The Strong Male Character

A lot of people think that men are perfectly fine in the media, that the push for strong female characters is all we really needed, but this is far from the case. Male leads in stories for as long as media has been around had always been the height of what most people consider toxically masculine by today’s standards.

There’s nothing wrong with being a man, but maybe it’s time to focus on showing how healthy being a man can really be?

18 Likes

I agree. I feel like there are sooo many strong female leads now that male leads are almost forgotten. Either they the toxically masculine action star or the comic goofball. Nothing in between.

8 Likes

I need more smart male mc’s books. I haven’t found a single one I liked and I’m running out of books… I might have to start reading female Mc books :disappointed:

Yes. Men needs to be seen better.

(Free my boy robin)

7 Likes

I’m sick of all men in stories being tough and muscular. :pensive::white_heart:

6 Likes

Yeah, especially all those Episode story ones.

5 Likes

The only males in most Episode stories are either 1. MC’s father or 2. MC’s love interest. Why can’t there just be a male to have a real impact on the plot??

2 Likes

Honestly, it sucks that the only realistic male Marvel character came from the worst MCU movie. @Antman

3 Likes

Soooo true. Male MC are far and few between, as are stories not resulting in romance.

2 Likes