring the cloning of characters.
For example, I will likely be responding for multiple interactions between the prince and the selected girls at the same time (ex. He may be on a date with one girl in one interaction, but I’m also posting for his interaction with a different girl at a different point in time.) For this reason, I request that if you have any specific plans your character may do that include the prince, please keep me in the loop in case other interactions may be impacted
With this consideration, you will also be allowed to clone your characters as needed. (Especially if its because of an interaction with the prince and having an interaction with other characters.) Just make sure the time of the interaction is noted. I recommend even on non-cloned characters/interactions to still have a note in the post of when the interaction takes place. (Ex. If the interaction is in the morning before breakfast in the ladies’ room, at the top of your post write something like, “Early Morning - Ladies’ Room” or “Before Breakfast - Ladies’ Room - with Character” or say if its an interaction in the garden at night with the prince, and I state the actual time, it can be something like “8:00pm - Gardens - with Prince Beckett”)
- There is no Character limit. (I’m not saying go wild and make 10 girls in the selection. But I’ll allow 3 or so, and for more you can make palace staff)
- Feel free to make plots among the maids and/or guards, and plan with the selected girls and their own maids (whether you make the maids characters yourself, or you let another RPer make the maids for your character, or the maids remain npcs)
- Please feel free to start an interaction with the other members of the royal family. Seriously, have your girls interact with the Queen, find out what it was like when she was the one trying to earn the heart of the prince. And get to know Princess Rosalie, you never know, your character may find they have more of a spark with her than Prince Beckett.
- Both of the Princes and the Princess each have a detailed list of likes and dislikes, but these will not be available right away. You will have to interact with them and find out more about them, and as you find something out, it will be added to the slides. This is to ensure that you don’t try to cater your character’s likes and dislikes to match theirs.
- If you have an idea for an event/plot line/date with the prince/etc. please share it with me! I’m up for any ideas.
- If you need/want an npc for any reason, let me now and I can help out however needed. I post for one, provide any information that might be needed, or anything else.
Signups are still open as well